This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Court Martial..or in this case Disiplinary action for Dr. Weir

I just saw episode 20, and so many stupid decisions on Weirs behalf is just Napoleonic in its scope and of course it wouldn't be any show otherwise.
    So I'm just hoping she will be transfered to earth in the next episode and stand trial, found guilty and sent to prison for the rest of a couple of episodes and then make a magnificent return and fix all that's been messed up since she was gone. ARRRGH!!!
    SIGH!!!!!

"This will go to history" said William at Hastings

yeah, lets court martial a civilian....

Comment

Umm...yeah...."Dr." isn't a military rank...just so you know...
      Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

yep, fraid you can only court martial military officers
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hey hey....Napolean had a reason for stupid decisions....he had a woman he was concerned about giving the world too. Weir has no woman or man, her decisions stupid cause they are.

But you can't court martial her...she's civilian. But she could be up for some type of trial to determine if she's fit to continue with her duties as leader of the expedition, but the trial could be private, similar in 'Intruder' with the promotion of John.

The military leaders, and judicial, executive officers with the President would probably start interviews with all parties of importance. Shep, McKay, Teyla, Lorne, Zelenka, Ronon, and what not....the thing is they all support her. So she'll probably be reinstated and back to doing what she does.

I think her leadership should be divided with an introduction of another person. Almost like BSG did with the introduction of Admiral Helena Cain. Obviously Shep is not enough to get his point across as he takes direct orders from Weir, and Caldwell is not there all the time, so.... And no one else with a scientist syndrome which causes problems with their rationality like Carson, McKay, or Zelenka.

VB
          Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Well, since in s3
            Spoiler:
            Woolsey is coming to Atlantis in Season 3, you may get your wish...sort of
            Last edited by Madeleine; 14 April 2006, 10:51 PM.

Comment

can't court martial a civilian

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                Well, since
                Spoiler:

I hear it's only 5 eps...I think I need more than that to think that the same or similar awful mistakes don't happen again. Why do I get an awful feeling in the pit of my stomach there will be
                Spoiler:
                WW=Woolsey/Weir shippers!

VB

Comment

Out of general interest, I don't suppose someone could list the specific decisions that they would trial her for.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                    Out of general interest, I don't suppose someone could list the specific decisions that they would trial her for.
                    Out of S2? There are a few. ShadowMaat<----posted a pretty good statement, which I share.

My main concern (although the other's annoyed me)....
                    Michael---straight up!

Spoiler:
                    I have stated this before, why bring Michael to base? Please don't state because it had better facilities. Let's rewind to 'The Gift' Carson said to Teyla they dont' have sufficient equipment to do detailed tests. And let's say since then they've gotten more equipment because of the Daedy. In 'Instinct' and 'Runner' he got what he needed and did the tests off base.

Now let's fast forward in Michael, when 'Michael' became a threat to the base; which he actually was from the beginning. Euipment and able bodies were transported off world immediately so that the injections could proceed.

Now let's go back to the first point....why in the hell bring the enemy back to base when you know he's a threat and your worst enemy; riskign the lives of the people who are not only your colleagues but also the lives of people you've already caused the displacement of since the moment you and your expedition step foot in the galaxy?!

Carson clearly stated in past eps that the retrovirus is just a test he's working on and not in fact. We had already seen what the Wraith can do to us and we had actually fooled them into believe we're no long around. Now we underestimate the threat because of our own arrogance and put the heads of our people under a guillotine; when later they go off world to do their tests.

I have heard people say, 'Oh, Carson did say he was pushing it.' Carson is not the leader with the final decision. Carson could also say he thinks we should buy more meatloaf than spaghetti but it means nothing, since Weir is the leader and she makes any and ALL final decisions.

Then people mention Shep. Sure Shep is to blame to an extent. Weir again is his CO--or his boss. He answers only to Weir unless a threat to Atlantis and if Caldwell isnt' around he still answers to Weir and himself. Weir doesn't answer to anything of Shep. So again she made this decision of bringing Michael to Atlantis.

Then having Michael roam the halls... John was against it, keep in mind Heightmeyer and CArson are not leaders...and Michael was bound to remember anyway. But Weir again over rules him and lets Michael roam picking up intel as he went with pretty much a lack luster military party---can't make him feel like the enemy?!

So we have two. I could go into Allies and what not..but you know what?! That's just the domino affect resulting. At the point of not killing Michael as Ronon suggested before sending Michael to Alpha Site, then the rest was bound to happen in one form or another. Although there could be people who may argu otherwise.

