Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More character moments in Atlantis season 3!!!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More character moments in Atlantis season 3!!!!!!!

This is just to say it's about time the show gave us more character interaction, and we're getting it: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/0...edschara.shtml

Regardless of who we ship, or which characters we like, this can only be a good thing, no?
    Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Originally posted by mentalmichael
    This is just to say it's about time the show gave us more character interaction, and we're getting it: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/0...edschara.shtml

Regardless of who we ship, or which characters we like, this can only be a good thing, no?

It's a very good thing! I think that's something that's been lacking. When they were cut off from earth, these people had only each other. I'd like to see more interaction between Sheppard and Weir as the leaders, and more interaction between Weir and Beckett as the two who aren't part of the off-world team.

Comment

Thanks Michael for starting this thread. I was hoping someone would. This is very good news indeed and shows that they do listen to the fans. At least somewhat. They have looked over S2 and evaluated what does and does not work and are going forward with it looks like possibly maybe some new ideas. They did a little bit of this late in S1 and certainly in S2. Remember that it was Rob Cooper who said they saw that Weir and Sheppard didn't work too well as antagonists and backed off on that. It also looks like they may have toned down the conflict with Caldwell a bit. IMHO they went a little too far toward making this Atlantis:Let's All Just Get Along but at least they're trying.

The idea that the team members even have any contact with each other when not on a mission or doing fight training has been kinda left to our imaginations. I realize trying to stay alive on a daily basis eats into your free time, but I'd like to know that they watch videos together or at least talk about something other than when they think the wraith will arrive. Surely by now the military guys have organized some sort of sports program. Ronon needs to learn to play hoops.

I'm sure someone will see this thread and be interested in our reactions to the news. I'd just like to thank Rob and all TPTB for being open minded enough to make adjustments and respecting our opinions.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I just hope when he says "team" that he means everyone, not just the 4 members of the off-world team. In SG1 the off-world team was the show, but in SGA, the off-world team is just a part of the show. Big difference, and I hope they don't lose sight of that.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

ITA FP. It did feel unfortunately to me in s2 there was more of a focus on the 4 imo where as in s1 it felt more like a community.

I think it was in Seige 1 where they really showed that sense of community. Sheppard's team was off world, but we didn't see them. We saw Atlantis. Weir and Zelenka were discussing what would need to be done to destroy Atlantis if it became necessary. Mckay was off working on the satelite with Grodin.

I've also missed the interaction between Mckay and Weir that we had in the first season.

Comment

Finally they got it! So let´s hope they will stop with the Shepp/McKay, Teyla/Ronon spliting. And I hope that by team they don´t mean Shepp/Teyla/Ronon because McKay is part of the team, too. I am glad that R.Cooper mentioned the episode Need. Daniel came through withdrawl with the help of Jack. Well, Rodney had in Hive little help from Carson but where was Sheppard who claims to be his best friend?

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Hey, this is extremely good news! I'm really curious to see what they come up with. Team stuff is good, and maybe even some romance too. Oh...and I'll have a fries and coke with that while they're at it.

Good sci fi is about special effects. Great sci fi is about people.

Comment

I'm really excited to see where they go with this. My assumption is that they mean all of the regular cast, and if it means otherwise, I'll feel sorely gypped. But I've been hoping for more stuff like this for ages! The last little dedicated (meaning not just as a filler in a jumper or something) team-building scene I can remember is in Hide and Seek!
                "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

I'm surprised no one has mentioned wanting to see possible moments between Weir/Teyla. It seems to me that Weir spent more time trying to make Ronon fit in than really forging her relationship with Teyla. I'd like to see more women on women eps. Meaning I'd like to see a poker moment....maybe they coudl teach Teyla how to play. I'd like to see leader on leader moments as both of them are FEMALE leaders. That would be great.

I'd like to see relationship solidifying between Ronon/John. I'm glad I'll get a bit of Ronon/McKay, but I'm definitely wanting to see that if anything. And maybe even McKay/Zelenka moments....since I'm unsure about Zelenky...and I'd like to see something develop friendship wise with Carson and the rest of the team. I'm not getting enough of him besides his struggle with his scientific side.

