This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is the wraith ......... like?

i was woundering what is the wraith home world like i mean has it got like things that make hive ships, and stuff.

please post your views

Last edited by nemisis; 22 April 2006, 04:39 PM.

R.I.P Carson.

Depends if you mean the original homeworld or homeworld as in capitals for the different hives. The Goa'uld had many homeworlds for the numerous Goa'uld lords which were cities but their birth world was just a primitive swamp world almost.

Not sure if the Wraith have a home world (not talking about their birth world) as there has been no mention of one and the hiveships would be perfect for a nomadic existence.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori
      Not sure if the Wraith have a home world (not talking about their birth world) as there has been no mention of one and the hiveships would be perfect for a nomadic existence.
      If the wraith evolved from the eratus bug, then their homeworld would be where these first existed in the galaxy. I would say it may have been Teyla's home planet. That is where shep was bitten by one of the bugs.

Also, and please correct me if I am wrong, but there are caves full of these bugs and their young on that planet. So this would lead me to believe that the bugs started there, or at least in that part of the galaxy.

" A friend of mine once sent me a post card with a picture of the entire planet Earth taken from space. On the back it said, "Wish you were here." " --Steven Wright

--Does that sound familiar to anyone else?--

Comment

Woah woah woah, that planet wasn't Teyla's homeworld, it's where they found the first hive.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodan5757
          If the wraith evolved from the eratus bug, then their homeworld would be where these first existed in the galaxy. I would say it may have been Teyla's home planet. That is where shep was bitten by one of the bugs.

Also, and please correct me if I am wrong, but there are caves full of these bugs and their young on that planet. So this would lead me to believe that the bugs started there, or at least in that part of the galaxy.
          In 38 Minutes while going back to recon the hiveship on the wraith homeworld, they discovered all that was left, were a few wraith on the ground and a giant crater. Then shep ran through that web and the thing started sucking the life out of him.

Best Stargate quote:
          Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
          Green is your friend.

Comment

From what I saw in 'Michael' Ithought that was the homeworld it reminded me of the set up like in 'The Time Machine' fictional story and the modern movie. Just a cluster of different massive hive like land marks.

Remember in 'The Gift' that old world....I think that was one of the homeworlds, but that wasn't populated or left empty by the Wraith. Since I don't think it was the Wraith that ran tests on Teyla's ancestors, that story was full of too many wholes.

But like a cluster of hives blocked together to create a sort of mini states with one major hive in the center. Think like the old world vikings, where they woul dhave that major long house during the winter and a small little teepee like huts surrounding.

I think each of the little huts are like sort of Domains like fuedal society with higher ranks that go down to a smaller ones, but these main people all are under one queen or king. Hence the reason i also think the older the Wraith the stronger their psychic or mental abilities---but the hungrier it makes them.
            ------------------------------------------------
            As for people, don't think there are a lot of women, hence they seem to be in control, much like most hives the women are reveered and lead. Probably more power than the men. And their not able to have too many children, to maintani population control.

I do wonder about the biological functions in reproduction and have there been cases of wraith/human relationships....I just wondered about Teyla. I also wondered if there is actually a Wraith Teyla in the midst and if that projection of a similar person not just another aspect of her connection. Also wondered about if possibly Michael was of the same 'hive' as to the Wraith that donated their genetic make-up to Teyla.

Just little things like that.

VB
            Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
              Woah woah woah, that planet wasn't Teyla's homeworld, it's where they found the first hive.
              Thank you for the clarification, it was my mistake. I don't currently have any atlantis on dvd, so I have only seen each episode once.

" A friend of mine once sent me a post card with a picture of the entire planet Earth taken from space. On the back it said, "Wish you were here." " --Steven Wright

--Does that sound familiar to anyone else?--

Comment

We have no way to know if we've actually seen their homeworld yet.

There was the planet where Shep got the bug on his neck but there was also another planet that had Iratus bugs on it in conversion which had ground gate instead of a space one so it was a different one from 38 minutes/rising.

This means the bugs are spread all over Pegasus somehow, hitching rides in traded crops most likely, so there's no real way to know where the bugs or Wraith originally evolved.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros
                  We have no way to know if we've actually seen their homeworld yet.

