This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ready for tonight 2

In the united kingdom timezone, only 17 hours and 15 minutes before David Tennant fully takes over. What is everyone going to be doing tonight? This thread began 2.21am england time. I cant sleep Counting down...
    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

It's currently 2:38am Scotland time. I'm just about to watch a couple of Half Life: AG match demos.

I'll be (hopefully) sitting tuned into BBC1 at 7:15pm. I'll be recording, just in case.
    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

9.30am on the South Coast, the Daughter is at her dad's, the boyfriend has been warned and threatened to within an inch of his life about phoning me between 7.15 and 8.15, Mother's still making up her mind whether to join me on the sofa or not, the wine is cooling.

I'm ready, bring it on

Comment

Coming up 1 o'clock, 6 hours to go! As for what Im doing, no idea, Im too excited to plan!
        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Mother's off to church tonight so it's just me and The Doctor

Comment

I'm sorely tempted to dose my youngest with Calpol, Piriton, Ibuprofen and every other sleep-encouraging drug in the house. Anything to get him to settle down nicely before 7pm.

Madeleine

Comment

Not old enough for bribary to work then?
              Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.

Comment

The Gruesomes are in UK with their dad, and apparently since they got there on Thursday they have been asking if they can watch Dr. Who today.

I'm alone, got the vid ready for my friend in a part of Germany which doesn't get BBC - the phone will be off the hook and I won't be answering the door.

Very excited here.
                In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                  Not old enough for bribary to work then?
                  No . If he were, I'd let him stay up and watch it anyway, with the show itself as the bribe. He's prefectly capable of having a tantrum at any time though, even when he's getting a treat. Whoever coined the phrase "terrible twos" couldn't count, possibly because they were so frazzled by the ghastly behaviour of their THREE-year-old.

Madeleine

Comment

I believe the term is "traumatic three's" . This ep has a "Fear Factor" of 4 according to the BBC (as did "The Doctor Dances") So should be pretty awesome.

Comment

I've set the sky+ and will be shushing everyone in the living room while it's on.

Comment

fantastic!

The Gruesomes called me right after it finished - they like the new Doctor, which is a relief.

Mads: didn't anyone tell you? Terrble twos go on until they turn into terrible teenagers...
                        In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Thanks, MC. Maybe I should just take the drugs myself

But... I managed to watch it and not one peep from youngest Firstborn, on the other hand, who was staying up to watch it as a special treat, spent the time asking "which ones are the baddies?" "why isn't Rose's mummy going with her?" "what's that?" "who's he?" and all that jazz. Still, we all enjoyed it . David Tennant is lovely.

Madeleine

Comment

Hi MC, glad the gruesome's liked it I'm still trying to train the Daughter in sci fi but not having much luck

Wait till they hit 11 going on 16 Madeline

Edit - Is it me (Oh god I'm a TOG) or did DT's Scottish accent break through a couple of times

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl
                              Is it me (Oh god I'm a TOG) or did DT's Scottish accent break through a couple of times
                              Yup, I caught it too, never mind, perhaps its meant to do that, maybe this Doctor is part cockney part Scottish Won't happen next time though
                              Spoiler:
                              Its in Scotland so the Doctor speaks in a Scottish accent (So does Rose, well, she tries) so David goes with his natural accent.
                              Last edited by The Signal; 15 April 2006, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X