This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate the Movie... Galaxy Related?

Hey, im not sure where abouts this should be posted but i just had the obsession to watch the stargate movie - While watching it i noticed some things thats really stand out from todays episodes, but one thing i would really like to know

OK first is that During the movie they open up their first wormhole to another planet during theyre tracking someone announces that the orb thingy they sent through is being tracked into another galaxy.
    was this a just a one time expedition to another galaxy without a ZPM? if i would like to see a series ending i would like to see it end on the planet they first visited. some twist that brings them back to the beginning.

i also would like to add that also adding in a story towards jacks son who has passed on, some sort of acient story???

Comment

There are many inconsistancies between the movie and the television show, as far as canonicity goes the television show is considered canon and the movie not, or in some opinions the movie is an alternate reality.
      I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

Originally posted by aussie
        Hey, im not sure where abouts this should be posted but i just had the obsession to watch the stargate movie - While watching it i noticed some things thats really stand out from todays episodes, but one thing i would really like to know

OK first is that During the movie they open up their first wormhole to another planet during theyre tracking someone announces that the orb thingy they sent through is being tracked into another galaxy.
        was this a just a one time expedition to another galaxy without a ZPM? if i would like to see a series ending i would like to see it end on the planet they first visited. some twist that brings them back to the beginning.
        The planet they went to was Abydos. They visited it quite a bit in SG-1 until Anubis essentially destroyed it at the end of Season 6.

Comment

this is the biggest plothole their is, and has been discussed before
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by aussie
            if i would like to see a series ending i would like to see it end on the planet they first visited. some twist that brings them back to the beginning.
            Full Circle was intended to end the series (like Lost City, like Moebius) hence the name. But they got renewed.
            School is overrated.

Comment

In the movie they went to Abydos, they thought it was at the other end of the known universe. It turns out that it's one of the nearest Stargates to Earth, but because of stellar drift, we miscalculated its position.

As for Jack's son, it was something started in the movie, and resolved in the first season.

He shot himself with Jack's service revolver and as a result, Jack retired. When he was reactivated, he agreed to lead the expedition to Abydos because he was certain it would be a suicide mission. Of course, it didn't turn out to be so.

Since the suicide is something that was resolved early on, it wasn't brought up much in the show.

The discrepancy between Abydos' position in the movie and in the show was addressed in the first hour of "Children of the Gods," the pilot episode of SG-1.

Comment

Working...
              X