This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project arcturus

Does anyone think that the ori have mastered project arcturus and are using that to power their ships?

It could explain the power of their beam weapons and their overly powerful shields..and the strange circular light in the centre of their ships that operate as a power source....

Heck, i know that Dr. Zolinka said that it was completely random whern it came to particle emmisions, but the ori have had a few thousand years in ascended form to work on it....

Wouldnt mind your thoughts on this....
    O'Neil: Sorry, i was just finishing up on a lovely brunch!
    Baal: Impudence
    O'Neil:No, Tuna!

I doubt it. Honestly I don't think the shields or beam weapon are overly powerful. In fact I don't think their beam weapon is as powerful as that of the ancient defense satellite. The shields are probably no better than what Atlantis has either and probably not even that good. As far as the power source, that I don't know. But I don't think it was the project from Trinity.

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar28
      I doubt it. Honestly I don't think the shields or beam weapon are overly powerful. In fact I don't think their beam weapon is as powerful as that of the ancient defense satellite. The shields are probably no better than what Atlantis has either and probably not even that good. As far as the power source, that I don't know. But I don't think it was the project from Trinity.

That is project arcturus

Comment

well the power is simlar to trinity but does thet mean we blow up 5/6 of a solar system when we kill one ship

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Yeah I don't think the Ori perfected this form of power. Wasn't it determined that drawing energy from real space was quite impossible and extremely dangerous since one could not predict the energy levels and all? Something about how the energy field was creating new forms of molecules or and stuff.

Comment

Well, it does help if you are ascended........

Comment

Hey, Da Vikster, you're sig image is way too big.

a time to mourn

Comment

hmm it's possible but my guess is it's something different
                maybe draws power from another universe

and on a different note, project arcturus could still be very valuable to us
                McKay said the containment chamber was designed to automatically
                compensate for any sudden changes in energy output
                if we can learn how to construct a similar system we could use naquadria
                generators to power our ships.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Charmed One
                  Yeah I don't think the Ori perfected this form of power. Wasn't it determined that drawing energy from real space was quite impossible and extremely dangerous since one could not predict the energy levels and all? Something about how the energy field was creating new forms of molecules or and stuff.
                  It created new kinds of subatomic particles. It was only deduced by zelennka, mckay and mkaybe some ancients that this power source was unstable, but im sure the ori could have found a way around it.

Best Stargate quote:
                  Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                  Green is your friend.

Comment

You're assuming that A) there IS a way around it and B) that the Ori spent the effort to research it further. Remember, being ascended doesn't automatically grant you all the knowledge of the universe.

Comment

I really dont think that it matters if you are ascended or not, that power is impossible to master, that was explained in Trinity, and if it is possible on another plain, that means nothing for the toilet ships, they cant use tech from another plain, and if they did the ancients would intervein.
                      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Extracting ZPE from this universe (Arcturus) is destined to end in disaster.

It is naturally unstable and will fail (and kill whoever's operating it). Not even the Ori can acchieve the impossible. New and exotic particles are created in the containment field which are impossible to predict. The containment will fail.

Comment

That is the first think i thought and posted when i see the ORI ships. I believe it is completely possible they are using some form of this enegery or possible a similar version they draws enegery in the same way a regular ZPM does but with the containment system of the Arcturus. Instead of having it stored in a ZPM like we have now.
                          "A man with a gun is a citizen, a man without a gun is a subject"

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith Scientist
                            Extracting ZPE from this universe (Arcturus) is destined to end in disaster.

It is naturally unstable and will fail (and kill whoever's operating it). Not even the Ori can acchieve the impossible. New and exotic particles are created in the containment field which are impossible to predict. The containment will fail.
                            They may have been impossible for 21st century physics to predict but not for the Ori who might have the complete Theory of Everything. It is also possible that Zelenka was refering to the problem not being impossible but simply to difficult to compute. If the Ori have more advanced computing technology (which is likely) that wouldn't be a problem for them.
                            "If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them." - Isaac Asimov

Comment

It was apparently impossible for the ANCIENTS to predict too, not just 21st century earth physics. I'm quite sure they had perfected the grand unified theory but they still weren't able to do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X