X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MediaSharX: 2004 International Comic Con Awards

From MediaSharX:

http://www.mediasharx.com/index.php/news/2843

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

News Articles

Circling Sharx:
    Battling It Out - MediasharX's 2004 International Comic Con Awards
    by Cindy White and Eric Valentine

MediasharX is back after another grueling, wonderful year at San Diego Comic Con International. So what goodies have we brought for you? Patience, my children, stay tuned and all will be revealed. For now, however, Cindy White saved my bacon by presenting a brilliant alternative to churning out a half-assed column. An awards list, complete with the snark you've come to know and love (or not) here at MSX. So without further ado...

MEDIASHARX 2004 SAN DIEGO COMIC CON INTERNATIONAL AWARDS

**major snippage brought to you by your local neighborhood mohel.**

Best Promotional Tie-In

HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY towel -- The late lamented Douglas Adams would have even elicited a giddy chuckle upon seeing the title of his most famous work emblazoned in big red letters on a modestly sized thin white towel. The Disney copyright notwithstanding, of course.

**more snippage**

Coolest Super-Secret Advanced Screening

SKY CAPTAIN AND THE WORLD OF TOMORROW -- Over budget and past deadline, SKY CAPTAIN has been long plagued by setbacks. All of that may soon be worth the wait.

**and more snippage**

Funniest Celebrity In Attendance (tie)

Christopher Judge (Teal'c from STARGATE SG-1) -- Between his hair-felt exclamations of excitement and joking about co-star Michael Shanks' hangover, the only thing that left the STARGATE panel less than exciting was the sudden bow-out of Amanda Tapping due to a family emergency. It's still weird to see Teal'c as excitable, but Judge made the panel an experience to be remembered.

Brad Bird (director of THE INCREDIBLES) -- Brad Bird could make a movie about talking bird droppings and sell the audience on it. Energetic and brilliant, I can't wait for THE INCREDIBLES.

**snippity doo-dah**

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

MS had a hangover!? That would be awesome to see on video. lol.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

I just don't see Shanks as a partier.
      Note my small and unobtrusive signature.
      You can bet I'm not compensating for anything.

Comment

Working...
      X