PDA

View Full Version : The Asurans

jash
March 9th, 2006, 09:01 PM
Did I miss something? Who are the Asurans? Have we met them or are we gonna meet them soon?

March 9th, 2006, 09:26 PM
It would probably be worth remembering that there's a whole website attached to this board.
http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s3/3x2.shtml

Peoples_General
March 9th, 2006, 10:58 PM
Did I miss something? Who are the Asurans? Have we met them or are we gonna meet them soon?

There's other treads about them. There's one that has Asurans connected to Hindu mythology.

AtlantisForever
March 10th, 2006, 01:15 AM
there the new bad guy's there the pro-type of the Repucator's there were created by the Lantian's but they got out of hand they took a fleet of Warship's and almost destroyed them.. so they hate the lantian's and they find out that we live in Atlantis so they take there Flyin City to atlantis to destroy there creator's (Im guessin they found Plan's for the StarGate / Atlantis type city etc)

NakedJehutyV2
April 4th, 2006, 05:59 PM
if these asuran guys are them then how the hell do they beat newer alterran tech?

Dylan Deltoran
April 4th, 2006, 06:01 PM
good ol' human ingenuity...at least...I hope so...

freyr's mother
April 4th, 2006, 06:02 PM
They'll prolly find a way around it, maybe cloak the city because the Asurans dont know atlantis isnt on another planet, or that our expedition has adapted a cloak.

NakedJehutyV2
April 4th, 2006, 06:08 PM
they know everything bout alterran tech EVERYTHING. like ori. it'll be very interesting how they will be as an enemy. evil alterran replicator like dudes. awesome. maybe toilet ship vs asuran?

The Ori
April 5th, 2006, 01:39 AM
I think the story line for "Progeny", is unbelievable. SG-1 normally has two main enemies so it's only natural that Atlantis does. They do look inincible, but I do hope that the team can get sum ZPM's and we can see sum cool stuff in Atlantis turning on!

FallenAngelII
April 5th, 2006, 02:41 AM
they know everything bout alterran tech EVERYTHING. like ori. it'll be very interesting how they will be as an enemy. evil alterran replicator like dudes. awesome. maybe toilet ship vs asuran?

The Ori know NOTHING (well, very little) about Ancient tech. Because the Ancients left the Ori galaxy millions of years ago. The Ori seemed to leave them alone. Then the plague came, they had to repopulate the galaxy and leave for Pegasus. The ones who had ascended were meaning shielding our galaxy from the Ori galaxy, so the Ori wouldn't know there were people over here (nor would they be able to see what Ancient tech was like today).

Then the Ancients went to Pegasus where they had yet another few million years to develop their tech.

So in conclusion, the Ori know very little about current Ancient tech.

The Prophet
April 5th, 2006, 05:35 AM
The Almighty Power of Deux Ex Machinas. You know you want it. :p

Prior_of_the_Ori
April 5th, 2006, 05:57 AM
Well regardless in terms of power i think it will still be:
Weakest: Genii < Goa'uld < Wraith < Asurans < Replicators < Ori : Strongest

Blitz
April 5th, 2006, 11:11 AM
The Almighty Power of Deux Ex Machinas. You know you want it. :p

You have no idea how BORED and fed up of that word I am now...one episode airs and its on EVERY fracking thread thats made.

ARGHHHHHHHH *runs in circles*

IcyNeko
April 5th, 2006, 11:46 AM
Well regardless in terms of power i think it will still be:
Genii > Goa'uld > Wraith > Asurans > Replicators > Ori

You inverted your power there... unless you're trying to say teh Geni'i are more powerful than the Ori.

Anyway, I don't agree with the ordering on the last two. While the Ori are powerful, they're ascended. They have priors, but the priors can be defeated. Replicators can adapt themselves to generate a prior-nullifying sound and then overwhelm with sheer numbers.

Replicator eatting an Orii ship? Oh dang!

The Prophet
April 5th, 2006, 12:25 PM
You have no idea how BORED and fed up of that word I am now...one episode airs and its on EVERY fracking thread thats made.

