PDA

View Full Version : Torchwood References Speculations

The Signal
April 12th, 2006, 11:28 AM
Okay, heres the idea, we guess where the word "Torchwood" will come up in the episodes for S2. I know of one The castle in Tooth and Claw is called Torchwood

As for my guesses, I reckon the school in School Reunion will be Torchwood High, and in one episode we will probably get something like "Torchwood FM" to go along with "BadWolf TV" of S1. Any other ideas?

Willow'sCat
April 12th, 2006, 08:18 PM
Okay, heres the idea, we guess where the word "Torchwood" will come up in the episodes for S2. I know of one The castle in Tooth and Claw is called Torchwood

As for my guesses, I reckon the school in School Reunion will be Torchwood High, and in one episode we will probably get something like "Torchwood FM" to go along with "BadWolf TV" of S1. Any other ideas?I have to say I never got the Bad Wolf thing I still look at it and ponder. :tealcanime49: Maybe this time instead of the graffiti on the T.A.R.D.I.S we will have it on K-9! Torchwood was here. :p

The Signal
April 15th, 2006, 01:08 PM
Was there one in New Earth? Didnt catch it if there was :S

Missster.Freeman
April 15th, 2006, 01:14 PM
I'm not sure either. I always miss things during the first-watch. :S I've taped it, so I'll have to go through it second by second to see if there's any references.

Reefgirl
April 15th, 2006, 02:59 PM
I'm not sure either. I always miss things during the first-watch. :S I've taped it, so I'll have to go through it second by second to see if there's any references.

Folks on another site say there was a Torchwood reference on it but I can't see it, but then I missed a lot of the Bad Wolf ones too

The Signal
April 15th, 2006, 03:00 PM
Which site?

Eye Of Ra
April 16th, 2006, 09:54 AM
Tourchwood is a spin off show to doctor who plus it's got captain jack in it

The Signal
April 16th, 2006, 11:35 AM
Ya dont say! We know that much, but what this topic is for is references to Torchwood in S2/28 of Doctor Who, it is this years Bad Wolf.

Willow'sCat
April 16th, 2006, 05:39 PM
Ya dont say! We know that much, but what this topic is for is references to Torchwood in S2/28 of Doctor Who, it is this years Bad Wolf.Well I watched it but for the life of me I couldn't see or hear any reference, you are sure it is not meant to be Bad Wolf still?... Moon on the side of the hospital and a whole episode featuring a werewolf thingy. Russell never said what it was going to be, just that he was going to go with the idea again this series. It maybe something completely different. ;)

The Signal
April 17th, 2006, 02:43 AM
He said it was a new arc, and while he didnt say that it was Torchwood, he did say that the word had already been mentioned in S1/27 and that it was an anagram, Torchwood is an anagram of Doctor Who, and was mentioned in Bad Wolf (one of the questions on the weakest link) and since we know it is gnna crop up Torchwood estate in the next one, and I believe Tracy Anne Oberman (Crissie in Eastenders) plays the leader of a powerful organsisation, ring any bells?

Metarock Sam
April 17th, 2006, 03:27 PM
Perhaps it was mouthed by one of the deseased clones like bad wolf was mouthed by the Nestene conciousness in Rose.

Willow'sCat
April 17th, 2006, 10:42 PM
OK so where was it in "New Earth"? :tomato:

Reefgirl
April 18th, 2006, 12:04 AM
Which site?
h2g2 http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2

Willow'sCat
April 18th, 2006, 12:32 AM
h2g2 http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2I went there and just got confused. I did like the platypus thing. ;)

Reefgirl
April 18th, 2006, 01:52 AM
It's supposed to be an Earth edition of The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, the book from the book, people write about factual things about Life, The Universe and Everything, I've written 2 pieces about The Cambridge Spies and the Ghosts of Haslar Hospital and I updated the piece about SG-1. Apart from that it's a great place to chat, play games and hang out, the DR Who part of it is good too, but they can get a little overly critical

Willow'sCat
April 18th, 2006, 02:14 AM
It's supposed to be an Earth edition of The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, the book from the book, people write about factual things about Life, The Universe and Everything, I've written 2 pieces about The Cambridge Spies and the Ghosts of Haslar Hospital and I updated the piece about SG-1. Apart from that it's a great place to chat, play games and hang out, the DR Who part of it is good too, but they can get a little overly criticalYou misunderstood me, I understood what the site was about; I just couldn't find the reference you made mention of, the thing with a link is you normally link to the info not to the whole site. I got confused as to why you didn't link to the info/reference. ;)

The Signal
April 18th, 2006, 03:55 AM
No I couldnt find it either.

