This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i say we get rid of...

anyone that wants to kill anyone from atlantis... except the wraith... i dont mind killing them
    "I'm still trying to understand, how you thought it was a good idea to test this device by having someone throw you off a balcony."
    "Oh, believe me that's not the first thing we tried."
    "I shot him. In the leg."
    "I'm invulnerable."
    "Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?"
    "In-vul-ner-able!"

Weir !!!!!!
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
      Weir !!!!!!
      OR NOT!!!!!!
      "I'm still trying to understand, how you thought it was a good idea to test this device by having someone throw you off a balcony."
      "Oh, believe me that's not the first thing we tried."
      "I shot him. In the leg."
      "I'm invulnerable."
      "Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?"
      "In-vul-ner-able!"

Comment

Spam!!!

Comment

Originally posted by XxDark-LordxX
          except the wraith... i dont mind killing them
          I shoukd probably wraith you for saying that.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
            Weir !!!!!!

Personally I think their almost ALL Wraithable...except for Teyla (of course until she does something, stupid)..and I would say Ronon, but he already set himself as a Wraith meal numero uno or dos.

VB
            Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by XxDark-LordxX
              anyone that wants to kill anyone from atlantis... except the wraith... i dont mind killing them

It's GOTTA be something in the water or air, or maybe overindulgence in Twinkies, that has fans screaming to KILL the SGA main characters. Weird....

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                It's GOTTA be something in the water or air, or maybe overindulgence in Twinkies, that has fans screaming to KILL the SGA main characters. Weird....
                Even though I get frustrated at the actions of some of these characters, I still have enough of a fondness for all of them to continue watching.

If people hate the characters enough to want them dead (knowing TPTB will do no such thing), then why even watch? *puzzled*

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                  Come on dude...it's just a bit of annoyance at how professionals with so many odd degrees and so much experience previously could make such illogical mistakes. It's a bit mind blowing.

I don't think it's out right hate...just really hard to understand. I like all the characters equally...and for that they're all pretty wraithable for this incidence.

But you know if the writers rescue this story and work out such an amazing S3 that it makes all other seasons look like crud and amatuerish, well then I'll forgive S2 and pretend that it was just a moment in time ala Dallas that can be forgotten. But right now, I'm having problems with the characters. And I guess it's pretty much easy to see that a few other people are having the same.

VB

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                    If people hate the characters enough to want them dead (knowing TPTB will do no such thing), then why even watch? *puzzled*
                    They need something to complain about.

Comment

kill this guy have a wraith suck on him for 10 mins, basically thats a troll post

nobody from Altantis should die, some things should be rearranged however, i.e more even screen time for the main characters and not having minor characters that seem like they have no purpose (i.e Major Lorne)

so i propose instead of this mindless "killing" thoughys it should be

1) spread the screen time of the main characters out (works for SG-1)
                      2) not having any minor characters that reall don't have any story, give a little more screen time a little more background so they have some sort of purpose (Major Lorne) and have them be more like (Dr. Beckett, i know hes a Minor/Major character, but even SG-1's minors have more of a role then SGA's minors)

Comment

Originally posted by Lightbane
                        kill this guy have a wraith suck on him for 10 mins, basically thats a troll post

nobody from Altantis should die, some things should be rearranged however, i.e more even screen time for the main characters and not having minor characters that seem like they have no purpose (i.e Major Lorne)

so i propose instead of this mindless "killing" thoughys it should be

1) spread the screen time of the main characters out (works for SG-1)
                        2) not having any minor characters that reall don't have any story, give a little more screen time a little more background so they have some sort of purpose (Major Lorne) and have them be more like (Dr. Beckett, i know hes a Minor/Major character, but even SG-1's minors have more of a role then SGA's minors)

I can see this, but I'm always debating Beckett...they seem to call him out for useless purposes. I dont' see in most of the cases why they call Beckett when they can call one of the other very efficient doctors who work under him, I'd be thinking he'd have more important things to do.

It just seems a bit contrived when they call him in. I understand giving everyone their time, but that's gonna be hard in a cast of let's say 6 or so not counting villains, they have to be willing to have people risk some screen time.

