This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancients and Ori

I find it intresting the 2 groups....I think both Cultures are a threat to our galaxy...the Ancients with there indiffernce and having the habit of leaving powerful weapons and devices lying around. and the Ori's religious conquest.

We have no real idea who is the big bad guy really....we have seen a few good ancients who care about our galaxy...So it's possible there are Good Ori.

In War we paint the enemy deserving of destruction....for example a Anti-Ori weapon. think about it a total elimination of a species. and if the Ori and ancient evolved from the same race...Then they may have a problem with us low mortals having a weapon that could possible destroy them.

If has been Said the Ancients have no intrest in our Plane of reality...but if we get the Anti-Ori weapon they just might become intrested and that could be a problem

If we are willing to totally wipe out a race...then i think we should not be considered the possible 5th race...the Asgard..Nox. for example would never do such things.

Desperate times calls for desperate measures.
    The ancients shielded this galaxy from the Ori, so they are well aware of the fact that they wont stop for anything.

I dont think there is another option?

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made on to dust
    .:Humanity's Children Are Returning Home:.

Comment

Ends never jusify the means.

the Rogue members of the NID belived that the ends jusifed the means..and stole from the tollen..asgard and other cultures...they almost broke off diplomatic communications over it. even with the replicators the asgard where not blowing up worlds to stop them....they sacrified there home world(creating a blackhole)...rather then another world. if we wanna stop the Ori and don't care about the method then let's just allie ourselves with the Gould

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Insanity
        I find it intresting the 2 groups....I think both Cultures are a threat to our galaxy...the Ancients with there indiffernce and having the habit of leaving powerful weapons and devices lying around. and the Ori's religious conquest.
        And they have one thing in common: They could care less about what happens to the lower beings...this actually reminds me of a show called Babylon 5 where there were two races equally manipulative and also left powerful weapons lying around....

If has been Said the Ancients have no intrest in our Plane of reality...but if we get the Anti-Ori weapon they just might become intrested and that could be a problem
        They'd snap their fingers like Q does and the weapon is gone.

If we are willing to totally wipe out a race...then i think we should not be considered the possible 5th race...the Asgard..Nox. for example would never do such things.
        No...the Asgard didn't want to wipe a race of cybernetic lifeforms and who knows what the Nox did in their earlier days...
        Signed,

Gregorius
        Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
        Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Merlin device = NON killing device

Merlin Device = Power blocker...I see it as they'd still exist, but they couldnt interact - so your not so much, destroying them - just their way of life as well as the people there who would no longer benefit from any bonus's they recieve from the Ori
          Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz
            Merlin device = NON killing device

Merlin Device = Power blocker...I see it as they'd still exist, but they couldnt interact - so your not so much, destroying them - just their way of life as well as the people there who would no longer benefit from any bonus's they recieve from the Ori
            That was not said though. Kvasir and Carter said that the energy works like a ZPM but channels the energy into the ascended realm which creates an equal amount of energy that 'cancels' out the ascended being. Now does cancel mean power blocker or mean death? You could say its like two equal waves from opposite sides and they smash into eachother. Are they suppressed or gone? Nothing was expanded upon in the finale beyond that.

And yes the good old Vorlons and Shadows.....that was nasty as well though difference in SG-1 is that there is only one of them rampaging rather then two 'giants in a playground'

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Insanity
              Ends never jusify the means.

the Rogue members of the NID belived that the ends jusifed the means..and stole from the tollen..asgard and other cultures...they almost broke off diplomatic communications over it. even with the replicators the asgard where not blowing up worlds to stop them....they sacrified there home world(creating a blackhole)...rather then another world. if we wanna stop the Ori and don't care about the method then let's just allie ourselves with the Gould

yeah their homeworld halla in othalla galaxy .

imo it just returns ascended beings to human (original) form.

Comment

remember when oma i think it was well the one that helped daniel to ascend said she couldnt destoy anubius but tuned it to light and attacked him and so there is continueus power stuggling between her and anubius with no-one being able to win well i think merlin's weapon will do something like that and not actually destoy them plus the wouldnt be wiping out a species as they are the same species as any other ascended being pure energy
                War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.

Comment

Ever wonder if the galaxy the Ori are currently occupying, was originally governed by the Ancients, sort of like the Milky Way is now. I am wondering if this is just what they do, think about it, they both spend all of this time watching, observing, but neither of them actually interfering. I mean the Ori have their Priors, Doci, the Ancients have Orlin, Oma, but neither as a collective are actually doing much in the way of interference. Oh yeah, in Babylon 5, didn't the Vorlons start destroying entire planets, of the followers of the Shadows, why not the Ancients. If they were willing to destroy one race, why not all the followers of the Ori, as a collective there may come a time, when they are willing to make that decision.

