PDA

View Full Version : I have a question

Pharaoh Atem
April 15th, 2006, 06:59 AM
ok first off i live in america so we are just now discovery doctor who but the thing that confuses me is what do you mea by 9th doctor 10 doctor

do there change the main chacter every season? or something like that :confused:

The Signal
April 15th, 2006, 07:13 AM
The Doctor is a Time Lord, an alien from the planet Gallifrey. The timelords developed a technology that allows them to "Regenerate" this kicks in when a Time Lord is severely injured. If the Time Lords life is about to end this regenration kicks in, his/her body heals itself to perfect health, but at a cost, his/her form changes completely. The concept was created in the 60's when the First Doctor William Hartnell wanted to leave the show (he was getting older and his health was starting to decline) rather than stopping the show, or replacing the character without explanation, the regenration was introduced.

The Doctors, time served and cause of regeneration are as follows:

William Hartnell (1st Doctor) - Died of Old Age - 4 seasons (1963-1966)
Patrick Troughton (2nd Doctor) - Forced to Regenerate by other Time Lords - 3 seasons (1966-1969)
John Pertwee (3rd Doctor) Radiation Poisoning - 5 Seasons (1970-1974)
Tom Baker (4th Doctor) Fell from a great height - 7 seasons (1774-1981)
Peter Davidson (5th Doctor) Poisoning - 3 seasons (1981-1984)
Colin Baker (6th Doctor) Undetermined Injuries - 3 seasons (1984-1986)
Sylvester McCoy (7th Doctor) Shot, died on operating table - 3 seasons + 1 tv movie(1987-1989, 1996)
Paul McGann (8th Doctor) Yet to be revealed - 1 TV Movie (1996)
Christopher Eccleston (9th Doctor)Cellular degeneration after absorbing the time vortex. - 1 season (2005)
David Tennant (10th Doctor) Currently active Doctor - At least 2 seasons (2006-?)
A Time Lord has 12 regenerations, meaning there may be 13 Doctors in all. It is however possible for a Time Lord to be granted more regenerations. But with Gallifrey lost in the Time War, this is unlikely to happen.

Ra's mom
April 15th, 2006, 06:29 PM
The Doctor is a Time Lord, an alien from the planet Gallifrey. The timelords developed a technology that allows them to "Regenerate" this kicks in when a Time Lord is severely injured. If the Time Lords life is about to end this regenration kicks in, his/her body heals itself to perfect health, but at a cost, his/her form changes completely. The concept was created in the 60's when the First Doctor William Hartnell wanted to leave the show (he was getting older and his health was starting to decline) rather than stopping the show, or replacing the character without explanation, the regenration was introduced.

Patrick Troughton (2nd Doctor) - Forced to Regenerate by other Time Lords - 3 seasons (1966-1969)
Sylvester McCoy (7th Doctor) Shot, died on operating table - 3 seasons + 1 tv movie(1987-1989, 1996)
Christopher Eccleston (9th Doctor)Cellular degeneration after absorbing the time vortex. - 1 season (2005)
David Tennant (10th Doctor) Currently active Doctor - At least 2 seasons (2006-?)
A Time Lord has 12 regenerations, meaning there may be 13 Doctors in all. It is however possible for a Time Lord to be granted more regenerations. But with Gallifrey lost in the Time War, this is unlikely to happen.
OK I GET IT NOW OK THEN, :jack: IM HAPPY, I LIKE DOCTOR WHO HE ROCKS

sg1niner
April 15th, 2006, 10:37 PM

Just wondering..
was there any reason why they got rid of Christopher Eccleston after only one season? I havent seen
David Tennant in doctor who yet, as this is my first time watching the show. But I've growen to like Christopher...Im sad to hear hes only there for one season. Hows the 10th doctor?

