X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestion for new ranks

Hey all

Most of you know that the Goa'uld have been defeated and that the thread now comes from the Ori. I would like to see new ranks on the forum. I find the old ones now quitte boring. I am now a Royal Guard but it would be cooler if it was a Royal Guard in the Style of the Ori. We' could have some ranks like Unbelievers (instead of Prim'tah), Loyal Origin followers(instead of Jaffa Worrior), Administrators, Priors, Ori ship pilot (instead of Death Glider Pilot) the Doci, the Guards of Celestis, .... I would love to see the old ranks replaced by some new ones. I know this is ultimatally up to Darren but like I said in my title this is only a suggestion. I am just interested in the possiblilty of new ranks, if you would like that. Perhaps you guys can also come up with better examples for new ranks than me. Thanks for reading this

_Anubis
    I would like to see new ranks
    26.85%
    No I want to stay with the old ranks
    13.27%
    I want to choose the Ori or the Goa'uld
    12.65%
    It does not matter to me.
    16.67%
    earth military ranks (air Force)
    30.56%
    Lord Zedd

I'm with you here. Some new ranks would be really great. Very good idea Anubis

Comment

*head/desk* not this again *breaks down in tears* I really dont think having the Ori ranks are a good idea, especially when there are many that dont like them.
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

There are also a lot that do like them And the many that don't like them don't respresent everybody on the forum. But this might be a solution. Perhaps they could add a feature at the profile where you can choose to follow the Ori or serve the Goa'uld. That way everybody will be pleased !

Perhaps moderators could add also a poll ???
        Option 1 I would like to see new ranks
        Option 2 No I want to stay with the old ranks
        Option 3 I want to choose the Ori or the Goa'uld
        Option 4 It does not matter to me.
        Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
          There are also a lot that do like them Perhaps they could add a feature at the profile where you can choose to follow the Ori or serve the Goa'uld. That way everybody will be pleased !
          Sounds like an interesting idea. But for now, we don't know enough about the Ori to establish different levels within their society or culture. Something to consider for the future, perhaps? In any case, Darren will have the final say, and what he decides will be what we end up with.

Comment

before you get all excited no matter what you say or what results in the poll show. it truly up to Darren and David what happens and this subject has already been discussed a handful of times
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

There are already a few threads discussing the possibilities for new ranking systems. I think the last one got moved to OT, although it might be in this section, somewhere.

Personally, I think the Ori are utter crap and I want nothing to do with them, not even as part of a silly, meaningless title. We HATES them, yes we does, Precious.... Nasty Orises.

I LIKE the Goa'uld. I LIKE being a Goa'uld Lord. But if the groupmind insists on changng it, I'd want a Wraith/Atlantis ranking system.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
                before you get all excited no matter what you say or what results in the poll show. it truly up to Darren and David what happens and this subject has already been discussed a handful of times
                I have said that allready in my first post that it will be up to Darren. I was just wondering what people might think about new rankings
                Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                  There are already a few threads discussing the possibilities for new ranking systems. I think the last one got moved to OT, although it might be in this section, somewhere.

Personally, I think the Ori are utter crap and I want nothing to do with them, not even as part of a silly, meaningless title. We HATES them, yes we does, Precious.... Nasty Orises.

I LIKE the Goa'uld. I LIKE being a Goa'uld Lord. But if the groupmind insists on changng it, I'd want a Wraith/Atlantis ranking system.
                  I looked for older threads but no results :s but I usually find 0 results when I use the search button.

On my forum Stargate Omega I have an Atlantis / Wraith raking system It was not easy to come up with but I have found some .

You say you think the Ori are utter crap. Some like the Ori a lot. For that an option in your profile where you can choose, what type of ranking system would be usefull. I don't think it is very hard to create that option.
                  Lord Zedd

Comment

On my forum Stargate Omega I have an Atlantis / Wraith raking system It was not easy to come up with but I have found some .
                    give up a example if you want to convince everyone that you want to new ranks you have to give use some selling points it's not enought to jus make a thread and expect everyone to do the work for you

trust me i know
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Perhaps you should read my first post where I have given some examples for possible ranks. I even challenged you to come up with some better than myself.

-Unbelievers
                      -Origin followers
                      -Administrators
                      -Priors
                      -Ori ships pilot
                      -Doci's
                      -Elites of Celestis
                      Lord Zedd

Comment

Hm. The one I was thinking of was for making the rep levels Ori related: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=24328

Which would probably be the next thing to go since it's as "old and outdated" as the user ranks. *sigh*

If it's a matter of being given a CHOICE of going Ori or not, that's one thing, but if it's going to be the Ori or nothing, I choose nothing.

Comment

An option is indeed the best feature
                          Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
                            There are also a lot that do like them And the many that don't like them don't respresent everybody on the forum. But this might be a solution. Perhaps they could add a feature at the profile where you can choose to follow the Ori or serve the Goa'uld. That way everybody will be pleased !
                            I think that's a great idea! I for one would love an Ori ranking, I'm also very tired of the Goa'uld... times change, have to move with it

A poll on this would be interesting

Comment

I've got to say it... I neither know nor care about Ori or Goa'uld ranks. I don't pay much attention to my own or anyone else's. I didn't join the forum because I'm an SG-1 fan. *shrugs*

Comment

Working...
                              X