• Show
Clear All

Best Sci-fi premise for non ST/SG/FS show

• Seven Days
    • Earth: Final Conflict
    • Andromeda
    • Babylon 5: Crusade
    • Others?

Simply based on the idea for the show which do you think is the best? Given the same acting talent, sfx budget, etc, which would have ended up being the best show?

Haven't seen much of any of those shows, but I can say right away that Andromeda would be the worst and should under no circumstance EVER be resurrected as a movie or in any other form.

My 2 cents.

Comment

Crusade!

I'm still furious that WB didn't allow JMS to tell his story they way he wanted to tell it.
      sigpic
      "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
      Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Crusade!
        It had sooo much potential - a killer storyline which could have run for years and characters you knew and cared about even after 13 episodes.

Seven Days was also amazing too; but I don't think enough was done to make the backstep that interesting every week and the Mr Parker/Olga thing got old very quickly.
        Ses
        James Lafazanos - Good for a Laf

Comment

Out of the ones I've watched, I'd have to say Firefly. The underdog story is always interesting.

Though from what I've heard Earth 2 had an interesting premise, never got around to watching the series though.

Comment

I think the best premise was EFC. Ultimately the execution failed but idea was fascinating.

I think Dark Angel was a pretty good idea too. Once again though....execution issues.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Futurama, of course.

I could also see Firefly going strong for many seasons. It's too bad it got cancelled.

Comment

Firefly

Comment

Firefly, a western in space, east meets west series*puts complete set of FOX executives over VERY hot flame*
                  Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                  - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Firefly definitely had a lot of potential. The episodes we did get were topnotch and the movie totally rocked.

What TNT did to B5:Crusade makes me weep. If they just would have left JMS alone to do his best, it would have rocked. They trusted him enough to pick up B5 when it was prematurely cancelled. They should have trusted his vision on Crusade. *sigh*

Earth 2 was good - and IMO, original - I was sorry it got axed.

Space: Above and Beyond was also an excellent show with an interesting storyline. Fox sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by the_cadpig
                      What TNT did to B5:Crusade makes me weep. If they just would have left JMS alone to do his best, it would have rocked. They trusted him enough to pick up B5 when it was prematurely cancelled. They should have trusted his vision on Crusade. *sigh*
                      What happened with Crusade? Did the execs meddle with it?

Comment

Quantum Leap... I love the idea of traveling through time within your own lifetime.

Comment

Regarding Crusade: They aired the episodes in the wrong order, they interfered non-stop in all decisions. They wanted alot more action from episode one, they wanted alot more Tits and Ass and hot babes.

Comment

TNT is crap and so is TBS. Ted Turner and his companies are retards.

JMS should've gone to Sci-Fi straight, instead of going to a FOX-like company.
                            http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                            http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Firefly for me, that was great....the hole pirate ship dynamic
                              Theshold (did anyone watch this) perfect combo of x-files an 4400

Comment

Working...
                              X