PDA

View Full Version : Should we storm their cityship? SPOILERS

freyr's mother
April 14th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Season 3's new enemy is the Asurans. They have a cityship and ZPM's. They are hostile.

Should the atlantis expedition storm the cityship? And what tactics should it use to storm the cityship? I just want to see what everyone thinks.

Unamed
April 14th, 2006, 04:06 PM
Season 3's new enemy is the Asurans. They have a cityship and ZPM's. They are hostile.

Should the atlantis expedition storm the cityship? And what tactics should it use to storm the cityship? I just want to see what everyone thinks.
if they could gate in, a small strike force at first to take and secure the gate room. then atlantis could open a safe wormhole and send as many troops as they wanted. I wonder will the new enemy have weapons like the ancients had in Aurora.

jenks
April 14th, 2006, 04:10 PM
I think if the atlantis expedition tried they'd get owned...

somethinghuman
April 14th, 2006, 06:39 PM
Cool idea but for one we can't kick their butts so easily if they are a recurring enemy and two, what would they do with it. They could take the ZPM, or get reinforcements from earth to man the new city but with the Ori making a holiday destination of the Milky Way, how many can they spare??

Tatics. I'm thinking the Ancients have got to have more than one of those "personal shield" things that Rodney was so fond of in Hide and Seek, and they can cloak a city..... so I'm thinking personal cloaks to infiltrate and then personal shields when things get down and dirty.

NakedJehutyV2
April 14th, 2006, 08:16 PM
we'd get seriously owned

no reason

Chutzpah
April 14th, 2006, 08:55 PM
It would be like the chess club trying to storm the Whitehouse.

The are artificial life with the technology and knowledge of the Ancients.

npattis
April 14th, 2006, 08:56 PM
I think if the atlantis expedition tried they'd get owned...

Yeah, I agree. No way we would just storm in and take the ZPMs.

Peoples_General
April 14th, 2006, 10:40 PM
Umm... no.

We'd get owned. And if the Asurans are anything like the Human-Form Replicators... we'll be commiting a suicide mission.

JanusAncient
April 15th, 2006, 01:02 AM
They could get the Asgard to make more of those replicator disruptor weapons, a few hundred should do the trick, well that is to say if the Asurans aren't immune to this technology, since given all logical conclusion they have encountered it before. But, they are already going to find another Fifth, a machine wanting to reach ascension, I wonder if it is possible, all things being equal I don't see why not.

Lightbane
April 15th, 2006, 02:36 AM
Umm... no.

We'd get owned. And if the Asurans are anything like the Human-Form Replicators... we'll be commiting a suicide mission.

so true since the replicators are based off the Asurans Cyborg technology they would have weapons that penetrate Ancient shielding and not to mention the fact there stargate would have a shield and it would not work unless the ship is stationary

Replicators pwned the Asguard because they knew how to penetrate there very advanced shielding i think the Asurans would know how to break the personal shields so that would be a bad tactic

Primus Commander Woden
April 15th, 2006, 05:28 AM
Personally i think we would get owned so badly that if the writers tried to make the Atlantis crew storm the city and succeed it would be the end of Atlantis because its impossible...these Asurans are pretty much the ancients just not ascended, and we are no where near as smart or advanced as they are....however i liked the idea of the personal shield and the cloak but one has to remember even when the puddle jumpers are cloaked the Atlantis's sensers still pick up the ships, so i dont see it working...

Lightbane
April 15th, 2006, 05:40 AM
Personally i think we would get owned so badly that if the writers tried to make the Atlantis crew storm the city and succeed it would be the end of Atlantis because its impossible...these Asurans are pretty much the ancients just not ascended, and we are no where near as smart or advanced as they are....however i liked the idea of the personal shield and the cloak but one has to remember even when the puddle jumpers are cloaked the Atlantis's sensers still pick up the ships, so i dont see it working...

true they are essentially using ancient technolog the anicents never ever though they would have to defend against somebody using there own technology against them so they just intergrated the DNA key into there systems, and because the Asurans were made in there image they would have the DNA code in them

Unamed
April 15th, 2006, 11:08 AM
the gate room has no defenses so just gate in, in a jumper and drone the crap outta the gate room, stormed :D

freyr's mother
April 15th, 2006, 11:58 AM
Wouldnt that likely destroy the control consoles.