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
                    Ever wonder if the galaxy the Ori are currently occupying, was originally governed by the Ancients, sort of like the Milky Way is now. I am wondering if this is just what they do, think about it, they both spend all of this time watching, observing, but neither of them actually interfering. I mean the Ori have their Priors, Doci, the Ancients have Orlin, Oma, but neither as a collective are actually doing much in the way of interference.
                    The Ori and the Ancients (Alterans) are from the same race and they both occupied the galaxy where the Ori are. The Ori managed to scare off the Alterans from that galaxy.

You are wrong about the Ori not interfering. They are giving their followers Ancient knowledge directly and making them into advanced humans (Doci and Priors). However the Ancients in the MW do not interfere directly. They close one eye to suce 'rouge' ascendents as Orlin and Oma on occasion but when they cross the line like Oma did with Anubis, like Orlin did with the huge weapon and Chaya on her planet, they were punished accordingly.

Comment

Here's a GOOD QUESTION! Has anyone stopped to think if the Ori and Alterans were totally of the same race? I mean, we know millions of years ago they lived in the same galaxy, and they lived side by side, but that's all relative when it comes to the stargate universe. I don't remember anything being said about them acutally evoloving all together and living on the same planet, we don't even know if the Ori are originally from the planet that Daniel and Vala visited.

It could be possible that when the Ancients and Ori lived together, or that is lived in the same galaxy, many, many, many moons ago they might haved lived on totally separate planets. Once upon a time when the two races were peaceful with one another they shared technology, resources, and other kinds of knowledge.... making it possible for them to invent and build the Stargates. But, because of the difference in philosophies they broke off bonds and ties, the rift was created and the War between the greatest and oldest races began.

Just a thought????

Comment

Lost Charmed One, you could be right. Transcipt from Fourth Horsemen pt 1

ORLIN: Believe me you don't know everything. Along time ago the Ori and the Alterrans were one society…human on an evolutionary path to ascension…but a philosophical division grew…

A human society could be made up of different cultures and different human races. The only thing we really know for certain is that they were human, both of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy_Gate
                          Lost Charmed One, you could be right. Transcipt from Fourth Horsemen pt 1

ORLIN: Believe me you don't know everything. Along time ago the Ori and the Alterrans were one society…human on an evolutionary path to ascension…but a philosophical division grew…

A human society could be made up of different cultures and different human races. The only thing we really know for certain is that they were human, both of them.
                          And from what Orlin stated, the level in of Ascension in which the Ancients and Ori are at is just the first level. He said something in the terms that in the way in which the Ori are exisiting doesn't do anything to help further Ascension. In fact I can even recall Oma say something about how Ascension is just the beginning of the road to the Great Path.

Could is be possible that there might be higher Ascended Beings other than the Ancients and Ori? Perhaps some of the Anicents have ascended even further? But even if they did I'm sure they won't left a pinky to help the Lower Ascended Ancients.

Comment

I think we should hear about the Great Alliance against the Ori, the realitonship between the atlantean and Merlin, the atlantean and the Goa'uld, the atlantean and the Tauri people. I hope that the writers will correct the SG timeline and the Goa'uld will play a bigger part in the Ancient's history. When they came back from Atlantis, is it happened before Ra or after Ra occupation on Earth (Avalon)? Were there already Goa'uld Systemlords or they created them to watch the solar systems as governors? The Ori created the virus what killed almost everybody in Milky way million years ago?
                            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Charmed One
                              Here's a GOOD QUESTION! Has anyone stopped to think if the Ori and Alterans were totally of the same race? I mean, we know millions of years ago they lived in the same galaxy, and they lived side by side, but that's all relative when it comes to the stargate universe. I don't remember anything being said about them acutally evoloving all together and living on the same planet, we don't even know if the Ori are originally from the planet that Daniel and Vala visited.

It could be possible that when the Ancients and Ori lived together, or that is lived in the same galaxy, many, many, many moons ago they might haved lived on totally separate planets. Once upon a time when the two races were peaceful with one another they shared technology, resources, and other kinds of knowledge.... making it possible for them to invent and build the Stargates. But, because of the difference in philosophies they broke off bonds and ties, the rift was created and the War between the greatest and oldest races began.

Just a thought????
                              Actually, I have thought this. But, I really just want to hear the Ori side of the story, I know that many want believe them, because they are Ori, but I'm willing to give them a chance.

Comment

Working...
                              X