Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will the expedition start again ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When will the expedition start again ...

When will the expedition start again some exploring on Atlantis, the city itself. I have waited for a long time now but they stopped exploring sections of Atlantis. I think at least 75% of the city hasn't been visited by the Atlantis expedition. This bugs me kinda hard. I wished that they would find out some cool inventions that were made by the Ancients. Atlantis is so big but all the expidition does is staying at the same place on Atlantis or going offworld. Let them first get know something about Atlantis self and than stick their noses elsewhere ! Instead of exposing their position to the Wraith they could learn a whole bunch about the Ancients and the technology, about how they ascended, .... It frustrates me very much ! What do you think?
    Lord Zedd

Hopefully soon they will start exploring the city again.

Comment

Well, I guess there are probably teams that are exploring the city. But I know what you mean. It would be nice to have in-city episodes like Hot Zone.
      It's like they setup camp and just made Atlantis into another SG Command away from home.
      So far from the spoilers though it doesn't seem like anything like that might be coming anytime soon.

Comment

Has anyone thought that maybe Atlantis is NOT full of treasures? Or maybe the Lantiens took the good stuff back with them when they went back to Earth for survival?

I mean, there's only so much you can do with exploring the city. If you think they're going to find a magic tool that will, say, repair the Deady in 2 seconds flat...well, I don't think that will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
          Has anyone thought that maybe Atlantis is NOT full of treasures? Or maybe the Lantiens took the good stuff back with them when they went back to Earth for survival?

I mean, there's only so much you can do with exploring the city. If you think they're going to find a magic tool that will, say, repair the Deady in 2 seconds flat...well, I don't think that will happen.
          I'm not expecting treasures or technological bounty. I'm just dissapointed that TPTB don't take advantage of the story possibilities that exploration within the city provides. At least save us from crap eps like "The Tower".....

Comment

Originally posted by PG15

i doubt the lantiens took anything back to earth with them when they left atlantis if you recall in before i sleep most of the ancients that went through the gate weren't carrying anything apart from janus who pit his research for building a time jumper into a bag presumably with some personal possessions.

Comment

I also would like more Atlantis-based episodes...I don't want it to turn out like the sgc where they have nothing there. As for the cool stuff in the city...I bet its still there...if it wasn't, there'd be all sorts of artifacts cropping up all over earth...which makes me wonder...if Earth was an Ancient outpost or even major world...how come there's not all the cool Ancient stuff lying around like on other planets? Surely they didn't put it ALL in Atlantis...either that or the Earth was such a major place for so long that all the stuff is buried so deep under the surface that we haven't reached it...ok now I'm getting off topic

Comment

while i can understand everyone being anxious to see what's out there, doesn't anybody else feel it would be more satisfying to see things reveal themselves slowly? i mean, it's only been two seasons. i would like to think that there's much more to be discovered over many seasons. i personally feel that although we haven't seen any "major" discoveries in terms of rooms, we have begun to see a lot more of the city itself. in "The Tower" we saw a sister city to Atlantis which had an indentical layout. we explored in that episode where the drones are held and where the star drive was activated. in "Michael" we saw new quarters with glass walls. ok, it's not much...but it's still something! lol

Comment

I'd like to see a couple of city-centered exploratory eps each season. I don't feel that we know enough about the city really...there MUST be more interesting stuff there.

Comment

i enjoy epsiodes like this this is what we were promised the great city of atlantis and all it's wonders ..... still waiting
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Dylan Deltoran
                      I also would like more Atlantis-based episodes...I don't want it to turn out like the sgc where they have nothing there. As for the cool stuff in the city...I bet its still there...if it wasn't, there'd be all sorts of artifacts cropping up all over earth...which makes me wonder...if Earth was an Ancient outpost or even major world...how come there's not all the cool Ancient stuff lying around like on other planets? Surely they didn't put it ALL in Atlantis...either that or the Earth was such a major place for so long that all the stuff is buried so deep under the surface that we haven't reached it...ok now I'm getting off topic
                      Avalon, the Antartic outpost(alright its like the docking station of atlantis... The Stargate, the DHD, the Healing device, the Legends, the ZPM, theres alot of things we haven't found or thought of. For example the Lockness Monster could actually be a ship lol.

Anyways, the Lantians may of brought it all back to earth they did make severla trips back to earth.(as Time guy said Wier was i nthe first group) You send the first 1 or two to chekc things out the next 3 or 4 with your crap and then the last ones are the most important.

The City has a ZPM, 1/3 full power but enough to search the city. First they have to give Rodney n Zelenka time and reason to explore. For example, random beacon going off in Mckays closet, turns out to be an ancient Adult Libary or something interesting LOL.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

I think that the problem you brought is that we are exspect rodney to make discoveries, but I think that perhaps the show spread it self out and include the other members of the expedition and let them make the discoveries and so fourth, I personally think atlantis has got to cought in just the main team.

Comment

They are exploring Alantis right now, remember in the second ep of the last season one of the scientist came up to Weir and said we have been observing many things since we put in the ZPM
                          Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
                            They are exploring Alantis right now, remember in the second ep of the last season one of the scientist came up to Weir and said we have been observing many things since we put in the ZPM
                            Yes he they making very exciting discoveries, but the writers have not shown us what they are , they are not useing any of them, as far we have been told they have not found any new peice of technology in atlantis this season.
                            Last edited by knowles2; 26 April 2006, 04:20 AM.

Comment

I've got to agree with this post they built up how great the Ancient technology was and stuff was just before Stargate Atlantis started in the Lost City but they hav'nt shown us most of the technology that the city holds.

Matt

Rhyddid Ar gyfer Cymru

Comment

Working...
                              X