This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i yhink we need more ...

i think we need more ronon shoting up people.i find it so funny what u say?

R.I.P Carson.

I say you're exactly the demographic the producers are writing for. God save us all...

Comment

Originally posted by nemisis
      I agree, I'm all into senseless violence in films, and I have no problem of it crossing over into tv. Dolf Lungren, Steven Seagal, early Arnold Shwartznagger, Van Damn or Wesley Snipes didn't become some of my faves because of the cheesy acting. I'm all about death count. I guess I'm part of the demographic also.

As long as he doesn't do that jumpinng punch, it always looks sloppy to me and he's too tall to be jumping down to punch someone, most of the cats on the show are shorter than him.

VB
      Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        I say you're exactly the demographic the producers are writing for. God save us all...
        lmao! Thats about right
        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

It's OK in moderation. But too much Mindless Killing severly damages the character & the plot. it proves to the viewers that Ronan is a wildcard, & with all the Atlantis Expedition Members practically being Wildcards (Sheppard: Doesn't Take orders, Takes Risk, McKay: Thinks his Knowledge can Save everything i.e Trinity, Teyla: Wraith Girl & Weir: Bad Decisions & on Drugs), it would just make Ronan another Sheep & prove that TPTB need to work on Character Depth & Improvement, which they said they'd be doing in S3 onwards, apparantly.

Edit: 365th Post! Woo-Hoo! 1 post per year on average, although I've only been here a little more than a month...

Comment

Is there some charity to contribute to that is working to rid the world of textspeak?

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
              Is there some charity to contribute to that is working to rid the world of textspeak?
              How about an ep where people are getting killed because they can't speak in full sentences and thus no one can understand what the frack they're trying to say? I'd laugh at that.

Comment

How about an ep where people are getting killed because they can't speak in full sentences and thus no one can understand what the frack they're trying to say? I'd laugh at that.
                "Frack"? What does that mean?... By the way, I find that many here on GW, despite English being a second language, are more proficient in it, than most primary English speakers. Perhaps spelling and grammar mistakes should be over looked....and the main concern should be content, rather than form.....but that's just my poor opinion.
                Last edited by Lida; 18 April 2006, 11:19 AM.
                On fighting:
                Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

I think they should be shooting Ronan more.

Comment

Can these people be fans? Because that would be totally awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                      "Frack"? What does that mean?... By the way, I find that many here on GW, despite English being a second language, are more proficient in it, than most primary English speakers. Perhaps spelling and grammar mistakes should be over looked....and the main concern should be content, rathern form.....but that's just my poor opinion.
                      "Frack" is the BattleStar Galactica version of f---.

And remember that GW is an international community. Alot of us may not know english as fluently as the north americans or the UK fans. You can't fault someone who is having difficulty understanding english or writing it. English is the most horrid language on this planet, and as such, it's very difficult to master.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith

And remember that GW is an international community. Alot of us may not know english as fluently as the north americans or the UK fans. You can't fault someone who is having difficulty understanding english or writing it. English is the most horrid language on this planet, and as such, it's very difficult to master.
                        Um, Techno, I know, I was teasing.....oh FRELL IT!

As for English being a very difficult language, I fully agree and have the utmost respect for those who master it as a second language.
                        On fighting:
                        Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                        Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

True, but when it's the people IN the US and the UK whom write so incoherently that it's impossibly hard to read(please, "accinet"? Even when I'm trying to misspell Ancient, I can't get that off)... that really makes you want to beat your head against the table.

I understand that it's hard to spell some advanced words, but when 80% of the text is misspelled, no punctuations, and the sentence structure is wrong to begin with... that person needs to take time to learn how to write. Especially if it's a 15 year old... they need to be hitting the books pretty damned hard and quit wasting time on the internet. QUIT GIVING ME GLAUCOMA!!!!

Anyway, sorry. Didn't mean to troll, but seriously... when english is the primary language in your country and you can't write english, you need to not be on the net. Man invented spellcheckers. If you want to post, type your damned post in MS Word, spellcheck it, and then cut and paste your post.

[ Gets off soapbox ]

Comment

People that write English as a second language more often than not write it better than someone whose english is their primary language. But I'd rather read something from someone who has english as their second language than someone who speaks in texttalk. But then I can forgive someone whose native language isn't english, I can't forgive someone who choses to write like this "I think carter shud b wit jack, wut u think?" Because the later just smacks of stupidity and laziness. Two things I just can't stand.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko
                              Can these people be fans? Because that would be totally awesome.

i no init i mean isant that the key to scuses kill all your enimies before they kill you lol

R.I.P Carson.

Comment

Working...
                              X