VB
                  Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                    I just hope when he says "team" that he means everyone, not just the 4 members of the off-world team. In SG1 the off-world team was the show, but in SGA, the off-world team is just a part of the show. Big difference, and I hope they don't lose sight of that.

I agree completely. I think they've done a lot better than the SG1 people in including Elizabeth and Carson in the main cast, as opposed to the way Hammond and Janet were used on SG1. Janet was a great tool in getting more information about Sam in a lot of episodes, but there were only a couple of eps where she was allowed to do more than that.

Elizabeth was never going to be another Hammond because she's not military. She was suddenly out of her depth when the Wraith threat came up, and as such she needed to connect more with Shep and his team.

I really want to see those two becoming more a part of it. Elizabeth especially going off-world more. She's a negotiator. Let her negotiate, and bond with her number one team! (I can just see her putting Rodney in his place when he tries to interject during her negotiations!)

Comment

Originally posted by mentalmichael

THERE IS A GOD!!!! They are actually listening to the fans for once??? Wonders will never cease!!!
                      Character development is always welcome, especially an insight into the relationships between he characters which the writers presume is there, yet do nothing to explore. And I'm not talking romance...though I am always partial....

Comment

I´m surprised that anybody here seems so excited. I was a Sg 1 fan before I was an Atlantis fan and all I was seen so far makes it impossible to see RCC annoncement as more than a cynic puplicity stunt.
                        I doubt that it´s a coincidence that the character moments were reduced from season 7 (as RCC had taken the shows reins) onwards to an absolut minimum. And I can remember that he has at least one time (It´s a long time ago but there must exist an audiocommentary for an season 7 epsiode done by RCC were does rant a bit about it) that he doesn´t like such moments at all (at least if they happen between the male characters).
                        So now using "Need" as an example for what want´s for Atlantis is for me nothing than a joke. RCC seems to believe that character moments between anybody beside the ship-pairings are automatical identical with slash and as long as he believes that he will not tolerate them in his shows.

For me is this interview mainly stating one thing: Brad Wrights influence on Atlantis will be smaller this year and Robert Coppers bigger and I doubt this means something good the character development (and the whole show).

I know that RCC had written some of the best character episodes in the early years and I would love to believe that this RCC has returned from the twilight zone but there is nothing that would support this hope.

Comment

Originally posted by manybleemsago
                          Hey, this is extremely good news! I'm really curious to see what they come up with. Team stuff is good, and maybe even some romance too.
                          OMG! Save me from the romance. You want romance read fanfic.

I think this will be about the Team and the Team only I wouldn't be surprised if they try and go with a slight remodeling of the show to make it more like SG-1 in the early days. I didn't hear anything in that interview that talked about development of backgrounds beyond the "Ronon" episode so I see no reason to think they will be delving too much into the development of the characters background/story.

Huh, people will read into it what they want.

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
                            OMG! Save me from the romance. You want romance read fanfic.

I think this will be about the Team and the Team only I wouldn't be surprised if they try and go with a slight remodeling of the show to make it more like SG-1 in the early days. I didn't hear anything in that interview that talked about development of backgrounds beyond the "Ronon" episode so I see no reason to think they will be delving too much into the development of the characters background/story.

Huh, people will read into it what they want.
                            No offense toward 'shippers,' but when I read 'character development,' I don't see that as kissing/sex. That's, well, sex. character development is when we, as the viewers, learn something more about the character and in turn, the character him/herself strengths in some department. We see WHY they act the way they do, why say, Shep won't 'leave anyone behind,' (besides being the SG military motto), etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka
                              Daniel came through withdrawl with the help of Jack. Well, Rodney had in Hive little help from Carson but where was Sheppard who claims to be his best friend?
                              Stuck in a hive ship with Ford and the spy girl?

TEAM LOVE

Comment

Working...
                              X