VB

Comment

I personally think people are being way to hard on Weir.
                      I don't think when she took the job to go to Atlantis that it came with a hand book, there fore there's bound to be alot trial and error.
                      It's so much easier to criticize as an obsever than being a paticipant.
                      Yes Weir has made a few silly/stupid mistakes and decisions but that whats makes her human and shows the civillian side of her character.
                      Though she's trained in diplomacy, it still does'nt make her imperviuos to mistakes or bad decisions. Even the most well trainned person can succumb to it.
                      I'm sure alot of us has done or made alot of stupid mistaks/decision whilst in foreign country or enviroment. So imagine this on a galaxtic scale.

Personally I'm really enjoying how her character is developing since season 1
                      If Atlantis does go as long as SG-1 and Weir is still in charge, and is still makes stupid decision then I might have revise my opinion. But for now I shall stand by and defend Weir
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by travis
                        I personally think people are being way to hard on Weir.
                        I don't think when she took the job to go to Atlantis that it came with a hand book, there fore there's bound to be alot trial and error.
                        It's so much easier to criticize as an obsever than being a paticipant.
                        Yes Weir has made a few silly/stupid mistakes and decisions but that whats makes her human and shows the civillian side of her character.
                        Though she's trained in diplomacy, it still does'nt make her imperviuos to mistakes or bad decisions. Even the most well trainned person can succumb to it.
                        I'm sure alot of us has done or made alot of stupid mistaks/decision whilst in foreign country or enviroment. So imagine this on a galaxtic scale.

Personally I'm really enjoying how her character is developing since season 1
                        If Atlantis does go as long as SG-1 and Weir is still in charge, and is still makes stupid decision then I might have revise my opinion. But for now I shall stand by and defend Weir
                        But this has nothing to do with humanity. Her being human and of course falliable can be seen in CM and none of us blame her for her decisions in CM, do we? I don't hold that against her; as I had mentioned before I thought CM was hehr best episode. As for Allies, unlike most people, I do see her position...this was a domino affect there was no where else to go. It was a damned if you do, a damned if you don't, which stemmed from Michael.

My problem and where there is no one being too hard on her, she was straight up stupid in doing it... was allowing them to bring the Wraith test specimen back to Atlantis! That is my main problem...and I can't see how any one can defend that decision.

Carson stated clearly this was a test and there was no proof Michael would be human for the long hall. People were against Michael roaming Atlantis, at all, I'm sure a few of them were against the mission just by seeing Shep's face in 'Michael'.

And yet he was brought to base at the risk of hundreds of lives. That doesn't need a handbook or anything...purely common sense and leadership skills, that supposedly Weir has. She should have known it was a bad idea and that an alternative base was needed, in the beginning; if the tests had to be done, were of utmost importance!!

The lives of the people she leads and the lives that are under her protection since they bloody well showed up and skewed the Pegasus Galaxy should have been forefront..and anything going wrong with our strongest enemy under our roof---would have been on my mind as it should have been hers.

But because he was brought to Atlantis ....she was disastrously wrong, where now two...not one, two galaxies are possibly at jeopardy. You just have to toss your hands up and say...'Where did the brains go?'

VB
                        Last edited by vaberella; 13 April 2006, 12:48 AM.

Comment

With the michael episode, I don't think the plan was for him to find out about being a wraith and if ronan had kept his hands to himself, I dont think michael would of suspected anything. But I do agree that bringing him into atlantis was a bad idea, maybe the alpha site would of been a better place to administer the retrovirus. Someone saying about "the gift" where they didn't have enough equipment, after they got the zpm, they were able to use a lot more lantian equipment because of the extra power. Also when returning from earth I suspect they brought back fresh supplies including more equipment medical or otherwise. Weir shouldn't be sacked for her decision to test the retrovirus (which im sure kavinllaugh would point out is in violation of the geneva convention, but as sheppard said in an earlier ep, if the wraith had been at the geneva conventation, they would of fed on everybody).

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                            Well, since
                            Spoiler:
                            This really calmed me down (then I haven't spent all this time being cheated of my life.

As to say that she's an civilian and would not be court matialed is a just a matter of definition: just as Bush never would bring a Afghanian CIVILIAN terrorist to any court (especially a civilian, 'cause Bush is att WAR against terrorism (and the struggle aganst the Wraith is what?) so for pettiness sake) just forget all International law and lock'em up at the Guantanamo concentration camp.

It is the strongest who writes the history said William at Hastings

Comment

I'm sure there will be some sort of inquiry into leadership in Atlantis,
                              Spoiler:
                              Woolsey is appearing in an episode

Perfect opportunity to give us a terrific clip show.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Working...
                              X