Reefgirl
April 16th, 2006, 12:36 AM
Just wondering..
was there any reason why they got rid of Christopher Eccleston after only one season? I havent seen
David Tennant in doctor who yet, as this is my first time watching the show. But I've growen to like Christopher...Im sad to hear hes only there for one season. Hows the 10th doctor?
My thoughts
I think he wanted to persue other area's of his career, at the time the news broke he was being touted to play Silas in Da Vinci Code. I'm pretty sure he was only on board for one season (Don't quote me on that) because when it was announced he was leaving David Tennant's name was associated with the part really quickly, like about 3 hours after the news broke. It seemed to me that they'd had plenty of time to find a replacement before announcing that CE was leaving which was unusual because months usually went by before they announced who was the new Dr Who in the past

The Signal
April 16th, 2006, 03:01 AM
First of all, David is this *puts fingers REALLY close together* close to taking my number 1 Doctor spot, already occupied by Chris. the reason for Chris' leaving is a bit murky, they said at first that it was because he didnt want to be typecast, which he has since denied. It is worth pointing out that the original ending to The Parting Of The Ways had Rose dying, and the Doctor absolutely fine, and although Chris had said he wouldnt come back, there was the small chance that he would, when they announced his leaving before they were supposed to he vowed not to return, he came back, filmed the regeneration with David and left. As for David being picked quickly it was because Russel had worked with him in the past (Cassanova) and wanted no one else for the role, Chris was the only one he wanted in S1, when he went, he wanted David (We might have had David as the Ninth Doctor had he not been working on other projects) David is a long time Doctor Who fan and so I doubt he thought about it for more than two secnds before agreeing to a two year contract, with the opportunity to return for longer

Willow'sCat
April 16th, 2006, 04:55 AM
First of all, David is this *puts fingers REALLY close together* close to taking my number 1 Doctor spot, already occupied by Chris.Agree with that but insert Peter instead of Chris. :D I think Chris chose to leave in the end, I said before that if he really wanted to stay I am sure the BBC and Russell could have gotten over the whole stuff up that happened on the announcement. I do genuinely believe Chris thought he would be typecast in the role and maybe there is more than a grain of truth to that reasoning.

The Signal
April 16th, 2006, 05:05 AM
Agree with that but insert Peter instead of Chris. :D
Peter Davidson fan? He was good, probably the most human of the Docotors, I place him at a very respectable 3rd

Out of interest, lets see which Doctors people liked most. My order

1: Chris Eccleston
2: Tom Baker
3: Peter Davidson
4: John Pertwee
5: Sylvester McCoy
6: Patrick Troughton
7: William Hartnell
8: Paul McGann
9: Colin Baker

Im not placing David until the 5th episode of the new series, the one with a certain robot race, I think we will see his best at that point. Im guessing he will be in 1st 2nd or 3rd, cant see him in any lower position

The Prophet
April 16th, 2006, 05:07 AM
When you say he can't get more regeneraions becasue Galifrey is lost, Can't the Doctor just Travel back in the TARDIS before it was lost, then "request" more regenerations? Or when you say "Lost" you mean "unable toever get there, ever." kind of thing? I'm confused.

The Signal
April 16th, 2006, 05:17 AM
Well the circumstances are a little murky (I keep saying that these days :P) with Galliefreys destruction, if it was just destroyed, then there would be no problem, but I think Im right in saying that if it was destroyed in the time war, it was literally destroyed from time, meaning it cant go back. There are other issues though, for instancethe Doctor was not liked by the Time Lords, put on trial for breaking the laws of time on more than one occasion (it was such a trial that led to his exile on Earth and forced regeneration) I doubt that he would be popular if he went back to Gallifrey. Another problem is the Tardis itself. There are certain failsafes to stop the Doctor or any Tardis user going back to a certain time on Gallifrey, or interacting with themselves in another point in time, this would cause a paradox (see "Father's Day for what happens with that) and therefore is banned by the Time Lords, if he did this they would turn him away, without granting him his new regenerations, possibly even forcing him to regenerate again.
The final problem is that the granting of newer Regenerations is a Gallifreyan taboo, and is a rarety (though this is believed to be the Doctors 3rd set of Regenerations, he has lived 3 indevidual lives on Gallifrey, though this is not 100% canon as it is in the novels), unless they gave him them as a reward for his service in the Time War.

Pharaoh Atem
April 16th, 2006, 05:20 AM
my brian hurts :confused: lol glad we have someone who understands this show and thanks for your answer above

Reefgirl
April 16th, 2006, 06:27 AM
I agree about him being granted more regenerations by the High Council for services rendered

my understanding is that the Doctor destroyed Galifrey on the orders of the high council, as he is the last of the time lords they POSSIBLY granted him extra regenerations to sort out any after effects of the time war, as seen in S27

Mr Prophet
April 16th, 2006, 06:35 AM
When you say he can't get more regeneraions becasue Galifrey is lost, Can't the Doctor just Travel back in the TARDIS before it was lost, then "request" more regenerations? Or when you say "Lost" you mean "unable toever get there, ever." kind of thing? I'm confused.