ARGHHHHHHHH *runs in circles*

It's a brilliant phrase! Deus Ex Machina! Fine, I'll say it differently, "God comes from the Machine!" Happy Now? It's less catchy... :(

Heck, Staragte is begining to use more "God comes from the Machines" more frequently now, sadly.

ARGHHHHHHHH *runs in squares*

Dylan Deltoran
April 5th, 2006, 01:22 PM
maybe if we get another ZPM they can turn on the anti-asurian disruptor :p...a more advanced version of the disruptor to kill the replicators...

Happy_Gate
April 5th, 2006, 01:26 PM
maybe if we get another ZPM they can turn on the anti-asurian disruptor :p...a more advanced version of the disruptor to kill the replicators...
that's assuming asurians and replicators are alike. Personally, I wouldn't want them to be killed off to easily. Where would the fun be? :jack_new_anime06:

Prior_of_the_Ori
April 5th, 2006, 04:12 PM
You inverted your power there... unless you're trying to say teh Geni'i are more powerful than the Ori.

Anyway, I don't agree with the ordering on the last two. While the Ori are powerful, they're ascended. They have priors, but the priors can be defeated. Replicators can adapt themselves to generate a prior-nullifying sound and then overwhelm with sheer numbers.

Replicator eatting an Orii ship? Oh dang!

Oops my mistake.

True but in the end the Ori are the leaders of this enemy race so cant really count them out of the equation. Just saying in a general list of enemies it would seem like that.

Dylan Deltoran
April 5th, 2006, 04:42 PM
that's assuming asurians and replicators are alike. Personally, I wouldn't want them to be killed off to easily. Where would the fun be? :jack_new_anime06:

Well, I didnt say they'd get a ZPM right away and be able to nail the Asurians the second they go into Lantian orbit...but...maybe...of course, you're right, the Asurians are probably way different from the reps...

Sauron18
April 12th, 2006, 12:02 PM
Anyone else thinks these guys are gonna be really cool?

I mean, it's the replicators, without their clumsiness, and with the technology of the Ancients. I can't wait to see them in action.

PS: On a side note, the name of their leader, Oberoth, seems kinda similar to Oberon no? Coincidence?

generaloneill
April 12th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Anyone else thinks these guys are gonna be really cool?

I mean, it's the replicators, without their clumsiness, and with the technology of the Ancients. I can't wait to see them in action.

PS: On a side note, the name of their leader, Oberoth, seems kinda similar to Oberon no? Coincidence?

since when have the replicators been clumsy? i have never noticed the replicators being clumsy.:sam:

Lord Anubis
April 12th, 2006, 12:13 PM
I never was actually keen on the replicators in sg1 but i have to say these asurans sound pretty cool. Cant wait to see a city all powered up it will be cool. As they have lots and lots of ZPM modules i wonder it will convince Weir to explore more of our city and to see if they can build our own. I doubt we wont find out until season 4/5 (if they get this far, hopefully yes and further) i will also like to see what a city can do all powered up who else? (i know it can fly)

Do you think that these Asurans are in league with the Wraith?

The Prophet
April 12th, 2006, 12:18 PM
Well,if Oberoth = Oberon = Midsummer's Night Dream = Dreams = Crazy Dementia = The Real World?

The Real Wordl's the episode after Progeny, & it deals with Weir's "insane" dreams of Atlantis & the Stargate Program, but it's all a fluke designed possibly by the Asurans.

Only a thoight mind you...

freyr's mother
April 12th, 2006, 12:32 PM
I never was actually keen on the replicators in sg1 but i have to say these asurans sound pretty cool. Cant wait to see a city all powered up it will be cool. As they have lots and lots of ZPM modules i wonder it will convince Weir to explore more of our city and to see if they can build our own. I doubt we wont find out until season 4/5 (if they get this far, hopefully yes and further) i will also like to see what a city can do all powered up who else? (i know it can fly)

Do you think that these Asurans are in league with the Wraith?

I dont think so. I think i remember the spoilers saying that the Asurans were made as a way to defeat the wraith. Something about evolving from those Hot Zone nanite viruses.

