This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should we storm their cityship? SPOILERS

Season 3's new enemy is the Asurans. They have a cityship and ZPM's. They are hostile.

Should the atlantis expedition storm the cityship? And what tactics should it use to storm the cityship? I just want to see what everyone thinks.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Originally posted by freyr's mother
    Season 3's new enemy is the Asurans. They have a cityship and ZPM's. They are hostile.

Should the atlantis expedition storm the cityship? And what tactics should it use to storm the cityship? I just want to see what everyone thinks.
    if they could gate in, a small strike force at first to take and secure the gate room. then atlantis could open a safe wormhole and send as many troops as they wanted. I wonder will the new enemy have weapons like the ancients had in Aurora.

Comment

I think if the atlantis expedition tried they'd get owned...

Comment

Cool idea but for one we can't kick their butts so easily if they are a recurring enemy and two, what would they do with it. They could take the ZPM, or get reinforcements from earth to man the new city but with the Ori making a holiday destination of the Milky Way, how many can they spare??

Tatics. I'm thinking the Ancients have got to have more than one of those "personal shield" things that Rodney was so fond of in Hide and Seek, and they can cloak a city..... so I'm thinking personal cloaks to infiltrate and then personal shields when things get down and dirty.
        Last edited by somethinghuman; 14 April 2006, 09:50 PM.

Comment

we'd get seriously owned

no reason

Comment

It would be like the chess club trying to storm the Whitehouse.

The are artificial life with the technology and knowledge of the Ancients.
            An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Originally posted by jenks
              I think if the atlantis expedition tried they'd get owned...
              Yeah, I agree. No way we would just storm in and take the ZPMs.

Comment

Umm... no.

We'd get owned. And if the Asurans are anything like the Human-Form Replicators... we'll be commiting a suicide mission.
                http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

They could get the Asgard to make more of those replicator disruptor weapons, a few hundred should do the trick, well that is to say if the Asurans aren't immune to this technology, since given all logical conclusion they have encountered it before. But, they are already going to find another Fifth, a machine wanting to reach ascension, I wonder if it is possible, all things being equal I don't see why not.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
                    Umm... no.

We'd get owned. And if the Asurans are anything like the Human-Form Replicators... we'll be commiting a suicide mission.
                    so true since the replicators are based off the Asurans Cyborg technology they would have weapons that penetrate Ancient shielding and not to mention the fact there stargate would have a shield and it would not work unless the ship is stationary

Replicators pwned the Asguard because they knew how to penetrate there very advanced shielding i think the Asurans would know how to break the personal shields so that would be a bad tactic

Comment

Personally i think we would get owned so badly that if the writers tried to make the Atlantis crew storm the city and succeed it would be the end of Atlantis because its impossible...these Asurans are pretty much the ancients just not ascended, and we are no where near as smart or advanced as they are....however i liked the idea of the personal shield and the cloak but one has to remember even when the puddle jumpers are cloaked the Atlantis's sensers still pick up the ships, so i dont see it working...
                      Those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Primus Commander Woden
                        Personally i think we would get owned so badly that if the writers tried to make the Atlantis crew storm the city and succeed it would be the end of Atlantis because its impossible...these Asurans are pretty much the ancients just not ascended, and we are no where near as smart or advanced as they are....however i liked the idea of the personal shield and the cloak but one has to remember even when the puddle jumpers are cloaked the Atlantis's sensers still pick up the ships, so i dont see it working...
                        true they are essentially using ancient technolog the anicents never ever though they would have to defend against somebody using there own technology against them so they just intergrated the DNA key into there systems, and because the Asurans were made in there image they would have the DNA code in them

Comment

the gate room has no defenses so just gate in, in a jumper and drone the crap outta the gate room, stormed

Comment

Wouldnt that likely destroy the control consoles.

Best Stargate quote:
                            Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                            Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Unamed
                              the gate room has no defenses so just gate in, in a jumper and drone the crap outta the gate room, stormed
                              Unless the Gate Shield is up - then splat bye bye jumper
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X