This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replicators VS Willy Wonka and his Oompa Loompas

In honor of all the Replicators VS... threads, I thought we could examine how a battle would play out between one of SG-1's most dangerous enemies, and the World's greatest inventory and candy maker. Sure the replicators consume tons of advanced alien tech, but can they survive the unusual and Rube Goldburg-esque nature of Wonka's incredible candy technology?
    Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

No they can not.

The 5th can not win against Johnny Depp.

"ARRRG! My dry cleaning bill this month is over $10,000!"

Comment

Originally posted by 220683
      No they can not.

The 5th can not win against Johnny Depp.
      I was thinking of the original movie, but yes, once Tim Burton's rendition is released, the replicators might as well disassemble themselves.
      Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

The replicators would probably try and consume candy, have a sugar overload and become happy, peace loving beings.

Comment

replicator prolly end up being some of the ingrediants.. mmm beefy.. i na sorta chocolate metal sort of way
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Originally posted by Metonic
            replicator prolly end up being some of the ingrediants.. mmm beefy.. i na sorta chocolate metal sort of way
            I dunno...a Repli-Wonka Bar just might break your teeth.

Replicators vs. Willy Wonka & his Oompa Loompas? Will & the Replicators would cancel each other out. Oompa Loompas inherit the Earth!
            Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
            O'Neill: Who doesn't?
            - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
            - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
            once done, cannot be undone...
            brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

I bet if the replicators made music, it's be like 4x4 noise.

UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ *static*

Comment

Intruiging question. My money would have to be on Wonka, I'm sure he'd come up with a way to turn the Replicators into blueberrys or something. Better still, he could just give them all Fizzy-Lifting drinks and put them in that big room with the honkin' great fan at the top, which would disassemble them quite nicely.

One question, though: If the Replicators assemble themselves from the materials they consume, would that mean there would be chocolate Replicators wandering around?

Comment

Exactly. Then SG-1 can come by and eat them.

Comment

I'm sure the Replicators would defeat any high-tech candy out there. Hopefully SG-1 will come along with some really low-tech candy and thwart them yet again.
                    Carter: Navigation? O'Neill: Check. Carter: Oxygen, Pressure, Temperature Control?
                    O'Neill: Check. Carter: Internal Dampeners? O'Neill: Cool!, and Check. Carter: Engine?
                    O'Neill: All Check. O'Neill: Phasers? Carter: Sorry Sir.

Comment

The real question is: Do the Replicators prefer chocolate or hard-sugar candy?
                      Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                      O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                      - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                      - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                      once done, cannot be undone...
                      brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

I'd say Jawbreakers, no?

Comment

I'd be willing to guess that RepliCarter likes the chocolate, but I'm sure all the little spider guys are into pure sugar. As for Five, your guess is as good as mine.
                          Carter: Navigation? O'Neill: Check. Carter: Oxygen, Pressure, Temperature Control?
                          O'Neill: Check. Carter: Internal Dampeners? O'Neill: Cool!, and Check. Carter: Engine?
                          O'Neill: All Check. O'Neill: Phasers? Carter: Sorry Sir.

Comment

Now I want a chocoalte replicator to eat. I wonder if I can find a chocolatier who can make me one.

Comment

Ya know what would be a hot? A remote controlled replicator.

Comment

Working...
                              X