Lord Anubis
April 12th, 2006, 12:36 PM
I dont think so. I think i remember the spoilers saying that the Asurans were made as a way to defeat the wraith. Something about evolving from those Hot Zone nanite viruses.

My mistake but would be cool though if they said instead of fighting their enemy they became allies

metroid
April 12th, 2006, 12:53 PM
Scary possibility!

An asuran breaks down his form and enters your body, it reforms and you explode!

Nah, just joking. I'm sure the Asurans will be cool baddies for awhile

Aither
April 12th, 2006, 01:10 PM
No, they are not the Replicators.
But, yes, I think the Asurans will be cool.

mckaychick
April 12th, 2006, 01:42 PM
I think they will be cool

Chutzpah
April 12th, 2006, 01:47 PM
I think they have the potential to be the coolest enemy in both series.

Sauron18
April 12th, 2006, 03:08 PM
I still think the Ori are cooler, in many ways, but I like them anyways

Mattathias2.0
April 12th, 2006, 03:30 PM
These Asuans do seem quite cool... but the similarities to the Replicators is still boring.

Mattathias

Sauron18
April 12th, 2006, 08:22 PM
When I said "clumsy", I meant as in very low tech in comparisson, made of boxy blocks.

The Asurans are more perfect than the most perfect replicators, and have the power of the Ancients at their hands.

I hope we see a fleet of Lantian/Asuran Warships next to the City

Also, the descriptions of Oberoth and Niam seem oddly like those of First and Fifth respectively.

(someone had previousley mentioned the First one, but I just noticed the FIfth)

Aither
April 13th, 2006, 06:33 AM
Also, the descriptions of Oberoth and Niam seem oddly like those of First and Fifth respectively.
Unless Niam attempts to get Atlantis' team's confidence for Asurans' own purposes.

There is something wrong. Why are the Asurans unable to rewrite themselves their base code ?

Sauron18
April 13th, 2006, 06:46 PM
Well, originally fifth wasn't all that bad, but I don't really like the fifth and first being oberoth and narim.

Lightbane
April 14th, 2006, 09:09 PM
you guys are forgeting that the replicators are all dead, unless of course some escaped the galaxy in time, they used that Stargate Beam weapon thing on Takara, the one that opened ALL the stargates in the galaxy and wiped out ALL the replicators in the galaxy, they realigned the weapon to take out the replicators

Sauron18
April 14th, 2006, 09:24 PM
We aren't forgetting that, were not even really considering they survived.

What we are talking about is the Asurans, who carry a great resemblance to human form replicators, except they don't have the "blocky" technology that the replicators had, but rather the power of the Lantians, City-Ships, Warships, ZPM's. You name it.

Lightbane
April 15th, 2006, 01:31 AM
But still the replicators are dead because the asurans aren't replicators they may be LIKE them but they aren't them

Jakebbq
April 15th, 2006, 01:58 AM
get o'niell's replicator disintigrator, connect it to the ZPM and use it to wipe out or get infomation out of the asurians like how to build drones and make ZPM's

Lightbane
April 15th, 2006, 03:39 AM
the Asurans have had a few thousand years to develop a defense against this weapon i think they will have solved it by now

Primus Commander Woden
April 15th, 2006, 04:15 AM
Would it not be possible to use the Tokra mind reading things like they did on one of Anuvis's Super Soldiers on one of these Asurans? not only find out how to build anything they want but also find a way to destroy them..

However thiswould result in a cross over episode which i personally dont mind.

wolverine_nl
April 15th, 2006, 04:30 AM
Would it not be possible to use the Tokra mind reading things like they did on one of Anuvis's Super Soldiers on one of these Asurans? not only find out how to build anything they want but also find a way to destroy them..

uhmm what ? :daniel23:
Have you seen an Asuran yet? Do you know if one is easy to catch? It probably doesn't have a human brain, or something similar, so how is this going to work?
:mckay:

Lightbane
April 15th, 2006, 04:42 AM

they are replicator like who said they would have a organic brain?

wolverine_nl
April 15th, 2006, 05:42 AM
they are replicator like who said they would have a organic brain?
indeed :tealc:

Aither
April 15th, 2006, 07:53 AM
you guys are forgeting that the replicators are all dead, unless of course some escaped the galaxy in time, they used that Stargate Beam weapon thing on Takara, the one that opened ALL the stargates in the galaxy and wiped out ALL the replicators in the galaxy, they realigned the weapon to take out the replicators
And you forget this was not the weapon on Dakara which opened all the stargates at the same time.

wolverine_nl
April 15th, 2006, 03:57 PM
And you forget this was not the weapon on Dakara which opened all the stargates at the same time.
The fat Goa'uld who served under Baa'l (forgot his name) did that, the Dakara weapon just beamed the planet's surface and that beam also went through the stargate and wiped them all out, except for solarsystems without stargates.

Prior_of_the_Ori
April 15th, 2006, 05:56 PM
And it looks like from the end that RepliCarter was using the stargate to spread her forces. Would make sense considering she has Carters memories and would recognise the efficiency in using the stargate instead of replicators moving after each world is taken.

As for the 'fat goa'uld' i think his name was Nerus. Spelling might be off abit.

Lightbane
April 15th, 2006, 10:18 PM

no i didn't forget, the beam weapon opened up all the stargates connected to the Dakara gate and destroyed all the replicators in the systems that have a stargate and as far as the writters are concerned all of the replicators came to the Milky Way, and were in sectors with a stargate thus = total destruction of the replicators

TheCaptain
April 15th, 2006, 10:18 PM
I can't believe this... all this coolness coming up in both series', and we have to wait until JULY?

It's just not fair! :( :p

But anyway, yes I think the fact that these Asurans are meant to be imitation-ancients - at least in their un-ascended form - but with a bit of a ruthless, brutal streak, could also prove to be very interesting. These guys are going to be awesome, if written up to their fullest potential as I'm sure TPTB will do :)

Capt

Lightbane
April 15th, 2006, 10:26 PM
hehe true i can't wait for this either, thank the lord for downloads, my network is soooo inept that The Siege Part III still hasn't aired same with BSG

TheCaptain
April 15th, 2006, 10:37 PM
hehe true i can't wait for this either, thank the lord for downloads, my network is soooo inept that The Siege Part III still hasn't aired same with BSG
lol yep, know how you feel. I've been putting up with Channel7's delays since the first-runs of SG-1 season1, and only found the way around it halfway through last year - such a RELIEF to get Atlantis S2 and SG1 S9 just after they've actually been broadcast! :)

Capt

wolverine_nl
April 16th, 2006, 04:11 AM
Here in Holland (Netherlands) they are still in Season 6 or 7 of SG-1 and Atlantis hasn't been aired yet :daniel09:

Can't wait for the Asurans, they also say on the gateworld homepage that S3 is going to include more character development, hopefully not to many shippingthings:mckay:

TheCaptain
April 16th, 2006, 05:55 AM
Here in Holland (Netherlands) they are still in Season 6 or 7 of SG-1 and Atlantis hasn't been aired yet :daniel09:

Can't wait for the Asurans, they also say on the gateworld homepage that S3 is going to include more character development, hopefully not to many shippingthings:mckay:
Woah, that IS bad :(. At least we have S8 of SG1 and S1 of Atlantis aired in Oz ;)

Yes, with this new foe to face AND the increased character development, it promises to be an exciting season to come - we just have to hope TPTB come through, in their way. I don't really think we'll be seein much shipping, at least amongst the main cast of characters - but maybe some hinted ships, to keep the diehards gleeful :p

Capt

wolverine_nl
April 16th, 2006, 06:00 AM
- but maybe some hinted ships, to keep the diehards gleeful :p

Capt
Yes indeed :tealc: just for conversation/discussion, to make people curious if there are going to be more hints along in the season.

TheCaptain
April 16th, 2006, 06:37 AM
Yes indeed :tealc: just for conversation/discussion, to make people curious if there are going to be more hints along in the season.
Well, how many hinted ships ARE there? It's insanity! ;)

Everybody's doing everybody else. Jealousy must be rampant if we keep readin into all the 'hidden ships' that are bounced around. There's probably a bit too much of that going on already, but hey they like the formula they have so it seems, so it'll continue on I'm sure.

Capt