X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Forums Server

Hello to all!

We have now completed stage1 of our server move from the old to new Database server cluster.

Please respond to this poll/thread letting us know if you've had any issues with the site at all since the move.

Cheers!

Edit: For reference, the forums have been on the new server for a period of 1 week.
    Much more stable than before, and alot faster
    32.91%
    I think it's slightly better
    25.32%
    I didnt notice any change
    27.85%
    Problems now and again
    10.13%
    Erratic availability, problems all the time
    3.80%

I've noticed a great improvement the forums lately

my only issue is after i post a reply the forums seem to freeze for a few seconds and and the blue background turns white while it is loading up.

here's a example

----------------------------------------------------------------------

and this one below this text i get this too once in a while

i've also seen a big improvemnt in how well firefox works on the forums it used to be very slow
    Last edited by Pharaoh Atem; 23 April 2006, 02:49 PM.
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I’d say they are more stable (I use Firefox) but as far as the speed goes, I can’t tell, since this past week I’ve been on dial-up but I regularly use a cable modem. Voted for the top choice anyway even though I can't tell if the forum is any faster.
      IMO always implied.

Comment

I have noticed it is alot more faster and stable using IE and Firefox.

Keep up the good work Greg

Comment

Originally posted by TheWarrior
          I have noticed it is alot more faster and stable using IE and Firefox.

Keep up the good work Greg
          indeed

Comment

Well sorry to be a wet blanket but it is slower/the same for me and I have found I am clicking on the submit button numerous times before it will submit my posts, this just happened today it was fine yesterday.

As I said no real difference in load times for me but wasn't expecting there to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
              <snip>

my only issue is after i post a reply the forums seem to freeze for a few seconds and and the blue background turns white while it is loading up.

<snip>

i've also seen a big improvemnt in how well firefox works on the forums it used to be very slow
              I'm having the same issues when I am replying to a post. There is definitely a delay.
              I'm also using Firefox, but I think that the pages load slightly slower for me, but nothing drastic.
              sigpic

Comment

I haven't noticed any changes, yet.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                  I'm having the same issues when I am replying to a post. There is definitely a delay.
                  I'm also using Firefox, but I think that the pages load slightly slower for me, but nothing drastic.
                  the only time i notcied a slow down is after i post a reply to a thread but it only last for a few seconds

Comment

I've noticed a big change in the load up speeds..which absolutley fantastic

The only slow downs im getting when posting is when i use the quick reply, but apart from that everything is flying
                    The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

the forums and how well there work may depend if users are on dial up or high speed intertnet

me i'm on high speed and GW worls wonderful
                      lol, even the most computer illiterate(sp? lol) should know that
                      The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

For quite some time now (several weeks), I've had alot of trouble with the forum on my home computer (dial-up). I usually can get to the main page of the forum, but from there, I have to refresh two or three (or more) times before a page will come up. And posting replies is even worse. Even if those problems don't materialize, it is very, very slow in loading pages (sometimes I can't tell if it is going to load the page or if I need to refresh it). It is very frustrating....

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat
                          For quite some time now (several weeks), I've had alot of trouble with the forum on my home computer (dial-up). I usually can get to the main page of the forum, but from there, I have to refresh two or three (or more) times before a page will come up. And posting replies is even worse. Even if those problems don't materialize, it is very, very slow in loading pages (sometimes I can't tell if it is going to load the page or if I need to refresh it). It is very frustrating....

well we've only been on the new servers for a week so if you go back several weeks we were on the old ones so of sourse there was going to be probelms

Comment

well we've only been on the new servers for a week so if you go back several weeks we were on the old ones so of sourse there was going to be probelms
                            Well, but I had the same problems this morning (at home)--right now I'm at school where they have a network. But at home on dial-up--same old, same old....

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

the only time i notcied a slow down is after i post a reply to a thread but it only last for a few seconds
                              I agree. I didn't mean to make out that it was a great big delay. It's just that I'm noticing the slight delay, but I can live with it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X