This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The Christmas Invasion" and SCI FI

I'm not posting this in "The Christmas Invasion" thread 'cause I don't want spoilers (and it really has nothing to do with the episode), but my question is, while GateWorld lists it as part of season/series 1/27, is it really and does SCI FI have the right to air it along with the current batch of episodes or what?
    Rocky

Gateworld has it registered as S27, but its classification is 28x0 so its S28, and unless I am mistaken, Sci-fi only brought the rights to S27, then again i can't see them not getting the rights to show S28 and S29 as both are going to happen and it pulls in the ratings.
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Well the official site at the BBC doesn't seem to list them by ep numbers, any idea where they are listed with their airing numbers? The BBC go with year not ep run.

Anyway on GW, well Darren only went on the info as far as I know, that "we" gave him when the episode threads were started. I think most people believe TCI to be part of Series 28 (2), I think if Chris had of stayed it would still have been part of Series 28 (2) but it is more important now to be part of series 28 (2) as it introduces David and makes an important reference that will no doubt be made through out the rest of Series 28 (2).

Either way I will be rightly peeved if here in Australia they choose not to show it because they see it as a stand alone episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Pasternak
        I'm not posting this in "The Christmas Invasion" thread 'cause I don't want spoilers (and it really has nothing to do with the episode), but my question is, while GateWorld lists it as part of season/series 1/27, is it really and does SCI FI have the right to air it along with the current batch of episodes or what?
        I don't know if they are going to air it, but I read that it was the tipping point for the US to get the new series. So somebody on either side had to compromise in their demands, which side of the talks it went we will find out soon. I hope that the SF Channel does air it, because I read the summary of it, and it will make a great season finale here in the States.
        "Nothing stays lost forever." The Triangle tag line. Now on DVD, own it forever.

Rose: "She slapped you!"
        The Doctor: "900 years of time and space, and i've never been slapped by someone's mother."
        Rose: "Your face!"
        The Doctor:"it hurt!!"
        The 9th Doctor/Rose from Aliens of London.

Comment

^its not a season finale, "The Parting Of The Ways" is. TCI really has very little to S27 besdes... well you'll have to wait and see.
          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
          - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I still hope they show it, ratings seem good, so they might. I hope they don't make it into a two-parter......
            Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

The BBC paperwork (scripts etc.) call it "Series Two: Episode X", so it would be 2800 in Gateworld parlance and it hasn't already been bought by Sci-Fi.

I would expect that they will though.

Comment

Working...
              X