PDA

View Full Version : The Alpha Site ?!?

Jedi_Master_Bra'tac
April 12th, 2006, 05:11 AM
Who knew about the Gateworld alpha site? (http://gateworldalphasite.com/) I just found out about it.

The Signal
April 12th, 2006, 05:20 AM
Yup I knew about it, its a backup just incase this place goes down.

TheWarrior
April 12th, 2006, 05:55 AM
Indeed - I think I knew about GateworldAlphaSite when it was first designed. Its a good idea to have a backup site to let people know of any trouble etc and then link them to the Yahoo Group for Gateworld messages.

Trek_Girl42
April 12th, 2006, 10:57 AM
Neat. I never knew.....

The Signal
April 12th, 2006, 01:56 PM
Theres a little forum too :D

PG15
April 12th, 2006, 02:20 PM
Hehe, it's kinda cute. :D I only found out a few weeks ago.

TameFarrar
April 12th, 2006, 08:50 PM
we have even used the chat feature over on the Yahoo site...that was fun too :D

The Signal
April 13th, 2006, 12:47 PM
Cant beat the real VBulletin boards though :D

Dotus5
April 15th, 2006, 08:25 PM
Wasn't it created when the servers kept diying out a year or so ago? It was funny seeing a bunch of us huddled on the Yahoo site.

Tiret
April 16th, 2006, 04:47 PM
Nope, I was not aware. Of course I'm still new around here! But anyhow, cool. ;)

Pharaoh Atem
April 16th, 2006, 05:19 PM
Who knew about the Gateworld alpha site? (http://gateworldalphasite.com/) I just found out about it.

thats been around before i even knew about the forums

i emailed assuming darren or david ect. althought i didn't know it at the time and there gave me the link to alpha site.

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
April 16th, 2006, 05:20 PM
Cant beat the real VBulletin boards though :D
Got that right

Oranos
April 17th, 2006, 03:36 PM
We have an alpha site? Okay, didn't know that.

Which brings up the point, does that mean we have a beta and gamma site too?
;)

PG15
April 17th, 2006, 07:04 PM
Yes we do. The Gamma site still has some bugs to work out, but it'll be ready soon. Hopefully.

*snicker*

Pharaoh Atem
April 17th, 2006, 08:45 PM
i knew about this before i joined the forums i sent a email (i'm assuming it went to darren)

beucase i was having troulbe getting on gateworld.net and there gave me the link

Pharaoh Atem
April 17th, 2006, 08:49 PM
above it was mentioned that there are a mini fourms on the alpha site but i don't see them did there get removed

jonno
April 18th, 2006, 03:17 AM
above it was mentioned that there are a mini fourms on the alpha site but i don't see them did there get removed

Nope they're still there ... look for a link in size 1 font right at the top of the alpha site page.

immhotep
April 18th, 2006, 04:57 AM
yeah i knew about this, although when GW goes south i usuallu just hang out at Event Horizon forums with owen, or at SGU's forum. or my own, or just ya know throw caution to the wind and go outside...the main site is cool but ive never used it, i just know its there kinda thing, same with the yahoo group.

Lord Zedd
April 18th, 2006, 09:40 AM
Theres a little forum too :DWhere is the GW Alpha forum. I don't see the forum you are speaking of?

But you perhaps might be saying there are small Stargate Forums if GateWorld should go down.

Jedi_Master_Bra'tac
April 18th, 2006, 09:44 AM
Where is the GW Alpha forum. I don't see the forum you are speaking of?

But you perhaps might be saying there are small Stargate Forums if GateWorld should go down.
It's a link i tiny writing at the top next to the picture

Lord Zedd
April 18th, 2006, 01:03 PM
I see it ! I found a topic that is a bit shocking to see at GateWorld that was post 2 days ago.

The Signal
April 18th, 2006, 02:48 PM
Yes we do. The Gamma site still has some bugs to work out, but it'll be ready soon. Hopefully.

*snicker*
very good lol, that gets green (yes Im very easily ammused :D)

darkyoshiwar
April 18th, 2006, 03:47 PM
I was about to say it selfdestructed but, I guess that wasn't what you were talking about. Hmm, If no one knows about the alpha site how would people know to go there when Gateworld goes down.

:hallowed:

andrelage
April 19th, 2006, 07:56 AM
I was about to say it selfdestructed but, I guess that wasn't what you were talking about. Hmm, If no one knows about the alpha site how would people know to go there when Gateworld goes down.

:hallowed:

they are probably sent their automatically

Darkstar
April 20th, 2006, 06:10 AM
they are probably sent their automatically

im pretty sure that people are not sent there automaticly, i was never when the GW forum went south for 2 days, but i have been aware of it since it was finished, i guess the only way to get new people to know is that the Mods PM everybody and tell them of it before the site goes awire, but that could be tricky, ig uess its for us to spread the word = word-mouth so to speak :D

thedude18
April 25th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Sweet, this is the first forum i've been to that has an Alpha site.

The Signal
May 13th, 2006, 05:37 AM
Looks like the Alpha site has gone down, I blame Jonas! Oh well, *dials beta site*

Jedi_Master_Bra'tac
May 13th, 2006, 06:23 AM
Looks like the Alpha site has gone down, I blame Jonas! Oh well, *dials beta site*
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
what do we do if GW goes down!

Darren
May 13th, 2006, 10:12 AM
I'm currently transferring registrars on the Alpha Site domain. It should sort itself out after Network Solutions gets off its fat, over-priced ###. ;)

Pharaoh Atem
May 13th, 2006, 04:21 PM
Could always use the gamma site little buggy but it should work

Jedi_Master_Bra'tac
May 14th, 2006, 02:17 AM
Could always use the gamma site little buggy but it should work
are you joking or is there actually a gamma site?

Pharaoh Atem
May 14th, 2006, 05:23 AM
[COLOR=Black]
are you joking or is there actually a gamma site?

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s9/917.shtml -read

in this epsiode ^ the gamma site was over run by bugs so yes it was a joke

Jedi_Master_Bra'tac
May 14th, 2006, 05:34 AM
[COLOR=Black]

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s9/917.shtml -read

in this epsiode ^ the gamma site was over run by bugs so yes it was a joke
oh right yeah i forgot about the bugs in this episode :lol: