PDA

View Full Version : Ready for tonight 2

Billz
April 14th, 2006, 06:22 PM
In the united kingdom timezone, only 17 hours and 15 minutes before David Tennant fully takes over. What is everyone going to be doing tonight? This thread began 2.21am england time. I cant sleep :cameron: Counting down...

Missster.Freeman
April 14th, 2006, 06:37 PM
It's currently 2:38am Scotland time. :D I'm just about to watch a couple of Half Life: AG match demos.

I'll be (hopefully) sitting tuned into BBC1 at 7:15pm. I'll be recording, just in case. ;)

Reefgirl
April 15th, 2006, 01:34 AM
9.30am on the South Coast, the Daughter is at her dad's, the boyfriend has been warned and threatened to within an inch of his life about phoning me between 7.15 and 8.15, Mother's still making up her mind whether to join me on the sofa or not, the wine is cooling.

I'm ready, bring it on

The Signal
April 15th, 2006, 04:58 AM
Coming up 1 o'clock, 6 hours to go! As for what Im doing, no idea, Im too excited to plan! :D

Reefgirl
April 15th, 2006, 05:06 AM
Mother's off to church tonight so it's just me and The Doctor

Madeleine
April 15th, 2006, 05:33 AM
I'm sorely tempted to dose my youngest with Calpol, Piriton, Ibuprofen and every other sleep-encouraging drug in the house. Anything to get him to settle down nicely before 7pm.

The Signal
April 15th, 2006, 06:05 AM
Not old enough for bribary to work then? :P

Major Clanger
April 15th, 2006, 06:09 AM
The Gruesomes are in UK with their dad, and apparently since they got there on Thursday they have been asking if they can watch Dr. Who today.

I'm alone, got the vid ready for my friend in a part of Germany which doesn't get BBC - the phone will be off the hook and I won't be answering the door.

Very excited here.

Madeleine
April 15th, 2006, 06:26 AM
Not old enough for bribary to work then? :P

No :(. If he were, I'd let him stay up and watch it anyway, with the show itself as the bribe. He's prefectly capable of having a tantrum at any time though, even when he's getting a treat. Whoever coined the phrase "terrible twos" couldn't count, possibly because they were so frazzled by the ghastly behaviour of their THREE-year-old.

The Signal
April 15th, 2006, 06:33 AM
I believe the term is "traumatic three's" :P. This ep has a "Fear Factor" of 4 according to the BBC (as did "The Doctor Dances") So should be pretty awesome.

in circles
April 15th, 2006, 10:23 AM
I've set the sky+ and will be shushing everyone in the living room while it's on. :D

Major Clanger
April 15th, 2006, 12:12 PM
fantastic!

The Gruesomes called me right after it finished - they like the new Doctor, which is a relief.

Mads: didn't anyone tell you? Terrble twos go on until they turn into terrible teenagers...

Madeleine
April 15th, 2006, 12:18 PM
Thanks, MC. Maybe I should just take the drugs myself :eek:

But... I managed to watch it and not one peep from youngest :) Firstborn, on the other hand, who was staying up to watch it as a special treat, spent the time asking "which ones are the baddies?" "why isn't Rose's mummy going with her?" "what's that?" "who's he?" and all that jazz. Still, we all enjoyed it :D. David Tennant is lovely. :D:D:D

Reefgirl
April 15th, 2006, 12:39 PM
Hi MC, glad the gruesome's liked it I'm still trying to train the Daughter in sci fi but not having much luck

Wait till they hit 11 going on 16 Madeline

Edit - Is it me (Oh god I'm a TOG) or did DT's Scottish accent break through a couple of times

The Signal
April 15th, 2006, 12:45 PM
Is it me (Oh god I'm a TOG) or did DT's Scottish accent break through a couple of times
Yup, I caught it too, never mind, perhaps its meant to do that, maybe this Doctor is part cockney part Scottish :D Won't happen next time though Its in Scotland so the Doctor speaks in a Scottish accent (So does Rose, well, she tries) so David goes with his natural accent.

Missster.Freeman
April 15th, 2006, 01:04 PM
*edit* Shhh I won't ;)

The Signal
April 15th, 2006, 01:07 PM
Yeah but dont bring attention to it whatever you do :P

Reefgirl
April 15th, 2006, 01:29 PM
I caught that too

Apparently DT's mum and dad did the read through for the Scottish Ep

Billz
April 15th, 2006, 01:53 PM
Im glad I taped this episode, it was worth it, as Im sure the whole series will be. Im anxiously awaiting the one with Sarah-Jane Smith. Lets hope Doctor Who will be here to stay for another 40 years!!!

The Signal
April 15th, 2006, 02:03 PM
School Reunion is gonna rock! I cant see the show getting cancelled for a long long time, money isnt an issue (I think Im right in saying a network in Canada is also funding the show and working alongside it) and its ratings are through the roof, so I think we will see at least up to S35, which would probably put us in the 13th and last Doctor's era.

Reefgirl
April 15th, 2006, 02:25 PM
the 13th and last Doctor's era.
I think that they'll get around that some how, probably something to do with the Ring of Rassilon

I can't wait to see Sarah-Jane either, she's the assistant I remember the best

The Signal
April 15th, 2006, 02:49 PM
^Oh they will get around it!

As for Sarah, I dont know whether Im more looking forward to her, or the catty arguments between her and Rose :D

Reefgirl
April 15th, 2006, 02:56 PM
^Oh they will get around it!

As for Sarah, I dont know whether Im more looking forward to her, or the catty arguments between her and Rose :D
You're waiting for some B!tch Slapping aren't you?

The Signal
April 15th, 2006, 03:10 PM
In the words of K9, AFFIRMATIVE!

A Billie Piper/K9 fight would be soooooo ho... wait you mean Sarah and Rose? Oh! :P Nah, just wanna see a desperate for attention Rose, it will be hilarious

Reefgirl
April 16th, 2006, 01:38 AM
;) sure you are