There was the planet where Shep got the bug on his neck but there was also another planet that had Iratus bugs on it in conversion which had ground gate instead of a space one so it was a different one from 38 minutes/rising.

This means the bugs are spread all over Pegasus somehow, hitching rides in traded crops most likely, so there's no real way to know where the bugs or Wraith originally evolved.

But I thought in 'Michael' that might have given us a glimpse of their homeworld since it seems littered with Wraith, I'm not saying the ONLY place, but definitely one of them.

VB

Comment

I wonder if we will ever meet that Wraith scientist....I mean Wraith do live almost forever as long as they are fed.......

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis1
                      The world Teylas' ancestors were being tested on was a human world. A wraith scientist had a secret lab there trying to make humans live longer during being feed on by the wraith. The scientist used some wraith dna on the humans and it resulted in them being able to read the wraiths mind. The other wraith didn't like this so they forced him to quit. The scientist released the human test subjects and abandoned the project.
                      The people of the planet didn't trust the test subjects so they exiled them from the settlement. A few gated off-world before the wraith decided to destroy the civiliation on that planet.

I really don't see the holes in the episode that you say are in it. I thought it was interesting plot line. Makes sence that a wraith scientist might try something like this to make feeding more satisfactory and possibly cause the feeding effects to last longer.

You just stated the hole.... Why in the hell would the Wraith of any kind release the humans who pose a threat in hopes that their special abilities would fade as they reproduced?! Does that in any way seem logical!? That would be one stupid Wraith and a scientist at that. Further more, what was the need of the Wraith to come back to the planet and eliminate those special people...since one of them let them go in hopes that it would fade.
                      And let's not forget it was already mentioned that these people were a threat because they did battle with the Wraith and won.

I figure this was a rogue Ancestor who saw the human race as abundant in 'mass' as the wraith themselves. So they took down a ship and and or used it to transport people...and run tests. I don't know of the Puddlejumpers havingn this special beaming tech like the Hive ships. They ran as much tests and hoped that they could start a serious military. And hence the first battle where these gifted won against the Wraith.

But when they were found out by lets say another hive ship....they decided to release the people in hopes that these people would be able to reproduce adn carry on to their children so they can take out the Wraith in the future. But unfortunatley they didn't forsee the emotional problems these people would have, nor did they see that these people would be turned against by their own. Then a few die, other's flee and fade in denying that ability of theirs.

Hence the reason I felt there were holes and figured that was the other motive.

VB

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella
                        But I thought in 'Michael' that might have given us a glimpse of their homeworld since it seems littered with Wraith, I'm not saying the ONLY place, but definitely one of them.

VB
                        I think that was just because that cruiser had landed there.

I don't think they even really have a homeworld in the sense of something covered with Wraith cities or anything. They seem to live almost entirely in space.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros
                          I think that was just because that cruiser had landed there.

I don't think they even really have a homeworld in the sense of something covered with Wraith cities or anything. They seem to live almost entirely in space.

What cruiser landed where....? I'm talking about where 'Michael' said he felt he was being called too, when he was ddialing the stargate on the Alpha Site...that was like Wraith wonderland...

VB

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella
                            What cruiser landed where....? I'm talking about where 'Michael' said he felt he was being called too, when he was ddialing the stargate on the Alpha Site...that was like Wraith wonderland...

VB
                            The place he took Teyla to at the end right?

Yeah they showed a brief shot of a cruiser landed there. It was probably his queen or his tribe calling to him or something.

Comment

Yeah but that's enough to say that they have some sort of a civilization. There were more than one of them and in various degrees, I figured they lived like most people do, in clusters in different places. Much like in Rising how those Wraith seemed to have their own planet or one like in 38 minutes.

A civilization doesn't need like shops and stores and little homes. Their not human and have their own sort of city-states to represent a civilization. I think the Wraith have that. They also have children, which makes me wonder how that works into the equation, we've never seen the younger Wraith on the hives, and so I figured they lived in that little town that is very movable like in what we saw of 'Michael'.

VB

VB

Comment

Working...
                              X