This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gero's "Day off" ep idea

Just read the article on Gateworld and thought I'd chime in to say I think it's a potentially great idea.

Just because it doesn't have any jeopardy doesn't mean it'd be bad. And there are different ways to define "jeopardy" too. The small dramas and tribulations of day-to-day life could make a nice counterpoint to the larger perils and threats faced in the rest of the show.

It'd also be nice to see some REAL character development beyond Shep letching after some young girl and Rodney acting like a buffoonish jerk. *sigh* Small doses, boys, those things are only good in SMALL doses. Not to mention the fact that with five mini stories the rest of the main cast might actually get a chance to ACT for a change. Maybe we could finally find out more about Teyla, for example. Hmm... *counts* I assume the five would be Shep, McKay, Teyla, Ronon and Weir, but personally, I think it'd be nice to see a bit of Beckett, too. He's SUPPOSED to be main cast, but I think the only one who's remembered that is the guy signing the paychecks.

Anyone have ideas for what kinds of things they'd like to see in an ep like this? Other than shippy stuff.

I'd like to see Teyla actually acting as a leader to her people. And Carson maybe trying to get something done while being constantly interrupted by a stream of petty "injuries". Maybe he could even be the connecting factor for the stories. Rodney's black eye, Shep's rash (hehe, sorry, couldn't resist), Teyla's bruised knuckles (hmm...), stuff like that.

EDIT: I didn't think this thread needed any caveats, but since some people feel compelled to continue a personal crusade of hate on every thread they visit, I'll point out that this thread is for FUN and FRIENDLY discussion ONLY. Honest criticism is one thing, but ABSOLUTELY NO BASHING, NO ATTACKS, NO DEATHWISHES. Thank you.
    Last edited by ShadowMaat; 21 April 2006, 03:52 AM.

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
    Just read the article on Gateworld and thought I'd chime in to say I think it's a potentially great idea.

Just because it doesn't have any jeopardy doesn't mean it'd be bad. And there are different ways to define "jeopardy" too. The small dramas and tribulations of day-to-day life could make a nice counterpoint to the larger perils and threats faced in the rest of the show.

It'd also be nice to see some REAL character development beyond Shep letching after some young girl and Rodney acting like a buffoonish jerk. *sigh* Small doses, boys, those things are only good in SMALL doses. Not to mention the fact that with five mini stories the rest of the main cast might actually get a chance to ACT for a change. Maybe we could finally find out more about Teyla, for example. Hmm... *counts* I assume the five would be Shep, McKay, Teyla, Ronon and Weir, but personally, I think it'd be nice to see a bit of Beckett, too. He's SUPPOSED to be main cast, but I think the only one who's remembered that is the guy signing the paychecks.

Anyone have ideas for what kinds of things they'd like to see in an ep like this? Other than shippy stuff.

I'd like to see Teyla actually acting as a leader to her people. And Carson maybe trying to get something done while being constantly interrupted by a stream of petty "injuries". Maybe he could even be the connecting factor for the stories. Rodney's black eye, Shep's rash (hehe, sorry, couldn't resist), Teyla's bruised knuckles (hmm...), stuff like that.
    The idea of a day off episode is great.

I'll begin waiting for it right now and hoping that it ever makes to the final cut and to my screen...
    Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

I think it would be cool, I like charecter development
      Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Lets' do it.

Comment

I agree! I think it'd be a fun idea, really!

Being a Weir fan, personally, I think it'd be funny to see her trying to deal with a bunch of scientists squabbling over a project or some such thing, bothering her every 5 minutes and her getting really exasperated. Maybe getting to see her sort of vent to one of the other main cast about the long day she's had because of it. And at the end of the episode, the stack of work she had at the beginning of the day is almost larger at the end of the day - because isn't that how it works everywhere?
          "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
          My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

I forsee a running joke about everyone telling Weir she's got it easy, or that it must be nice to kick back and relax, how how she must be enjoying her day off... and meanwhile she's running herself ragged trying to keep everything (and everyone) from flying to pieces. lol

Comment

I hope he (MG) or someone writes this episode someday. I think it is a great idea and would love to watch it.

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                I forsee a running joke about everyone telling Weir she's got it easy, or that it must be nice to kick back and relax, how how she must be enjoying her day off... and meanwhile she's running herself ragged trying to keep everything (and everyone) from flying to pieces. lol
                Exactly. It's hard to escape from that when you're stuck in your workplace..
                "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Potentially great. Martin or Carl could probably pull it off... as long as the taint of corruption from certain other writers hasn't seeped in too deep.

Comment

I think it would be a good idea, if written well. We could see the Atlantis team kind of just hanging out, playing card games, or foosball or something, to kind of see their friendship in a more laid back atmosphere.
                    Say No To Kirking: Join STAKS

Comment

Yeah, hopefully they do it. An idea would be Lorne to be killed and his body launched into the vaccum of space.

Comment

Originally posted by npattis
                        Yeah, hopefully they do it. An idea would be Lorne to be killed and his body launched into the vaccum of space.
                        You mean like them having a memorial service or something? I was kinda thinking it should be a little less depressing.

Comment

Originally posted by atlantisrocks
                          You mean like them having a memorial service or something? I was kinda thinking it should be a little less depressing.
                          How is that in anyway depressing?

Comment

Originally posted by npattis
                            How is that in anyway depressing?
                            I dunno, maybe to the huge amount of Lorne fans on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by atlantisrocks
                              I dunno, maybe to the huge amount of Lorne fans on this forum.
                              Fail to see the point

Comment

Working...
                              X