This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shields

As far as I have noticed in the SG universe then Atlantis shield was the strongest one (keeping in mind that Atlantis was under constant bombardment from many hive ships for many years), so why haven't Asgard&SGC tried to figure out how to upgrade the Asgard shield tech to that level - if I remember correctly Asgard have quite a power aviable to their ships (something about neutrino generators even on 'old' Beliskner class ships if I remember correctly).
    And even if they couldn't make them as strong as original Atlantis shield (I can imagine that power requirements for that shield, if put under heavy stress is HUGE), but at least they could make something better.

Another thought I have was about Aurora class ships shields (Orion is Aurora class?) - that ship is powered by more 'raw' form of energy - not the good battery like ZPM, so - maybe Asgard could incorporate Aurora class shields in O'Neil class ship?

Anyone else had a thoughts about shields?

P.S. Has anyone tried to calculate the 'capacity' of ZPM?

Originally posted by Thinker
    As far as I have noticed in the SG universe then Atlantis shield was the strongest one (keeping in mind that Atlantis was under constant bombardment from many hive ships for many years), so why haven't Asgard&SGC tried to figure out how to upgrade the Asgard shield tech to that level - if I remember correctly Asgard have quite a power aviable to their ships (something about neutrino generators even on 'old' Beliskner class ships if I remember correctly).
    And even if they couldn't make them as strong as original Atlantis shield (I can imagine that power requirements for that shield, if put under heavy stress is HUGE), but at least they could make something better.

Another thought I have was about Aurora class ships shields (Orion is Aurora class?) - that ship is powered by more 'raw' form of energy - not the good battery like ZPM, so - maybe Asgard could incorporate Aurora class shields in O'Neil class ship?

Anyone else had a thoughts about shields?

P.S. Has anyone tried to calculate the 'capacity' of ZPM?
    It's just about impossible to calculate the capacity of a ZPM because of the incontinuity issues that TPTB keep giving us problems with.

Please use the existing thread on Shields.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Thinker
      As far as I have noticed in the SG universe then Atlantis shield was the strongest one (keeping in mind that Atlantis was under constant bombardment from many hive ships for many years), so why haven't Asgard&SGC tried to figure out how to upgrade the Asgard shield tech to that level
      They probably are trying. I doubt it's all that easy. The Ancients were light years ahead of everyone else.
      An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

b/c the asgard are dee-dee-dee( for those who dont watch mind of mecia)(stoopid..).....i must tell them wut 2 do they need anceint sheild n drones wont hurt eaither
        Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
        Anime signature in spoiler tag
        Spoiler:
        Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

Maybe the shields on an O’Neill class Asgard warship are as powerful as those found on the Aurora class vessels. After all, the shield strength of the Ancient warships has yet to be proven. Maybe in season 3 we will find out.

Comment

Working...
          X