That means..
                        1. Take Shep, McKay, and Weir out of every ep. There have been eps I think all three could sit out of; Sometimes they just say 3 lines and then I'm like what's really your purpose.

2. Do more team on team exploration....What does that mean...if Lorne is important have him be in the meetings and briefings. I'd like to see serious game plan discussions....meaning I want to see all the leaders of each team together in meetings and see what they talk about. Have details about specialities brought up and things like that...

3. Since people talk about Lorne...I would love to see an ep with just Lorne's team. We know this is about the main characters, but you can have a few of the main characters with Lorne if need be. 3 or so...but that would be just great to see something like that.---I'm happy 'Sateda' is rumoured to have something like that.

I personally thought the show was about Stargate Atlantis...shows can be sucessful without having to have just one team shoved in the face. And spice it up a bit. It would definitely give rise to possible storylines and open it to maybe 2 parters and a few really good one-shot ep.

VB

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella
                          I can see this, but I'm always debating Beckett...they seem to call him out for useless purposes. I dont' see in most of the cases why they call Beckett when they can call one of the other very efficient doctors who work under him, I'd be thinking he'd have more important things to do.

It just seems a bit contrived when they call him in. I understand giving everyone their time, but that's gonna be hard in a cast of let's say 6 or so not counting villains, they have to be willing to have people risk some screen time.

That means..
                          1. Take Shep, McKay, and Weir out of every ep. There have been eps I think all three could sit out of; Sometimes they just say 3 lines and then I'm like what's really your purpose.

2. Do more team on team exploration....What does that mean...if Lorne is important have him be in the meetings and briefings. I'd like to see serious game plan discussions....meaning I want to see all the leaders of each team together in meetings and see what they talk about. Have details about specialities brought up and things like that...

3. Since people talk about Lorne...I would love to see an ep with just Lorne's team. We know this is about the main characters, but you can have a few of the main characters with Lorne if need be. 3 or so...but that would be just great to see something like that.---I'm happy 'Sateda' is rumoured to have something like that.

I personally thought the show was about Stargate Atlantis...shows can be sucessful without having to have just one team shoved in the face. And spice it up a bit. It would definitely give rise to possible storylines and open it to maybe 2 parters and a few really good one-shot ep.

VB
                          your totally right all those things work for SG-1 every season (i think) had episodes that contained minor characters and gave more of a background purpose, like Enemy Mine, when SG-11 were attacked by angry Unas O'Neil and Daniel went to the Unas planet to talk to them about the Naquahdah mining (Colonel Edwards team which had Lorne on it) and you see abit about them, they could do that more often on SGA where the episodes focus isn't just on the "main" characters

Sateda seems to have a plotline involving not just AR-1 but AR-2 as well (AR-1 Sheppards team AR-2 Lornes team)

Spoiler:
                          Sateda will be more focused on Ronon then the rest of the team while AR-2 is sent in to rescue them from the Wraith, seeing as they know Sateda's gate address because Ronon told them it

Comment

............mckay

Comment

Originally posted by Lightbane
                              your totally right all those things work for SG-1 every season (i think) had episodes that contained minor characters and gave more of a background purpose, like Enemy Mine, when SG-11 were attacked by angry Unas O'Neil and Daniel went to the Unas planet to talk to them about the Naquahdah mining (Colonel Edwards team which had Lorne on it) and you see abit about them, they could do that more often on SGA where the episodes focus isn't just on the "main" characters

Sateda seems to have a plotline involving not just AR-1 but AR-2 as well (AR-1 Sheppards team AR-2 Lornes team)

Spoiler:
                              Sateda will be more focused on Ronon then the rest of the team while AR-2 is sent in to rescue them from the Wraith, seeing as they know Sateda's gate address because Ronon told them it

Unfortunately I haven't seen SG1, only the eps with the old Weir. But I will say this, I agree about Sateda, I am really excited about it, I hope it's not too hyped, but so far it may be the ep of the season by the descriptions they give and it will be finally an ep that will show, hopefully, exactly what I've been talking about. Downplaying the leads enough to actually bring forth a credible storyline.

I'm going into S3 with my fingers crossed and hpefully no disappointments.

VB

Comment

Working...
                              X