• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kate Hewlett to be cast as McKay's Sister

This should be good

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/0...ckayssis.shtml

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

I agree. This sounds like it will be a great episode and am looking forward to seeing it.
    sigpic

Comment

Hooray! I know DH had mentioned somewhere that he was hoping that'd happen - I'm glad it really is! I can't wait to see it.
      "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
      My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

All I can say is YAY!

This is gonna be such a fantastic episode!
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

EXCERPT:

Kate Hewlett will guest star in MCKAY AND MRS MILLER in which Rodney is
          reunited with his estranged sister on Earth. Beware of spoilers for the upcoming episode below.

Glad to see they're casting siblings who will *gasp* look like siblings! Oh my god!!

Though tight-lipped about the plot of "McKay and Mrs. Miller," Gero did
          reveal the reason behind the tense relationship between Rodney and Jeannie.

SPOILER
          "She's equally brilliant," he said. "Let me put it that way. But she has kind
          of left the physics game. She got pregnant, basically, when she was in
          university, and decided that being a mother was really important to her. She kind of put that part of her life on hold. McKay never forgave her for that. He felt that she was potentially more brilliant than even he was, and feels like the contribution she could've made to humanity far outweighs going home and raising a kid.
          END SPOILER

Ooh, ouch, boy does that make Rodney look, well, petty! I can't wait to see how they iron this out!

I just hope it's not at the beginning of the second half of the season mark, otherwise we'll wait till 2007 to see it, of course, on TV, that is

Comment

OMG, this will be so good. I was hoping this will happen. Real brother and sister, it may be very interesting. And I am anxious about the

Spoiler:
            Jeannie´s child and Rodney´s reaction. He and kids..

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Great.. more focuse on McKay. Don't get me wrong i like him alot. But I wish we could get alot more backstory on Teyla, Sheppard, Beckett. I know they are suppossed to get their due this yr too most likely, but I think season 1's solo episode of McKay (the one where he is in the sinking PJ) was enough for now until some other developments were made. IMHO

Comment

I've just realised something...

Remember Rodney's message to Jeannie in 'Letters from Pegasus'?

Spoiler:
                (quote from gatenoise - http://www.moon-catchin.net/gatenoise/index.htm)

Ford, if you cut everything else, just, um, keep this part, OK? Jeannie? This is your brother, Rodney ... obviously! I wanna s-say, um ... I wanna say something. Uh ... family is important. I-I’ve come to realise that because the people here have become a sort of a ... kind of a surrogate family to me. (He smiles.) Now, I know what you’re thinking: I’ve never really been the poster child for that kind of sentiment but, uh, when ... when one’s contemplating ones own demise, one tends to see things more clearly. I really do wish you the best, you know, and I’m sorry we weren’t closer. Perhaps, um ... if by chance I make it out of this, perhaps one day we can be, and I would like that.

This could prove very interesting...
                sigpic
                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

This is so cool!
                  I love background stories and they have slowly built up to something like this for McKay. David is a great actor and I heard Kate was too! Love to see how this will all turn out!
                  sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk
                    This is so cool!
                    I love background stories and they have slowly built up to something like this for McKay. David is a great actor and I heard Kate was too! Love to see how this will all turn out!
                    NOt to whine, but I sure hope Sheppard gets an equally as good episode

Comment

Sweet. She doesn't look bad either. Maybe she will come to Atlantis...
                      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Best thing I heard in a long time. This is absolutely fantastic and I have a feeling this episode will be great.
                        Teal'c: I am loyal to the Tau'ri.
                        Simmons: Why should I believe you?
                        Teal'c: If I were still loyal to the Goa'uld, you would know it.
                        Simmons: Really?
                        Teal'c: It would become immediately apparent, as I would not hesitate to kill you where you sit.

Comment

is McKay and Mrs.Miller the first ep to have a characters name in the title?
                          MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
                          I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

Yes, I remember him saying that in Letters to Pegasus. That sets it up nicely. I'm looking forward to this! This sounds great! I definitely see the family resemblance.

Wilson3Girl

Comment

I've been waiting for this episode since McKay mentioned her sister in season 1. And having Kate Hewlett playing Rodney's sister in SGA is way too cool. I can't wait to watch this!

Comment

Working...
                              X