This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kolya/Ladon Plotline

Does anyone think it would be a good idea to have Kolya return now that Ladon is controlling the Genii? There could be some serious conflict if Kolya isn't actually dead and he returns to find one of his minions ruling his home.

I'm thinking Civil War...
    scifiultraists.0catch.com
    Science Fiction news, reviews, and more

Check spoilers

Comment

Buddy, I'm not a spoiler person, but just by hinting at that you made my day.

Comment

I think it would be best if Koyla were to become an outcast of Genii society. This would give him an even better reason to despise Sheppard and Atlantis in general (like he needs more reasons), and it would also free him from any constraints put on him by the higher-ups. That would allow him to become even more ruthless and vicious, making him an even better villian in the show.
        sigpic
        http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes
          I think it would be best if Koyla were to become an outcast of Genii society. This would give him an even better reason to despise Sheppard and Atlantis in general (like he needs more reasons), and it would also free him from any constraints put on him by the higher-ups. That would allow him to become even more ruthless and vicious, making him an even better villian in the show.

Cory if ONLY I could give you another green..this was excellent and I completely agree with you. I realise that S2 was about the Wraith; but I'm one of the people who felt that S2 could have been dabbled in Wraith, but should have left on S3. S2 to make it richer could have ended with an ep like Coup...but made it more dynamic.

I agree I would love to see Kolya return and cause some massive trouble and the idea you set forth is amazing and I'd like to see it happen..but I would also like to see as an added bonus Sora.

I'm sure she still has a bone to pic with not only Teyla but Atlantis..and let's not forget that she was wicked as a military leader. I would love to see her again, just started out as an enemy that becomes a reluctant ally; even better than 'Michael' so early on. Again Michael could have been left as a teaser later in the show's history. But grow with Sora.

Sora and Kolya back at it again....that would just be fun and something they could play with for the long while, while bringing in other villains from like Sateda and what not---like I'm waiting for that General's family to do something to Ronon---there has to be someone out there looking for revenge.

Great idea Cory and yeah Geniiprior1, I'd like to see more of the Genii... I'm all about the natural villains myself, nothing against the Wraith. But I prefer the Genii...okay I just like Kolya and Sora a lot!

VB
          Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Wasn't Ladon loyal to Kolya? Wouldn't it be more likely that he'd share control of the Genii with him rather than make him an outcast?

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
              Wasn't Ladon loyal to Kolya? Wouldn't it be more likely that he'd share control of the Genii with him rather than make him an outcast?
              I mean that could be debated I think. Laden had his own agenda to being loyal to Kolya, if I remember correctly.

And not only that since taking on leadership they sort of have an alliance, Laden and the Atlantis crew since they saved his sister's life. I mean that's a price that can rarely be repayed, unless you count the fact that he did save the lives of Lorne and his team and John with his. So far I thought there was an uneasy alliance.

That could put both Kolya and Laden at odds, and I don't know how close and loyal Kolya was to the original general. But it would be interesting to see them work that out...

VB

Comment

It's true that Ladon was loyal to Kolya militarily, at least during the seizing of the city in the Storm/Eye, but I doubt that he would share power with Kolya if Kolya turned out to be alive. Ladon's main reason for staging a coup in "Coup D'etat" was because he thought that Cowen wasn't being a fair leader of the Genii people, and considering how ruthless Kolya is, I doubt Ladon would give him that kind of power. The outcast plot could be very interesting, but I'm not so sure Sora needs to be brought back. She was a good character in her 3-episode run, but it's unclear to me what kind of purpose she could serve in further Genii stories. For now I suggest the writers stick with Kolya/Ladon and maybe work on introducing a few new Genii characters.

Comment

Originally posted by GeniiPrior111
                  For now I suggest the writers stick with Kolya/Ladon and maybe work on introducing a few new Genii characters.
                  Now that would be an interesting scuffle: Koyla vs Atlantis vs Genii. Koyla is ruthless, vicious, and just plain mean. Atlantis crew means well, but have learned that the Genii just can't be trusted. The Genii are paranoid, devious, and nasty.
                  sigpic
                  http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Originally posted by GeniiPrior111
                    It's true that Ladon was loyal to Kolya militarily, at least during the seizing of the city in the Storm/Eye, but I doubt that he would share power with Kolya if Kolya turned out to be alive. Ladon's main reason for staging a coup in "Coup D'etat" was because he thought that Cowen wasn't being a fair leader of the Genii people, and considering how ruthless Kolya is, I doubt Ladon would give him that kind of power. The outcast plot could be very interesting, but I'm not so sure Sora needs to be brought back. She was a good character in her 3-episode run, but it's unclear to me what kind of purpose she could serve in further Genii stories. For now I suggest the writers stick with Kolya/Ladon and maybe work on introducing a few new Genii characters.
                    Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!! Say it ain't so...they have to do something for her. We need some bloody female villains besides the Wraith..there's too many men. Maybe they could work something out with Sora.

VB

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella
                      they have to do something for her. We need some bloody female villains besides the Wraith..there's too many men. Maybe they could work something out with Sora.

VB
                      Anything's possible, I suppose. Where do you suggest they take her character?

Comment

Working...
                      X