Steve_the_Wraith
April 15th, 2006, 04:28 PM
the gate room has no defenses so just gate in, in a jumper and drone the crap outta the gate room, stormed :D
Unless the Gate Shield is up - then splat bye bye jumper

freyr's mother
April 15th, 2006, 05:56 PM
Unless the Gate Shield is up - then splat bye bye jumper

Ya see, i'm not so sure about that. We know atlantis' shield lets jumpers through as we saw in Rising 1, but they had to lower the gate shield in Rising 2 for the jumper to go through. Could that be because the atlantis expedition didn't know that the shield would let jumpers through.

Anyway, the whole storming the city thing is all based on the assumption that there is a gate in their cityship. In the tower, the chair platform was in place of the gate.

The Prophet
April 15th, 2006, 06:33 PM
So, then what?

1. Gate In: Iris...Splat.

2. After that, Bomb the Hell outa the Gateroom with Drones: The Gateroom Colapses on us...Splat.

3. Storm the Building with Troops: Advanced Lantien Tech...Boom! Shoot! Replcator Hand-Knife thing...Stab!

4. Evade the Asuran troops & Run through the Corridors: City LockDown, Trapped, or, a quote from Futurama: Fire, in the Vicinity of Leela. They could just spray us with Teflon Gas or the lantien Holocaust Equivalent. Gased...Dead.

5. Stealth Around the City: Sensors...Beep! Beep! Shot.

6. Find the ZPM. Then what?

7. Make it Back to The PJ & hope that it's not been comandeered by Asuran troops whilst we've been gone.

8. Dial the Gate, hope somebody doesn't raise the Iris in the Asuran Control room.

9. Fly into Space: get shot down by Drones or Other PJs, then what? Fly for 100 lightyears to the next Gate? 100+ years? Ouch!

10. Err... Hope that Nobody was Switched with an Asuran Spy in SGA Personell form?... :S

You see?! Hopeless... We'd get Pwned, Owned & then have our Assurans handed to us...

thenimf
April 15th, 2006, 09:33 PM
As far as I can tell, we have no way of gaining any kind of tactical advantage over them... until tptb present evidence otherwise. We'll be owned the moment we dial in... unless of course we send in a RC jumper with a Mark 9/10 naquadria enhanced nuke? Although I don't really see the point... :P

rising-solid
April 15th, 2006, 10:41 PM
crap we really made the Asurans city-ship and it ZPMS making factory because back in the milky way we are being invade by the ori and we made to fight them off

Lightbane
April 15th, 2006, 11:24 PM
No chance of storming the ship, the Orion may be albe to penetrate the City-Ships shielding but then the Shields are energy repulsing and the Drones are not Energy based, they are physically soild objects so they may pass through the ships shielding

and also the stargate will have a shield no chance of entrance and also if you do get in, you'll be destroyed b4 you have chance to react

Aki
April 16th, 2006, 01:14 AM
u know, why dont we use the daedy to detect energy signature matching the ZPM and beam it and run the hell out of the place? IT would only take couple of seconds.

TheCaptain
April 16th, 2006, 02:36 AM
Absolutely not, at least at the start of the season. We need to gauge the strength of this enemy, and gather tech together that can properly deal with it before just goin in there guns-ablazin'.

If the Atlantis expedition did that, with or without the Daedalus and th Orion supporting the assault, they'd be swept aside with minimum losses inflicted on the Asurans - of that I have little doubt.

Capt

talyn2k5
April 16th, 2006, 03:42 PM
If the Asurans are like the human form Replicators then any bullets we fire at them will just go straight through.
Can`t just get the Asgard to build us some more disruptors cos
1. They wouldn`t do that just so we can steal ZPMs from the Asurans
2. That would be crossing over tech, which TPTB have already demonstrated their reluctance to do with Zats/Staffs.
3. It would just make it all too easy and would just be 'sister show saves the day!'

I think having the presence of ZPMs there but just out of reach for the whole season will be good. It`ll give them something to aim for like in S1 they needed to find a ZPM to allow them to communicate with Earth. Now they`ll be after some sort of tech which will allow them to steal ZPMs from the Asurans.
Or maybe the Asurans want something and if the Atlantis expedition can find it, they will give them a ZPM.
Either way it will give the season some purpose which was sorely lacking in S2.

freyr's mother
April 16th, 2006, 05:13 PM
1.) Install multiple asgard sensor arrays on the daedalus so more than one object can be beamed at one time.

2.) Adapt a cloak to the daedalus from one of the pj's.

3.) Travel through hyperspace to asuran homeworld.

4.) Cloak

5.) Beam every last asuran out of the city and into space, starting with the ones in the control room. (this would work b/c we can beam through atlantis' shields)

6.) Beam a clean up team down to deactivate any lockdown

7.) Take the city back to lantia.

