Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did The Wraith defeat the Lantians??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did The Wraith defeat the Lantians??

I know the Wraith Overwhelmed them by numbers and defeated them. But the question is if the Wraith Evolved they must of been weak to begin with. The Lantians must of had many ships so how come the Wraith was able to build so many Hive ships, cruisers, darts without the Lantians doing much. They must have a shipyard somewhere? If i was a Lantian and the Wraith started to feed on humans i would send Warships to destroy the ships they are building and kill the wraith from orbit. So how did the Wraith build so many ships. It takes time to build ships so it the Lantians plenty of time to find the shipyards and destroy them. Will we find out what happened and will we find a wraith ship yard?

Spoiler:
    did the asuarns help the Wraith build their ships

Originally posted by Lord Anubis
    I know the Wraith Overwhelmed them by numbers and defeated them. But the question is if the Wraith Evolved they must of been weak to begin with. The Lantians must of had many ships so how come the Wraith was able to build so many Hive ships, cruisers, darts without the Lantians doing much. They must have a shipyard somewhere? If i was a Lantian and the Wraith started to feed on humans i would send Warships to destroy the ships they are building and kill the wraith from orbit. So how did the Wraith build so many ships. It takes time to build ships so it the Lantians plenty of time to find the shipyards and destroy them. Will we find out what happened and will we find a wraith ship yard?

Spoiler:
    did the asuarns help the Wraith build their ships
    Interesting post. There is alot that has yet to be explained in SGA.
    Last edited by Lokii; 20 April 2006, 08:13 AM.
    WHAT DO YOU MEAN, NO BLUE JELLO?

Comment

Wraith Hive ships are organic in nature, so maybe the Wraith grew their ships?

Comment

Yes i know that but still it would of taken a while to grow them (the outer casing must be an alloy so they would of had to build that)

Comment

We don't know what the outer alloy is. It could be anything. Possibly crystalline.... in which case it could take seconds to grow (a la Tok'Ra tunnel crystals).

Comment

It does seem the Wraith have been painted as a sort of primitive race. the only thing to prove their technological advancment is their ships. Maybe it's a cause of the thousands of years of warring with eachother over food "humans", that has caused them to regress. As they are portrayed now, I just cant see a bunch of wrait working in a factory buliding ships or cities. I would love for it to turn out that the wraith have a more intelligent group of leaders behind the background, possibly on a home planet or planet of origin and these more intelligent leaders may still be sleeping, that or some kind of revolution may have taken place and there are other classes of wraith, and these we have seen so far are just the warrior/ harvesting class. Either way TPTB have alot of options since they have been so shady up to this point regarding the Wraith background. I'm hoping they manage to get it right

Comment

Didn't we have this in another forum?

Comment

ye i jus wanna see if they go into the background on how they were able to build a fleet of ships without the Lantians doing anything. Maybe they were allies and the Lantians did not know they fed on humans. The Wraith just tricked them like they did to Weir/ Sheppard etc. But maybe the Lantians where too smart for them to do that. It would be cool if it was like there is a higher structure in the Wraith.

Any other suggestions how they built there fleet or how they actually defeated the Lantians (by building a massive fleet)

Comment

Magnets!
                  sigpic
                  I am Zim, Irken Invader Zim. I am responsible for the safe obliteration of the human race, not you!' - Zim - Invader Zim
                  'Don't worry, officer. You are in a filthy Earth brain hospital. Your feelings are normal. There's a squid brain in your head! ' - Zim - Invader Zim
                  'Now, to unleash screaming temporal doom! ' - Zim -Invader Zim

Comment

Wraith won by an onslaught of attacks in large numbers, the ancients simply couldn't build drones / defences fast enough when the wraith attacked
                    Blam Forums - The Internet Has Landed

Comment

Ye i know that they were defeated by so many wraith. But the question is the Lantians must of detected them building a fleet or know that the wriath were feeding on humans. So therefore the wraith had to build a fleet so why didnt the Lantians kill them when they were building the fleet at their weakest

Comment

The Wraith ships are organic, maybe they are easyer e faster to build

btw: Wraith ships can "heal" itselfs?

Comment

i know they can heal themselves quicker. but they would need to get the resources from somewhere.

come on people can more people post i think it is an interesting post and over 100 of you have seen this put in your thought

Comment

There is obviously something that is yet to be revealed that allowed the Wraith to evolve to the point technologically that they were able to rival the Ancients. I mean to be able to amass that kind of army and technology right under the noses of the Ancients means that somebody or something must have aided them. For the Wraith to actively exist in any massive amount of numbers means that they would have had to of been traveling to other planets to feed. This means that the Ancients should have been on to them fairly early on considering that they were watching over the planets in the Pegasus galaxy, and presumably their inhabitants who would have been disappearing in alarming numbers.

Comment

They probably just underestimated them until it was too late.

Comment

Working...
                              X