This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camelot battle tactics

Ok, so I have a few questions, having just seen this amazing episode (so late, I know). Why didn't they use the Asgard beaming tech and port' in nukes? I'm sure the Asgard would bend their rules for a situation so dire.

Secondly, where were the x-302's? It seemed like the Ori battleships only had one major beam weapon. I would assume that a lot of little flies would have some drawing effect. The same goes for gliders.

Thirdly, the asgard send one ship? And the Lucian sent three, when it looked like they had hundreds (even though their leader went).

Best,
    Phil
    Teal'c: I believe a medical attack could be successful.
    Jack: Surgical attack Teal'c. It's called a surgical attack.

Originally posted by USS Thunderchild
    Ok, so I have a few questions, having just seen this amazing episode (so late, I know). Why didn't they use the Asgard beaming tech and port' in nukes? I'm sure the Asgard would bend their rules for a situation so dire.

Secondly, where were the x-302's? It seemed like the Ori battleships only had one major beam weapon. I would assume that a lot of little flies would have some drawing effect. The same goes for gliders.

Thirdly, the asgard send one ship? And the Lucian sent three, when it looked like they had hundreds (even though their leader went).

Best,
    Phil
    The Asgard beaming tech can't bypass Goa'uld sheilds so I doubt it would an Ori one...

Comment

here's a link to the final 6 mins of camelot http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6TKo99PCV0

i don't think there had much time to do that even if there could the first shot pretty much put the ships dead in the water
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I don't think our forces were expecting the Ori to pack that much of a punch. Let's face it, they wiped the floor with us. There wasn't much time for anything.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

We also weren't really expecting a major battle. Well, maybe Teal'c was but overall we weren't. We were just there to try and rig the gate so we could send the device through or destroy it possibly. Regardless, it doesn't matter. As TFM said, we got our asses handed to us on a silver platter.

Comment

The Ori ships did have secondary weapons to protect their aft, but I agree. 302s gliders or even Al'Kesh would've been more effective since thei are very hard to hit with weapons designed to fight capital ships.

Comment

I don't know why we didn't use any nukes?

all we did was fire some missiles at them

Comment

Those missiles carried naquada enhanced mk VIII nuclear warheads, I think. at least the Deadalus carries them.

Comment

they didn't look like 1000 mega ton explosions to me

Comment

Thats because they exploded before they hit the ships themself because of the shields. But I think it should be discussed in the Tech & Science area.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Zoidberg
                      they didn't look like 1000 mega ton explosions to me
                      Yeah, the writers need to start having the nukes detonate before they hit the shields. Otherwise it's stupid to fire missiles. Its stupid to fire them in the first place though.

As for better battle tactics, the second the ori ships began powering weapons the allied vessels should have been making evasive maneuvers while shooting at the ori ships. This would keep the ships with stronger shields from ending up dead in the water after being hit by the beam weapon. As well, i believe if all of the allied ships had concentrated all of their fire, on one ori ship at a time it would have had a more adverse affect on the ori ships shields.

Best Stargate quote:
                      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                      Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
                        Yeah, the writers need to start having the nukes detonate before they hit the shields. Otherwise it's stupid to fire missiles. Its stupid to fire them in the first place though.

As for better battle tactics, the second the ori ships began powering weapons the allied vessels should have been making evasive maneuvers while shooting at the ori ships. This would keep the ships with stronger shields from ending up dead in the water after being hit by the beam weapon. As well, i believe if all of the allied ships had concentrated all of their fire, on one ori ship at a time it would have had a more adverse affect on the ori ships shields.
                        Definitely. Fly around in three dimensions. The 304s have weapons emplacements all around and if they could have stayed away from that front beam weapon who's to say the Ori's secondary ones would have had much if any effect against their shields. The missiles, likewise, don't have to travel direclty forward, they can launch and let the missile find it's own way to the ori ship.

Comment

they can bypass alterran shields only cuz they know the frequencies

also you forget that the toilet seat class ships have auto fire energy weapons as well

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
                            also you forget that the toilet seat class ships have auto fire energy weapons as well
                            And the significance of this is.....?

Best Stargate quote:
                            Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                            Green is your friend.

Comment

Are you expecting non-military television people to know and be able to use actual combat tactics in a space battle *that we don't really have in the military* with technology that doesn't really exist???

Comment

Working...
                              X