This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who should play wonder Woman?

Joss whedon is working on a script for a Wonder woman movie. who do youm think should play the title role? My vote Morena Baccarrin.
    Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Morena's not a bad choice, but I'd like to see Charisma Carpenter get it.
    It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Someone that has worked with Joss is a good start

Comment

I think I read an interview where Evangeline Lilly expressed an interest in playing Wonder Woman. She'd be my first choice but Morena Baccarrin or Charisma Carpenter wouldn't be bad choices either.

Comment

I think Liz Vassey would be perfect. In case nobody knows who I'm talking about, she was in The Tick and Maximum Bob.

Comment

Amanda Tapping.
            Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

I think Katherine Zeta-Jones has the look.....well, using Lynda Carter as the standard, I guess. Beyond that, I don't really know. I hate to see realative unknowns or mid majors take superhero roles. It's kind of anticlimactic for me. I guess if you want actors who will stick with the franchise, though, that's what you have to do. You never know when a big star will feel like a sequel is beneath them or a waste of their time. Angelina Jolie would look great in the WW suit.

Comment

Chyna!

lol j/k I'd love to see Charisma Carpenter playing Wonder Woman

Comment

Robin Tunney
                  Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

My vote goes to Morena Baccarin. If anybody could pull off a lasso and star-spangled hot pants it would be her.

Comment

Well, for me, the three requirements would be:

>Tall
                      >Muscular - no Mischa 'Snaps in a strong wind' Bartons please.
                      >Genuinely ethnic in appearance - a lot of people tend to forget that Diana isn't American, she's Greek. So casting someone that *looks* Greek would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuallain
                        Well, for me, the three requirements would be:

>Tall
                        >Muscular - no Mischa 'Snaps in a strong wind' Bartons please.
                        >Genuinely ethnic in appearance - a lot of people tend to forget that Diana isn't American, she's Greek. So casting someone that *looks* Greek would be nice.
                        Alexa Davalos then

Comment

Well, personally, I agree with Lynda Carter on this. She's said that she feels that the actress should be an unknown like she was at the premiere of Wonder Woman in the 70s. None of the actresses named so far are nowhere near as statuesque as Lynda was and continues to be today.

I also hope Lynda comes back in some capacity. She said she'd be more than willing to be in the movie as long as it wasn't just a bit part that she was doing. I hope that she's incorporated in some way.
                          Click here for Lynda's People magazine article!
                          Last edited by LtColCarter; 14 April 2006, 07:18 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Lynda Carter is still dreamy and in fairly good shape...I say bring her back.

I mean, it's Wonder WOMAN...not Wonder Girl, not Wonder Dawson's Creek, not Wonder Everwood.

Now i know it's unrealistic to expect LC to play the lead, but I would like to see an adult female that looks like an adult female playing the role.

As mentioned above...not twigs. She's always been portrayed as muscular and busty and tall and not at all TWIGLIKE, and that's generally not a body form that hollywood likes to put on the screen, so it'll be interesting to see who is eventually cast.

I agree i'd like to see an unknown get the nod.
                            Thanks!
                            Jordan

my page
                            My LJ
                            From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

I've always thought that Morena Baccarin would be a great choice... She's still largely unknown... outside of Firefly fandom and her part in Serenity was not exactly big.
                              She has all the classic features I associate with Wonder Woman... Beautiful dark hair... regal, exotic looks and more importantly, she can act... (She came pretty close to looking Amazonian in Serenity )
                              The only thing going against her is her size/height... I've always had the impression that WW should be slightly statuesque. At least that's the mythos we've been given about the Amazonians.
                              sigpic
                              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Working...
                              X