Reefgirl
April 18th, 2006, 04:55 AM
Sorry you have to search for it but here it is http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/brunel/A655256 all relevent conversations are found at the bottom of the page

Willow'sCat
April 22nd, 2006, 12:17 AM
Sorry you have to search for it but here it is http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/brunel/A655256 all relevent conversations are found at the bottom of the pageMan some people read far too much into things. :cool: Oh and that little sojourn made me sad for Dr who fandom everywhere. :( Just MHO. :cool:

I am still none the wiser :confused: is it "Bad Wolf" or "Torchwood" or something else? I watched "New Earth" again and still nothing struck me as being related... guess I am just slow. :mckay: *we are just slow* :p

Reefgirl
April 22nd, 2006, 01:09 AM
Man some people read far too much into things. :cool: Oh and that little sojourn made me sad for Dr who fandom everywhere. :( Just MHO. :cool:

I've often said people on that site should look at RL occationally. At least you can have a proper 'fan' discussion here without being looked down on as some kind of Moron

Willow'sCat
April 22nd, 2006, 05:53 AM
I've often said people on that site should look at RL occationally. At least you can have a proper 'fan' discussion here without being looked down on as some kind of MoronI don't know about that; I look down on people here, I just don't tell them. :p :D

I still need to know if there is a "Torchwood" reference this series. So no one has been on OPG? I would have thought they would be wild with speculation. I have been avoiding it because they are not so good with the spoilers IMO. I really want to remain Dr Who spoiler free, well as much as is humanly possible while looking at the trailers. ;)

The Signal
April 22nd, 2006, 12:13 PM
Anyone catch it this week? I didnt quite but I dunno if someone did :P Okay, blindingly obvious this week, and I get me the shivers when QV was talking about it.

Naonak
April 22nd, 2006, 12:17 PM
Gah, you beat me to it!!!
Pretty ungrateful isn't she - they save her life, so she sets up Torchwood to get rid of them if they come back.

Why is there no thread yet for the episode in the Season 2 area?

Missster.Freeman
April 22nd, 2006, 12:17 PM
hehe. I did. The beginning was a dead give-away. The name of the highland estate by any chance?

Tirant
April 22nd, 2006, 12:18 PM
At least we now know how and when the Institute was created lol

The Signal
April 22nd, 2006, 12:22 PM
They do this thing, they make them weeks in advance, then hide them like they do with out of control threads, one of the mods will let it out asap.

Reefgirl
April 24th, 2006, 05:11 AM
Gah, you beat me to it!!!
Pretty ungrateful isn't she - they save her life, so she sets up Torchwood to get rid of them if they come back.

Ah but that could have been the Wolf talking if she was bitten, a lot of weird things go on in our Royal Family

pbellosom
April 25th, 2006, 11:20 AM
There was a Torchwood reference in next weeks Tardisode, does that count?

Reefgirl
April 25th, 2006, 01:54 PM
There was a Torchwood episode in next weeks Tardisode, does that count?
I think the School is called Torchwood

The Signal
April 26th, 2006, 09:13 AM
I think the School is called Torchwood
I thought so too, but its called "Deffry Vale"

We know there are going to be references as RTD has said so himself in the TaC commentary, maybe the one in the Tardisode is all we're gonna get :(

Reefgirl
April 26th, 2006, 09:56 AM
Maybe it's going to be a watch-out-for-the-reference-bad-wolf-like

Flyboy
April 29th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Now I loved todays Torchwood reference. It wasd actually in context and not just randomly stuck somwhere. I'm very glad.

The Signal
April 29th, 2006, 01:20 PM
Well, what do we think for next weeks episode? The ship is 51st century*hopes for referance to Captain Jack* Im guessing that Torchwood is still around at that point, so maybe it is owned or funded by Torchwood. Thats just my guess

Reefgirl
April 29th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Maybe someone's name is Torchwood

Reefgirl
April 29th, 2006, 01:34 PM
The ship is 51st century*hopes for referance to Captain Jack*
He's reading bedtime stories on CBeebies next week

Flyboy
April 29th, 2006, 01:36 PM
Well, what do we think for next weeks episode? The ship is 51st century*hopes for referance to Captain Jack* Im guessing that Torchwood is still around at that point, so maybe it is owned or funded by Torchwood. Thats just my guess
Oh I do hope not. Really. Torchwood does not need to be in EVERY episode. Only present day ones, or not to distant future. But a 51st century ship? Oh dear no...