He can't go back across his own timeline, otherwise he could have just stopped the Time Lords being wiped out in the first place (c.f. Father's Day and The Parting of the Ways, just in season 27).

Also, travel into Gallifreyan history was expressly forbidden, so any renegade time lord popping in from the future to ask for something that is almost never granted to anyone is unlikely to receive anything for his pains except a staser bolt to the features.

The Signal
April 16th, 2006, 06:41 AM
I agree about him being granted more regenerations by the High Council for services rendered

my understanding is that the Doctor destroyed Galifrey on the orders of the high council, as he is the last of the time lords they POSSIBLY granted him extra regenerations to sort out any after effects of the time war, as seen in S27
Well we know he caused it, and unless it was a last ditch effort I cant see him doing it without being told to, so that makes sence. I think that whatever he did is what caused the Regeneration from 8-9, but then I suppose it could have happened a long time before then.

creed462
April 16th, 2006, 10:47 AM
He might find another way to get more generations, after all he is more then a time lord.

Reefgirl
April 16th, 2006, 11:53 AM
Well we know he caused it, and unless it was a last ditch effort I cant see him doing it without being told to, so that makes sence. I think that whatever he did is what caused the Regeneration from 8-9, but then I suppose it could have happened a long time before then.

I think the 8 to 9 regeneration happened not long before 'Rose'

The Signal
April 16th, 2006, 12:02 PM
Well we can assume that he had a few weeks at least, mainly because he was present at JFKs assasination, and the sinking of the Titanic. His clothing in the picture with the family he saved from the Titanic are similar to the 8th Doctors, we also know that he was on the Titanic when it went down and was clinging to an ice berg, it is possible that he regenerated due to that event, and then went back to save a family (perhaps he had grown close to them, and seeing as everyone he knew before was dead he would want to to keep them safe), I think I am right in saying that as long as he didnt cross his own timeline there would be no paradox. That may be the cause for his 8-9 regeneration. Even if it wasnt, it wouldnt be unreasonable to suggest that he had regenerated not long before that picture.

Reefgirl
April 16th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Well we can assume that he had a few weeks at least, mainly because he was present at JFKs assasination, and the sinking of the Titanic. His clothing in the picture with the family he saved from the Titanic are similar to the 8th Doctors, we also know that he was on the Titanic when it went down and was clinging to an ice berg, it is possible that he regenerated due to that event, and then went back to save a family (perhaps he had grown close to them, and seeing as everyone he knew before was dead he would want to to keep them safe), I think I am right in saying that as long as he didnt cross his own timeline there would be no paradox. That may be the cause for his 8-9 regeneration. Even if it wasnt, it wouldnt be unreasonable to suggest that he had regenerated not long before that picture.
Unless he was dressed in the clothes of the time, but there again he didn't bother for The Unquiet Dead, He was definatly wearing the leather jacket in the JFK pic. But you're right the clothes for the Titanic pic looked a lot like the 8th Doc

The Signal
April 16th, 2006, 01:49 PM
Yup, the 9th Doctor never once dressed for the occasion, and from what I remember it was pretty rare for that to happen in the old series, if he ever did it at all.

creed462
April 16th, 2006, 01:53 PM
He ussally were something that could blend anywhere, and still look out of place

Willow'sCat
April 16th, 2006, 07:47 PM
Yup, the 9th Doctor never once dressed for the occasion, and from what I remember it was pretty rare for that to happen in the old series, if he ever did it at all.Most of the companions did change their attire but no The Doctor with maybe couple of exceptions always wore his "costume" no matter what the whether or occasion. Tom did wear a deerstalkers hat once. And Patrick did for go the coat a few times I think.

creed462
April 17th, 2006, 03:35 PM
William Hartnel had to change from a coat to a clock in The Salarians(sp)

Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
April 17th, 2006, 04:25 PM
William Hartnel had to change from a coat to a clock in The Salarians(sp)My universal translator is on the fritz.

Do you mean "William Hartnell had to change from a coat to a cloak in The Sensorites"?

creed462
April 17th, 2006, 04:40 PM
Yes,

thankful that he is still lost in time and out of the reach of spelling police

April 17th, 2006, 04:45 PM
Still on the run from the authorities, I see.

creed462
April 18th, 2006, 07:09 AM
Still on the run from the authorities, I see.
yea, and I can't even find myself

Nuallain
April 18th, 2006, 08:25 AM
Of course there are the real world reasons for Doctor's leaving too:

William Hartnell - was beginning to suffer the effects of an Alzheimer's like dementia.

Patrick Troughton - didn't want to be typecast.

Jon Pertwee - quit over money.

Tom Baker - quit over money, but has more or less admitted he demanded a huge raise to force them to refuse: he didn't like the new showrunner.

Peter Davison - didn't want to be typecast (and was persuaded to quit by ex-Doctor Pat Troughton)

Colin Baker - fired after taking the blame for diving ratings.

Sylvester McCoy - whole show cancelled.

Paul McGann - pilot not picked up.

Christopher Eccleston - it's a mystery, innit? But he has said that he found making the show so stressful and tiring he wouldn't have been able to do any other work in the 'off' season between filming (which he really wanted to do), so that may have been a factor.

April 18th, 2006, 03:02 PM
Jon Pertwee--also was motivated to leave because most of his friends had left the show.

Tom Baker--had gotten too use to getting his way, but was probably right about many criticisms.

Peter Davison--changed his mind to come back after writing improved, but did so too late.

Colin Baker--some claim his ex-wife's friend, Michael Grade, couldn't separate his personal dislike for the actor and used his position of power at the BBC to kick Colin out of the TARDIS. While that sounds incredibly petty, some have claimed he used the powers of his office to make other programming changes as a retaliation against other people as well...with the jobs of many other unintended victims disrupted as a result.

creed462
April 18th, 2006, 03:31 PM
Didn't MG hate doctor who and wanted to get rid of it

Reefgirl
April 18th, 2006, 11:30 PM
Yes he did he actually boasted about it too, biggest mistake he ever made because he had to eat humble pie when it was bought back. I did hear somewhere that the death of Roger Delgardo (The Master in Pertwee's time) was the final factor in Pertwee's decision to leave

The Signal
April 19th, 2006, 02:47 AM
Yup, he did, if I remember rightly, very nearly get his way, that got into the media and the public was pretty pi$$ed off about it, and eventually they got the show back, but by then the damage was done, and the ratings dropped, 3 years later, the 7th Doctor ended the show.

creed462
April 19th, 2006, 06:27 AM
Yea they ended it just as it was on a turnaround

Davidtourniquet
April 19th, 2006, 06:55 AM

No he cant just travel back in time, as we found with the gelf ep in the first "21st century series" when rose says in 1860, I can't die, I haven't been born yet, tell me I cant die, then the doctor yes in a roundabout way she could because time isn't linear, things that happened in the past can stop things happening in the future, in other words times all warped and twisted.
I never saw the earlier series, because I was only a little boy when they cancelled the show, but from what I can gather, gallifrey was destroyed in the last great time war, which left "the coward" on his own.
On the note about the actors
Tennant is already up there in the top 3, equalling eccelston so far.
It's his crazy approach to everything, madder than chris's doctor was, classic chris quotes, every planet has a north and hmmmm bananas i like bananas.
While david already has, hmmmm tea is all i needed, no 2nd chances im that kinda guy and watch out for the disinfectant. :D

The Signal
April 19th, 2006, 07:28 AM
Not to mention "Thats textbook enigmatic that" and "You should know, Im being very, very calm right now"

creed462
April 19th, 2006, 07:33 AM
The time war, was most likly during the 8th incarnation of the doctor.

April 19th, 2006, 12:01 PM
The time war, was most likly during the 8th incarnation of the doctor.According to RTD...

The Eighth Doctor died directly as a result of the Time War. The Ninth Doctor was witnessed standing in the Eighth Doctors clothes, muttering about being the last of his kind. This was on one of the fake websites RTD had setup.

creed462
April 19th, 2006, 01:13 PM
I still wonder if he is the last of his kind

Reefgirl
April 19th, 2006, 01:54 PM
I heard that Romana was President of the High Council when Galifrey was destroyed and she ordered it, it would make sense that she ordered the Doctor to do it

The Signal
April 19th, 2006, 01:56 PM
Actually, IIRC, according to the novels, the 8th Doctor caused Gallifreys destruction once before, not in the Time War, I think that might be what you are reffering to Reefgirl, but it must have been restored (as was the previously destroyed Skaro) before the war.

Reefgirl
April 19th, 2006, 02:08 PM
Actually, IIRC, according to the novels, the 8th Doctor caused Gallifreys destruction once before, not in the Time War, I think that might be what you are reffering to Reefgirl, but it must have been restored (as was the previously destroyed Skaro) before the war.
I'm only passing on what I hear from other sites

creed462
April 19th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Again are the books Cannon

The Signal
April 19th, 2006, 02:28 PM
No, absolutely not. But they are the only thing we have to go on at the moment, so for the purpose of coversation Im just going with it.

Pharaoh Atem
April 20th, 2006, 04:39 AM
ok first off i live in america so we are just now discovery doctor who but the thing that confuses me is what do you mea by 9th doctor 10 doctor

do there change the main chacter every season? or something like that :confused:

who would had thought that one little question would start such a big discussion

creed462
April 20th, 2006, 05:25 AM
who would had thought that one little question would start such a big discussion
That the way the cookie crumbles here

Willow'sCat
April 20th, 2006, 06:02 AM
You are all rumour mongers. :eek: I like it. :D

I had never heard that thing about Peter wanting to return but it being too late, aw that is a crying shame. The rest, well a grain of salt maybe but probably true given TV lands reputation. :cool:

The Signal
April 20th, 2006, 06:54 AM
Well seeing as the EU of Doctor Who is probably the only thing we will ever get on the 8th Doctor as RTD has said he doesnt want to go back to that era, we may as well use that to make up these wild theories of ours. :D As for Peter, for me that is more than a shame, more liek a tragedy, he was a good Doctor, and had he stayed on we would probably have never had Colin, which may well have saved the show for a few extra years (although we probably wouldnt have had Chris or David which would have been FAR worse).

creed462
April 20th, 2006, 07:36 AM
Maybe maybe not, we might have gotten them, and CE could have stayed for more then one season

Adria
November 5th, 2006, 05:54 AM

wow thanks .now the show will make more sence to me :D you rule Ptah ....i mean Signal :P

ADD
Patrick Troughton (2nd Doctor) - Forced to Regenerate by other Time Lords - 3 seasons (1966-1969) why did there force it

lord-anubis
November 5th, 2006, 09:34 AM
they probly got tired of haveing to listen to play on that recorder lol.

i thought the doctor could live forever sents i only seen the new series. i just resently watch some old doctor who eps mostly to do with daleks. geneis,distany,day,remberinse and death to the daleks. i also so the 5 doctors were they said some thing about only being albe to regenerate so many times.

Madeleine
November 9th, 2006, 09:13 PM
ADD why did there force it

I may be wrong (I never saw the ep but I read the book) but I think it was for Interfering too much. The Time Lords seemed to think that he'd crossed the Oma Desala line, and rather than dumping him naked on a random planet :p they used up one of his regenerations.

Willow'sCat
November 10th, 2006, 11:38 AM
Wasn't he put on trial? That happens a lot. They send him to Earth as punishment but change him so no-one will know it is him or something, but I don't think that worked! :P

Jax
November 12th, 2006, 01:05 PM
why did there force it

Prior to his pardon, the Doctor was considered renegade because he repeatedly broke the Time Lords cardinal law that they should not interfere in the affairs of others. When the Time Lords finally caught him after he called them for help, they put him on trial and was found guilty. However the time lords saw that he wasn't a bad sort of guy and instead of wiping him from time, they simply exiled him to Earth. The Doctor of course complained he'd be recognised, so they forced him to regenerate.

That episode was the first mention and appearance of the Time Lords too.

November 12th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Of course, prior to The Deadly Assassin, we didn't know there was a limit to the number lives a Time Lord may have...making it still a very stern punishment retroactively.

Of course, there are contradictory accounts of the events of War Games in Pertwee's era; but the most glaring contradictions occured in The Five Doctors where the Second Doctor has survived after the Time Lords separated him from Jamie & Zoe...and The Two Doctors in which Victoria was temporarily dropped off while the Second Doctor & Jamie were on assignment on behalf of the Time Lords, which they couldn't have been prior to War Games, nor apparently subsequent to.

All this suggests the events of War Games were not entirely accurate.

In the novel World Game by Terence Dicks, the following is revealed...
The matrix records were altered by the Celestial Intervention Agency who took the Doctor on as an agent after his capture.

TheAncient1
November 15th, 2006, 05:24 PM
I heard that Romana was President of the High Council when Galifrey was destroyed and she ordered it, it would make sense that she ordered the Doctor to do it
Wasn't Romana left in E space with K9?

November 15th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Wasn't Romana left in E space with K9?Yes, but in the novels, she returned and eventually became President.

lord-anubis
November 17th, 2006, 11:06 AM
speaking of k-9 how did Sarah end up with k-9. i just saw hand of fear which i think was her last ep. in the school reunon ep she had k-9 i was just wondering how

Flyboy
November 17th, 2006, 11:34 AM
That would be the pilot episode of the series "K9 & Company" which was never picked up as a proper series. It featured Sarah recieving K9 as a gift from the Doctor. They then fought witches...

TheAncient1
November 17th, 2006, 11:46 AM
speaking of k-9 how did Sarah end up with k-9. i just saw hand of fear which i think was her last ep. in the school reunon ep she had k-9 i was just wondering how
The Doctor sent Sarah a K9 at some point. There were 3 K9s: MkI was left with Leela on Gallifrey, MkII with Romana in E-space, and MkIII was sent to Sarah. (I think that is the right order, I may have them mixed up)

I believe they tried to make a spin off series featuring Sarah and K9, but it was unsuccessful. That is how Sarah ended up with. K9.

If you watch the Five Doctors (last ep of season 20), there is a scene where Sarah is going outside and K9 is behind her.

lord-anubis
November 17th, 2006, 12:37 PM
That would be the pilot episode of the series "K9 & Company" which was never picked up as a proper series. It featured Sarah recieving K9 as a gift from the Doctor. They then fought witches...

sounded intesting so i looked it up and saw it. bedies from the bad opening sequence which i couldent stop laughing at K-9!lol. i liked it i never seen k-9 before in any of the old eps they should being him back again.

Pharaoh Atem
March 26th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Patrick Troughton (2nd Doctor) - Forced to Regenerate by other Time Lords - .

sorry already answered but why did there force him to Regenerate??

March 26th, 2007, 06:41 PM
sorry already answered but why did there force him to Regenerate??

Doctor Who, Season 6: War Games
Because he was considered a renegade.
His stole the TARDIS, interfered with other races, and evaded capture. Why?
Well, have been various reasons hinted at throughout the series.
Political trouble, avoiding arrest, civil unrest, boredom, frustration with his people's policy of non-interference.
He was found guilty by a three man tribunal.
He was sentenced to exile on Earth and the death of his current incarnation.

March 26th, 2007, 07:00 PM
Events in The Five Doctors and The Two Doctors directly contradict War Games, leading many to assume that someone falsified the Matrix records of the Doctor's trial to cover up his unofficial role as an agent during the end of his second incarnation.

Madeleine
March 27th, 2007, 02:29 AM
What contradicts it? (I've seen T5D and T2D but my memory is sketchy, and I only ever read the novelisaiton of War Games so I don't remember that terribly well.)

The Signal
March 27th, 2007, 12:09 PM
I believe The Second Doctor told the Sixth that he was on a mission for the Time Lords with Jamie (it's been a long time since I last saw the 2 docs, so I'm a wee bit fuzzy on the details), however, Jamie didn't meet The Time Lords until War Games, and so, he and The Doctor could never have gone off on a mission, unless, as above, there was a tampering with the matrix.

Mr Prophet
March 27th, 2007, 12:14 PM
Plus he's, like, twenty years older than when he allegedly regenerated. Funny that.

March 27th, 2007, 12:26 PM
What contradicts it? (I've seen T5D and T2D but my memory is sketchy, and I only ever read the novelisaiton of War Games so I don't remember that terribly well.)The Second Doctor had post-War Games knowledge about Jamie & Zoe's fate in The Five Doctors, but Jamie and Zoe's departure only happened moments before the Second Doctor regenerated in War Games.

The War Games was the first Jamie and Zoe heard of the Time Lords.
Yet in The Two Doctors, both the Second Doctor and Jamie are working for the Time Lords, with Victoria supposedly on vacation.

Madeleine
March 28th, 2007, 12:14 AM
Ah, I see.

I've thought of at least six diferent ways to explain the above...

... all of which, on closer examination lead to the exact same sort of problem. :o

I think I'd better stick to my usual level of explaining difficult plot points in Doctor Who: "Yes, poppet, that's a baddy." "Yes, that's a baddy too."