This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoilers on Front Page

Hi! I'm a new member and a huge fan of all things Stargate! Something's been bugging me lately and I was wondering if anyone felt the same- I know Gateworld is notorious for juicy spoilers, but they're usually very careful to warn you of them before you see them in case you don't want them. I am personally against them and so I'm frustrated that some of the latest headlines have been 'Ori Force SG-1 to Start From Scratch' and 'Adria is the Ori Cheating'. Anyone feel the same? What can we do about it?
    scifiultraists.0catch.com
    Science Fiction news, reviews, and more

Originally posted by GeniiPrior111
    Hi! I'm a new member and a huge fan of all things Stargate! Something's been bugging me lately and I was wondering if anyone felt the same- I know Gateworld is notorious for juicy spoilers, but they're usually very careful to warn you of them before you see them in case you don't want them. I am personally against them and so I'm frustrated that some of the latest headlines have been 'Ori Force SG-1 to Start From Scratch' and 'Adria is the Ori Cheating'. Anyone feel the same? What can we do about it?
    i'm proabaly going to get my head biting off again by a certain someone for saying the below text

it's gone now but i also had a probelm with this title
    even thought it's a little title it says so much about season 10

'Ori Force SG-1 to Start From Scratch'

but now there moved it to the robert cooper interview
    Last edited by Pharaoh Atem; 16 April 2006, 02:39 PM.
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Its Darrens site, his rules. The forums hve rules for spoilers, but the website is for info and spoilers, so not much you can do about it unfortunately, besides avoiding the site and coming straight here via forum.gateworld.net, you wont miss any news as it is all posted here anyway.
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

As I've said before, every word and sentence is a judgment call as to how big of a spoiler it is. Some people considered "Shanks leaving Stargate SG-1" a spoiler four years ago, but it's not like we can't report it.

I determined these two to be vague enough and mild enough in the spoiler department to run them. I think "Ori force SG-1 to start from scratch" isn't much more spoilery than "Ori are powerful bad guys."

When we do out-and-out spoilers, you'll always see warnings waving you off ahead of time.
        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Thanks
          scifiultraists.0catch.com
          Science Fiction news, reviews, and more

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
            As I've said before, every word and sentence is a judgment call as to how big of a spoiler it is. Some people considered "Shanks leaving Stargate SG-1" a spoiler four years ago, but it's not like we can't report it.
            It could of been more subtle though, I dunno "Massive Season 5 spoilers" "Shanks Big news (spoilers)"
            Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Working...
            X