Puddle Jumper 1
April 16th, 2006, 05:51 PM
Whats The one thing that can get through Atlantian Sheilds?

Beaming Tecnology

As soon as th Asurans Reach atlantis Daedalus will probably just beam a nuke upto it KABOOOOOM we win :D

Steve_the_Wraith
April 16th, 2006, 05:51 PM
1.) Install multiple asgard sensor arrays on the daedalus so more than one object can be beamed at one time.

4.) Cloak

5.) Beam every last asuran out of the city and into space, starting with the ones in the control room. (this would work b/c we can beam through atlantis' shields)

They can beam through the Atlantis shield? Because the Odyssesy can't eve beam through a Ha'taks shield - and I think Atlantis is a bit more advanced

freyr's mother
April 16th, 2006, 05:58 PM
They can beam through the Atlantis shield? Because the Odyssesy can't eve beam through a Ha'taks shield - and I think Atlantis is a bit more advanced

Hey i'm working with what TPTB give us here.

Puddle Jumper 1
April 16th, 2006, 06:03 PM
Remember when caldwell beamed sheppard through the atlantis sheild? and when they beamed the nuke through the sheild?

freyr's mother
April 16th, 2006, 06:12 PM
Remember when caldwell beamed sheppard through the atlantis sheild? and when they beamed the nuke through the sheild?

Everything except for the nuke. They also beamed Ford through atlantis' shield.

Steve_the_Wraith
April 17th, 2006, 03:57 AM
But the Wraith ships had already left or been destroyed by then so there's no reason to assume the shield was still up

Plus if the Wraith can jam teleporters he more advanced Asurans should be able to

XxDark-LordxX
April 17th, 2006, 12:20 PM
wrong wrong wrong... we get a few distrupter thingies... send a few drones through the stargate to take out the shield... and go in shooting the hell out of the damned *******s...

has anyone tried an emp on the replicators btw... i mean the emp killed the nanovirus that were killing em in hot zone... and the asurans are basicaly alot of nanoviruses put togather

freyr's mother
April 17th, 2006, 12:30 PM
wrong wrong wrong... we get a few distrupter thingies... send a few drones through the stargate to take out the shield... and go in shooting the hell out of the damned *******s...

has anyone tried an emp on the replicators btw... i mean the emp killed the nanovirus that were killing em in hot zone... and the asurans are basicaly alot of nanoviruses put togather

So you are saying that you want to blow up a nuke in their atmosphere. I think they'll have the shield up well before the daedalus is even ready to fire a shot.

AtlantisForever
April 17th, 2006, 03:38 PM
this is what i could do... they dont nothing about the beaming tech we have so id Tele all the people into space or on there planet far away ... then teleport the city in to space then tele on then do a runner with it..

NakedJehutyV2
April 17th, 2006, 03:44 PM
ya'll are presuming that the asurans (who are basically human replicator clones of lantians) don't know how to counter beaming. one way or another

freyr's mother
April 17th, 2006, 03:51 PM
this is what i could do... they dont nothing about the beaming tech we have so id Tele all the people into space or on there planet far away ... then teleport the city in to space then tele on then do a runner with it..

What do you mean by runner?

AtlantisForever
April 17th, 2006, 04:11 PM
as in runner i mean do a legga (Quickly go into hyperspace)

freyr's mother
April 17th, 2006, 04:19 PM
as in runner i mean do a legga (Quickly go into hyperspace)
Okay. It would prevent any serious attack on the daedalus would it not?

AtlantisForever
April 17th, 2006, 04:29 PM
well thats were the Cloak comes in handy.. like ppl have said take the Cloak Generator and put as Deady's Sheild to make into Cloak like they did on Atlantis and go very close to the atmosphere if ur gonna say they can detect it maybe they can make it so they cannot even detect it

freyr's mother
April 17th, 2006, 04:31 PM
They would be able to detect it in hyperspace.

