Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

INTERVIEW: Robert C. Cooper (Executive Producer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INTERVIEW: Robert C. Cooper (Executive Producer)

AUDIO INTERVIEW:
    DIRECTING THE FUTURE
    GateWorld talks with Robert C. Cooper

Stargate's executive producer talks with GateWorld about SG-1's new direction, the religious aspects of the Ori storyline, directing the action-packed episode "Sateda," and much more!

READ MORE ...

great job D&D a very interesting read
    sigpic

Comment

That was a great interview! Very interesting and you got Robert Cooper to open up about so many things. You must have really worked on preparing your questions, and it shows in the interview. You knew what you were talking about and RC responded to it. Now I think I'll go read it again.
      EXPLORING THE POSSIBILITIES, ONE STARGATE AT A TIME

Comment

Great interview! Thank you so much! It's very good news to hear that TPTB have realized the personal moments that build the characters and their relationships with one another have been missing from Atlantis. I kept thinking that those moments were left on the cutting romm floor for the last two years! I take heart! Thanks!

Comment

Wow, Cooper sounds so subdued and calm.

Very nice interview guys! If it was me, I'll probably offend him with the first question or something.

Comment

Very informative interview, I liked it. All though I somewhat though Rob sounded like Joe Flanigan.

Can't wait for the new season.

Nice Job Darren and David!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
              Very informative interview, I liked it. All though I somewhat though Rob sounded like Joe Flanigan.
              You know what's creepy? I just saw a television interview (like, right now) with Cooper, and I thought it was Joe Flanigan, since I wasn't watching the TV.

The funny thing is, he didn't sound like Joe when I listened to this interview.

Comment

I liked it also very much. I loved what Gilles did with the banner ! But the other one was not bad also :d but this one with the ships is better
                Lord Zedd

Comment

http://www.gateworld.net/articles/in...cooper01.shtml
                  WARNING: The following tagged spoilers are from the above hyperlinked interview with Robert C Cooper, executive producer of Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis.

I sort of started this on the other thread, which focused more specifically on the new leader of the Ori crusade, Adria. But these two quotes out of the latest interview GW had with Robert C Cooper had me real excited. I cannot wait for the new season of SG1, because we're sort of going back to the beginning, but keeping that veteran experience at the same time! It's gonna be one hell of a ride, I hope

Spoiler:
                  Robert C Cooper: Yeah, I don't remember if we talked about this -- I have said it before. Season Nine was about wiping the slate clean, sort of, and introducing the Ori and kind of preparing us for what was going to happen, which is that they were going to invade and kind of take over. The whole goal from Season Nine moving forward was to bring the series back to where it was when it started in Season One. And that was to put us at a tremendous disadvantage -- wipe the slate clean, make us the underdogs again.

Because we had gotten to the point where we won every time. We killed Goa'ulds, Replicators at will. The challenge wasn't there any more. And we wanted to create bad guys that would now be as big a challenge as the Goa'uld were when we first opened the Stargate. So, Season Nine was very much not only just about introducing the new members of the team, but also the new bad guys and how that was going to work.

And Season Ten is very much about the bad guys kind of executing the plan, the promise -- coming through on what they said would come to pass, which is that they're going to come in and take over our galaxy.

And one more, reflecting a little bit on the mythology of the show, and the way that it sometimes tries to mirror our own world in certain instances

Spoiler:
                  GW: Do you worry about them [the foot-soldiers of the Ori, the 'knights'] being two-dimensional? They're devotion is so pure, it's like the Borg with assimilation.

RCC: Yeah, I actually -- I wrote "Crusade" because I wanted to make them not two-dimensional. To me, it was interesting to develop them as a character -- not just Tomin, but Tomin is a representation of them. I think that it's very interesting to look at someone with the strength of belief who's willing to fight for what they want to fight for. It just happens to be different than what we -- [Laughter] that's Brad Wright making faces in the window, for anybody who's [wondering].

It's different from what our agenda is. And I think that type of single-mindedness certainly exists in our world. It's something we see go on around us. I think it's important for us to try and understand why people want to go to war with us, or blow up our buildings, or our airplanes. I don't think that that single-minded devotion makes someone two-dimensional.

I think it's more that I was trying to make those warriors more than just people in suits. Because it's science fiction, and because it's far more black and white than our real world is. And we tend to paint with primary colors and archetypes [more] than we do true reality. And it is, ultimately, just entertainment. But we were trying to get to something a little bit more than just people in wardrobe as warriors -- that, in our case, the people who are following [the] Ori, we perceive them to be mistaken in their beliefs.

The entire interview is really worth reading or listening to, in my opinion. I've just taken out sections of it that I found most interesting. Very intriguing, and just shows us that we have much more of an exciting, dynamic show in this season than we have for a long while, I think!

Capt

Comment

Excellent interview Darren and David...Definitely nice to hear you Darren

while I am not an RCC (showrunner) fan it was good to hear his thought process regarding both shows. I do enjoy the episodes he writes very much though. He gave me a different perspective of how TPTB view things versus the fans and that does help explain some of the things that have been confusing to me. So I am extremly grateful that he was so candid and open

Great questions and just a really well done interview.
                    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TheCaptain
                      The entire interview is really worth reading or listening to, in my opinion. I've just taken out sections of it that I found most interesting. Very intriguing, and just shows us that we have much more of an exciting, dynamic show in this season than we have for a long while, I think!

Capt
                      Indeed! Very informative; It was great listening to his opinions...

..and spoilers for SG1..

Really great!
                      Last edited by jazz!; 16 April 2006, 02:21 PM.
                      It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

Darren and David, great interview!!! After listening RCC's (with Andy Mikita and Jim Menard) DVD commentaries for the first 3 episodes of season 9 I decided that I really love this man, and now after your interview I adore him much, much more!!!

Comment

good interview ...kinda wish brad wright was with him during this

but i am looking forward to that Ronon episode
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                          X