This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will we lose the zpm

After watching the SG-1 episode, Ripple Effect, I realized that the SGC will order the ZPM from Atlantis recalled back to Earth. In that episode, the mirror-universe team had to retrieve the ZPM from our universe to defend Earth after the Ori established a beachhead and invade. Now that has finally come to pass in our universe as well. Since the Ori threat is much more immediate than the Wraith, I expect the SGC will recall the ZPM. Weir and the rest of the Atlantis Expedition Team will object. But the appropriations committee will overrule them - being politicians of course. However, in the end I believe this is better for the series. Without a ZPM module, the team will have to be much more careful again. It helps to bring a sense of impending danger back to the show that was often missing in the second season.

What a great idea, and I hope that TPTB go in that direction. S2 of Atlantis has felt a bit like just another stop on the Milky Way stargate system, and loss of the ZPM would force the Atlantis team to more actively seek out more ancient tech to power the city. However, with their stated desire to keep the two series seperate, it probably won't happen.

Comment

Maybe Vala will "accidently" walk off with it when she and Daniel visit Atlantis...

Comment

That will only happen if Atlantis get another ZPM. probably from the Nano Tech People. We know that all the major characters live and get away. We also know that the Nano Ancients can build ZPM's. would not be surprised if they are set free with either the Knowledge to build them or are given some on there escape.

If they are give the information to build them i would guess that they would need some minerial or something that they need to create them. this would limit them on how many they could make.

1 or 2 max.

A bit far fetch i know but still possible

Comment

it will be interesting to see the theme of season 3
          Theme of season 1 was they were cut off, in a city without deffense, and terrible out numbered
          Theme of season 2 was they were undercover, the wraith couldnt know they exist so had to be more stelthy.
          Hola

Hello

Comment

Originally posted by NotAscended
            What a great idea, and I hope that TPTB go in that direction. S2 of Atlantis has felt a bit like just another stop on the Milky Way stargate system, and loss of the ZPM would force the Atlantis team to more actively seek out more ancient tech to power the city. However, with their stated desire to keep the two series seperate, it probably won't happen.
            Thanks. Wouldn't recalling the ZPM would make the two shows more seperate? Right now there have been quite a few crossovers made possible in part due to the team's connection to Earth.

Comment

yeah recalling the ZPM would be a great call,

Spoiler:
              they would be needing it to power the daedaulus' hyperdrive to get back to earth, then they could plug in the ZPM into the Anicent Outpost in Antartica and blow up the wraith ships with it, then they figure out how to use the ZPM's energy to kill the Ori ( catastrophic overload maybe??) maybe like how they blew up Apophis fleet in the Vorash system, detonate the star,

Comment

Originally posted by Lord You
                Wouldn't recalling the ZPM would make the two shows more seperate? Right now there have been quite a few crossovers made possible in part due to the team's connection to Earth.
                Indeed it would. And that would be an interesting situation for the Atlantis team to be put in once again. However, I don't see the ZPM being recalled this coming season.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I don't see why the Zpm shouldn't be recalled. After all, yes, the threat of the Ori is more imminent, but the only two things that ZPM can do in Atlantis is:

A) Dial out to Earth should they need to evacuate (but they've got the Daedalus for that). They should hide everyone on the Alpha, Beta and Gamma sites and then shuttle the Daedalus back and forth to Earth.
                  B) Cloak the shield again should the Wraith decide to swing by and check but if they do, they'll probably be more thourough than just look at the thing from space, so meh.
                  C) Maintain a shield that will be depleted within days (at most) should the Wraith launch an attack like in "The Siege". And they'll probably launch an even larger attack this time, hence depleting the shield much faster.

Comment

Yeah I think that with the dire situation in the MW galaxy, sending the ZPM (maybe the Daedalus too) back to Earth would make sense. Heck, we could use some puddle jumpers and drones too! I mean its really weighing the fate of EARTH's 6 billion humans and the governments that fund both stargate programs vs the few hundred people on the Atlantis expedition - I think the scales favor Earth just a bit. Doesnt mean it will happen on the show though...

Also, the threat of a large Wraith attack on Atlantis may be slightly diminished by the apparent fact that the Wraith are having a bit of trouble working together at all anymore- hence the new enemy in Atlantis.

Comment

recalling the zpm from atlantis would be the biggest mistake they could make as that if the wraith get the city they can send there whole fleet to MW it's a good idea but the atlantis exsperdion wouldnt let the zpm go if only thy had another to replace it with...

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisForever
                        recalling the zpm from atlantis would be the biggest mistake they could make as that if the wraith get the city they can send there whole fleet to MW it's a good idea but the atlantis exsperdion wouldnt let the zpm go if only thy had another to replace it with...
                        I don't think it would be a huge mistake. Atlantis may not have a choice. If the SGC is compromised then the only thing they'd have going for them would be their lonely ZPM anyway, which can defend them for perhaps a day. They'll lose any help, supplies and support from the Milky Way period. They'd also lose the Daedalus too. So right now the Ori presents a great threat to them as well, perhaps an even more immediate one.

The Wraith shouldn't be an immediate threat. Some have gotten what they want from Atlantis and show no more interest in it, the rest still don't know it's there yet and are busy fighting amongst themselves and with any luck will be busy for a little while.

What I don't like about this scenario is that it would give them another excuse for not exploring more of the city.
                        I don't see that the one ZPM is going to do much against the Ori right now.

What I do like about it is that the risk element is back without the easy outs, they'd be (hopefully) forced to come up with some real makeshift ideas, make better use of what they have and really think creatively.

I think it would work out really well for both shows if they couldn't use each other as convenient plot devices. ie. SG1 can't get any quick ideas from Atlantis' data transmissions. Atlantis can't get instant resupply from Earth. At least, that's the way it 'should' happen.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

hmmm im torn, do we send a ZPM back to earth, or the Orion? Choices choices

"But the core of science fiction, is essance has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all..."

Dont let our show die.

Comment

It might be better to send the Orion
                            Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

One thing about sending the atlantian Z.P.M. to earth...
                              Would they send it through the gate, or via one of the earth vessels?

Comment

Working...
                              X