XxDark-LordxX
April 17th, 2006, 04:42 PM
guys guys... didnt u listen? drone through gate shield... take out shield generator... send emp thingy through... and go in with the distrupters and take out the rest... then we'd have hundreds of zpms and drones.... and we could help the MW

freyr's mother
April 17th, 2006, 04:44 PM
guys guys... didnt u listen? drone through gate shield... take out shield generator... send emp thingy through... and go in with the distrupters and take out the rest... then we'd have hundreds of zpms and drones.... and we could help the MW

I don't think you get it. Were trying to minimize collateral damage to the city and it's systems, while just getting rid of it's inhabitants.

lord O'neill
April 17th, 2006, 05:06 PM
guys have u forgotten about a part in the spoilers

But Niam is not like Oberoth. He is one of a few among them who still wishes to imitate his creators, to reach ascension......Niam believes that the only way it is possible is for Dr. McKay to do what they themselves are unable to do, and which the Lantians long ago refused to do: rewrite their aggressive nature out of their base code.He wishes to quell a rage that is built into his very nature.:mckay:

Sauron18
April 17th, 2006, 09:18 PM

But Niam is not like Oberoth. He is one of a few among them who still wishes to imitate his creators, to reach ascension......Niam believes that the only way it is possible is for Dr. McKay to do what they themselves are unable to do, and which the Lantians long ago refused to do: rewrite their aggressive nature out of their base code.He wishes to quell a rage that is built into his very nature.:mckay:

If he fails then, we'll Dakarize them ;)

Steve_the_Wraith
April 18th, 2006, 06:07 AM
Won't work - shield like the iris stops matter re-integrating - ie by the time the drone reaches the shield its not a drone anymore

Steve_the_Wraith
April 18th, 2006, 06:12 AM

He'll probably fail - there's no point in neutering the new enemy on the first encounter

From a story point of view if the Asurans want to Ascend they'll first have to learn to deal with their anger - not simply have it removed but learn to control it

creed462
April 18th, 2006, 08:42 AM
He'll probably fail - there's no point in neutering the new enemy on the first encounter

From a story point of view if the Asurans want to Ascend they'll first have to learn to deal with their anger - not simply have it removed but learn to control it
Exactly. How often in the scifi have they addressed that to take away the aggressive part causes more harm then good

Steve_the_Wraith
April 18th, 2006, 09:18 AM
Exactly. How often in the scifi have they addressed that to take away the aggressive part causes more harm then good
Right, just look what happened when they tried to "fix" the Wraith. Hopefully they've learned the lesson by now

Metonic
April 19th, 2006, 09:47 PM
Disrupter Satilites just like in SG1 since we don't have to worry about the Replicators in Sg1 they can take them from the alpha.. or beta.. or that other site.

Iguana775
April 20th, 2006, 10:09 AM
I seriously doubt the Asurans would have much trouble defending themselves from the Atlantis expedition.

Mirel
April 21st, 2006, 12:53 PM
The Asurans attack Atlantis! :(
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/Mirel/dump/explosie.jpg

photoshopped

Mirel
April 22nd, 2006, 03:06 PM
Trying to pull a ****ing joke but no-one is posting anymore, sigh

nemisis
April 22nd, 2006, 03:50 PM
Trying to pull a ****ing joke but no-one is posting anymore, sigh

lol nnnnnnnnnnnnno atlantis

nemisis
April 22nd, 2006, 03:57 PM

4.) Cloak

cool

nemisis
April 22nd, 2006, 04:02 PM

koll

NakedJehutyV2
April 25th, 2006, 12:53 AM
the only reason they where able to beam through atlantis' shields is cuz they know the frequency. they don't know the asuran city frequency

freyr's mother
April 25th, 2006, 12:24 PM
the only reason they where able to beam through atlantis' shields is cuz they know the frequency. they don't know the asuran city frequency

But would it really be that different from the shields of atlantis?

HirogenGater
April 26th, 2006, 08:38 AM
I don't think Atlantis should do anything until they learn more about this new race.

Spooks99
April 27th, 2006, 10:39 PM
Um, all strategic considerations aside, how would this make us any different than the Genii? We'd be even worse, really, because the Asurans (as far as I understand from spoilers) built their own city and ZPMs--all that actually belongs to them. Maybe if they're just occupying an Ancient city, since they were clearly hostile with the Ancients...then it would be more like taking the city back from the Ancients' enemies.

And I guess if they tried to destory Atlantis we'd be justified in striking back. Even then, though, unless the city is Ancient and not built by the Asurans, and even if it were strategically feasible, I think trying to steal what isn't ours is morally dubious. Something like a ZPM is fine--it's not a weapon, it's just a glorified battery, and from the sound of it, they have plenty of them anyways. Plus, it's technology we're already familiar with, and in desperate need of.

I'm not sure why the idea of stealing bothers me more than blowing up hostile aliens. I guess it just seems too NID. It blurs the line, you know?

LORD MONK
April 27th, 2006, 11:11 PM
I'm going to go with getting the Asgard to upload a beam to shut off the Huminaids so we can fire it through the gate to their cityand then then go in and lout the place.