This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any good allies out there

The SGC has some good allies and meet some really powerfull races like th Nox. You would think that there would be some races in the Peg that would be better tha the wraith so far everyone we meet has been weak. I not saying we need another version of the asgard, nox, or anything like that but just having the Atlantis team, and the wraith as the strongest (haven't seen what the Asusrans can really do yet) races makes the peg gal feel kinda empty and one sided. The wraith are still the top dawgs right now. Look at it this way, the gualds where in power of the milkyway for long time yet adnvaced races still existed, why not in the peg gal.

just a thought i had.

by the way if there has already been a thread about this don't tell me i'm too lazy to search.
    Religion and science are the same both explain Gods work.

Originally posted by jash
    The SGC has some good allies and meet some really powerfull races like th Nox. You would think that there would be some races in the Peg that would be better tha the wraith so far everyone we meet has been weak. I not saying we need another version of the asgard, nox, or anything like that but just having the Atlantis team, and the wraith as the strongest (haven't seen what the Asusrans can really do yet) races makes the peg gal feel kinda empty and one sided. The wraith are still the top dawgs right now. Look at it this way, the gualds where in power of the milkyway for long time yet adnvaced races still existed, why not in the peg gal.

just a thought i had.

by the way if there has already been a thread about this don't tell me i'm too lazy to search.
    Nope..the Wraith made cheese burgers of them all.

10,000 year ago...maybe the Dorandans (see 'Trinity') but they were eventually lit up like a fire cracker.

Comment

lacking a good ally makes the peg gal seem kinda boring doesn't it. Even more so now that the Asusrans are on there way.

I like th earth asgard ally thing going on we need help with tech and they need help wit the simple stuff.

some kind of an ally is needed.
      Religion and science are the same both explain Gods work.

Comment

i think that there are many people we could be allies with. i just think with the wraith constantly wreaking havoc on any number of worlds and keeping them technologically stagnant isn't helping our situation much. i mean, most of the people we meet are either too primitive to help, even if they wanted, or have been burned too many times by the wraith that they have this "look out for number one" mentality. i think in time we may find a good ally, but for now it's kinda cool to still have it be us vs the pegasus galaxy.

Comment

well there were the olesians, but they were whiped out and atlantis wouldn't want alliance with them anyway

Comment

they should have sooo became the SGA tollan, advanced and everything...that episode, alot of episode had potential for some much more.
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            Stargate : Genesis |
            Original Starship DesignThread
            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
            11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
              they should have sooo became the SGA tollan, advanced and everything...that episode, alot of episode had potential for some much more.
              yeah
              sigpic
              Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

It took a while for the Asgard to be introduced, and even longer for them to become our allys. The fact that we are already using way more advanced things than SG-1 were when their series started could account for the lack of powerful allies.

We are also probably one of the most advnaced races in Pegasus, if you include the technology we have in our possession.
                An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                  except that this ones would love to trade with us

Comment

Well.. Cool allies with nifty gadgets would be alot of fun. But I think it's safe to say that the Wraith aren't the best neighbors you could have. If there was anyone ever approaching advancement in Pegasus in the last, what? 10 million yrs? Then the Wraith would have taken noticed and and all out war would have broken out. Of course it's possible there are others out there with enough tech to protect themselves, like the planets with ancient devices left behind. But I would think anyone smart enough to be an allie, would ahve left the galaxy along time ago, or is in hiding and will be tough to find.

Comment

Actually I like the idea that we're the most advanced "good guys" in pegasus.

In SG-1, our primary objective has always been to safe guard earth first. We'd help other races fight the Gua'uld or the bad guy of the week, but the overall story arc was always about protecting earth. In Atlantis, its not just about us, its about all the humans in Pegasus. We could always blow atlantis and leave Pegasus if we chose to, but they're stuck, and we are they're only hope for survival.

Also, in Atlantis, we're on our own. We have to find a way to defeat the wraith without a jaffa or tok'ra style rebellion to ally with. Even though the wraith are fighting amongst themsleves, all of the various factions are still our enemies, and always will be. And while there is some help from the Asgard in Atlantis, its minimal compared to the cooperation we see in SG-1.

Comment

Originally posted by cooky
                        Actually I like the idea that we're the most advanced "good guys" in pegasus.

In SG-1, our primary objective has always been to safe guard earth first. We'd help other races fight the Gua'uld or the bad guy of the week, but the overall story arc was always about protecting earth. In Atlantis, its not just about us, its about all the humans in Pegasus. We could always blow atlantis and leave Pegasus if we chose to, but they're stuck, and we are they're only hope for survival.

Also, in Atlantis, we're on our own. We have to find a way to defeat the wraith without a jaffa or tok'ra style rebellion to ally with. Even though the wraith are fighting amongst themsleves, all of the various factions are still our enemies, and always will be. And while there is some help from the Asgard in Atlantis, its minimal compared to the cooperation we see in SG-1.
                        Who says there isnt some sort of wraith rebelion.. Which has invented technolgy that replaces humans as a food source and supplies them with the energy they need.. haha.
                        Matthew
                        Shields at full. Ready main rail guns. Ready all missile batteries.

Comment

I hope we actually do get new allies coz the asgard are kind of disapperin from the show
                          I HATE SY-FY

Comment

When I first read about how in S3 of Atlantis a new race would be introduced, I had hoped it would be the Furlings, since I had also read somewere else that they might be introduced in S9 of SG-1. While that is probly not the case, I still think that if/when the Furlings are brought in, they should be in SG:A. They need them more than SG-1 does IMO.

& hey, the Furlings could be in THEIR own galaxy, just like the Asgaurd, meaning the SG franchise could then span 5 1/2 galaxies.

Comment

Originally posted by CobraGate
                              When I first read about how in S3 of Atlantis a new race would be introduced, I had hoped it would be the Furlings, since I had also read somewere else that they might be introduced in S9 of SG-1. While that is probly not the case, I still think that if/when the Furlings are brought in, they should be in SG:A. They need them more than SG-1 does IMO.

& hey, the Furlings could be in THEIR own galaxy, just like the Asgaurd, meaning the SG franchise could then span 5 1/2 galaxies.
                              Hmm, the furlings could be in their own galaxy yes...that's possible, but...

Spoiler:
                              They're in next season, supposedly in the 200th episode (please gosh don't let Marty be a furling, PLEASE!!!)
                              http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Working...
                              X