The Signal
April 29th, 2006, 01:40 PM
Dont forget, Torchwood was mentioned in "Bad Wolf" as a general knowledge question that was in the year 200,000 or so, so it stands to reason that the oganisation was around for a long time, so 51st century isnt that far-fetched, and I think its gonna be in most eps ala Bad Wolf (which was in all of the stories last year)

Metarock Sam
April 29th, 2006, 01:54 PM
it was in todays episode as a popup blocking information as Torchwood Classified.

The Signal
May 13th, 2006, 02:29 PM
We are blessed. 2 on tonights episode, once on Rose's phone wen she was checking out the broadcast. The second was at the party when Pete asked his unseen friend how things were at Torchwood. So, in that reality Torchwood is a more public organisation, so has this world been effected by aliens and had no help from the Doctor? Or did the events of Tooth and Claw just go differently in this universe, making Torchwood less secretive? I have a funny feeling we will find out next week.

Naonak
May 13th, 2006, 02:34 PM
The first reference in 'Rise of the Cybermen' (on Rose's phone) was really good, but I didn't really like the second one. I thought it was a bit too obvious - I prefer the more subtle Torchwood and Bad Wolf references.

Flyboy
May 13th, 2006, 03:14 PM
What exactly was the one on her phone? I missed it.

Wraith Scientist
May 14th, 2006, 01:21 AM
Rose is listening to the news on her phone. The annoncer says something like: "In other news, the Torchwood Institute has published a report into ... " (Rose turns off her phone)

Flyboy
May 14th, 2006, 04:15 AM
Thanks!

I'd green you but apparently I've greened you too much and must "spread it around" before greening you again!

Metarock Sam
May 14th, 2006, 05:07 AM
LOL you might aswell run around going Greens, Greens for everyone !!

iLemon
May 14th, 2006, 09:00 AM
Rose is listening to the news on her phone. The annoncer says something like: "In other news, the Torchwood Institute has published a report into ... " (Rose turns off her phone)
How thick can she get? How many times has it been now that we've seen/heard the Torchwood reference? You'd think they would be starting to catch on now :rolleyes:

The Signal
May 14th, 2006, 09:52 AM
How thick can she get? How many times has it been now that we've seen/heard the Torchwood reference? You'd think they would be starting to catch on now :rolleyes:
To be fair she has only come across it once before, and that was Torchwood house. Mickey has seen it while searching for information, and we saw it when Harriet Jones was organising to have the weapon activated in TCI.

Flyboy
May 28th, 2006, 07:10 AM
Well In "The Idiot's Lantern" the police carting away the Faceless Victims mentioned "having Torchwood on our backs". The orders from above were definitely from Torchwood. Theys eem to have their fingers everywhere and are definitely watching what's going on. Unfortunatly... it seems they're also fairly crap. The sort of organisation that says "oh dear this is a crisis" and clears up the mess instead of arresting the litterer.

Willow'sCat
May 29th, 2006, 11:06 PM
How thick can she get? How many times has it been now that we've seen/heard the Torchwood reference? You'd think they would be starting to catch on now You know I thought the same thing but then she is fairly self absorb :cool: it is still all about her, and she is also easily distracted. :rolleyes: And of course I think The Doctor is more then aware of what is going on. ;)

Flyboy
June 10th, 2006, 12:57 PM
The research team was part of "The Torchwood Archive"!!!!! WHat could this mean!? I kept expecting the Captain to file a report saying that they'd met "The Doctor" and Torchwood MIB's being all "hmmm"

The Signal
June 10th, 2006, 01:02 PM
Torchwood archives? So they were gathering info for Torchwood... really didnt see that coming... [/sarcasm]

Oh, and there was a little playful one last week (Im paraphrasing here)

Doctor: Lets shed some light on the situation. A torch would do it.

Note, if that wasnt said then let me know so I can kick the crap out of the person who put it on Wikipedia (yes I cheated on last weeks one)

Flyboy
June 10th, 2006, 01:04 PM
Yes but it wasnt Torchwood Insitute... it was the Torchwood Archive. THAT intrigues me.

Willow'sCat
June 11th, 2006, 03:52 AM
Yes but it wasnt Torchwood Insitute... it was the Torchwood Archive. THAT intrigues me.Well what year was it? Maybe by then they have a name change or they splinter off into different departments. Or maybe TW was aware that this beast was meant to be there but wanted it confirmed. Hence the archive reference. :S

Flyboy
June 11th, 2006, 12:59 PM
I have no idea about the year, but this slight deviation in standard Torchwood references interests me highly

I like the way theyre more obvious than bad wolf. its a much different type of phrase thats being used this time, because we KNOW who they are, but its meant to be ominous knowing that they're everywhere.

And YAY me, 1000th post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOO