• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INTERVIEW: Michael Welch (Young Jack)

AUDIO INTERVIEW:
    JACKED IN
    GateWorld talks with Michael Welch

From a young Jack O'Neill to Luke Girardi in Joan of Arcadia, actor Michael Welch talks with GateWorld about his role in "Fragile Balance," his hit TV series, and his hopes for the future.

READ MORE ...

Before everyone starts gabbing I just wanted to say that this one was requested by you guys! We would've gotton to him eventually, but your voting made him possible a lot sooner.

Enjoy!

Comment

And I want to be the first one to say Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!

This guy sounds a lot older than 16. When I first started listening to it i thought - oh yeah, he'd be 19 -20ish and I didn't feel so bad about the burgeoning crush.
      and then Oh-my-goodness!! He's 16. Boy was my face red

and LMAO at the emphasising of the Acne. But then, that's Peter Deluise for you right?

Comment

Good interview. He sounds like a nice kid. Love him on Joan of Arcadia. Interesting about his not realizing that Jack/RDA is the "Michael Jordon of scifi", but I'm glad that worked to his advantage- and ours.

Comment

Very cool interview!

And I agree - he sounds very mature for a 16 year old! He's very good at the whole interview process, so I guess he's had a bit of practice.

I'm hoping they bring him back for an ep this Season, or (dare I say it hehe) Season 9!

Comment

David...What a FUN interview!!! I have twin 17 years olds and I was just *charmed* by Micheal. I don't watch Joan of Arcadia, but I will make a point to tune in now. Wonderful interview! I like that he felt he *was* giving *his* performance even though it was a mimic of another character. I look forward to his future

Tame
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Yay! That was great. He sounds so mature and articulate for a 16 year old. I really hope that it works out that he can come back for an episode.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Thanks for another sparkling interview,David !

I'd voted for Michael in the Poll,as I was fascinated by his performance in "F.B",and wanted to know more about him,and how he found the experience of being "Clone-Jack".(Pity I pressed the vote button ,before I realised I could vote for others too...but mea culpa ! )

I'll watch his career with interest.I think he has the potential for greatness,and he comes across as a thoroughly caring and considerate person,who already knows not to take anything for granted.
                I'd love to see him back in SG-1,so here's hoping !

I expect anyone here, who wants to contact other Michael Welch fans,or look up his Biog. will already have this link,but I'll Post it anyway.ImDb are a good source too,IMO.

http://www.michaelwelchfanclub.com/

If anyone knows if/when Joan Of Arcadia may be shown on Sky network, or other Channels in the U.K.,could they let me know,please ?
                (I've checked the link posted at the end of the interview page,but that only gives the CBS schedule.)
                Last edited by Bagpuss; 29 July 2004, 05:52 AM. Reason: checked link info.
                The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Wow, I just loved this interview. He seems to be a mix of show-business veteran and normal 16-year old. Very thoughtful and articulate. I loved him as young Jack and he's fantastic in "Joan of Arcadia". Hope we get to see him on Stargate again, that would be great!

Thanks so much for this interview, David. One of the best so far.
                  Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Thank you David. Quite impressive. I work with hundreds of kids each year of his age and I would be overjoyed if they were as articulate ("cool" notwithstanding) and self-possessed as Michael appears to be.
                    sigpic

Comment

And in no way self-centered like a lot of teenage idols floating around.

Comment

Good interview. I enjoyed listening to it
                        __

__

Comment

Loved the interview, David. Good stuff. Nice and long, too.
                          Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Was anyone surprised with anything he had to say?

Comment

I'm a little surprised that TPTB were so keen on having him understand the Asgard and where they were coming from. It's important, I guess, but I wouldn't have considered it much of a priority.

I always find it kind of interesting when actors say they'd never heard of or never watched Stargate until they were on the show themselves. Any idea if he's become a fan since playing Young Jack or is he too busy with everything else?

I am completely shocked- shocked, I say!- that he thinks Chris Judge is a trouble-maker. hehe

Comment

Working...
                              X