Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The No, no a thousand times no Anti Doctor/Rose ship thread!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The No, no a thousand times no Anti Doctor/Rose ship thread!

I knew it would happen sooner or later...so this is the thread to say no to the ship talk.

The Doctor is not that kind of guy, er Timelord; as much as I like reading some fanfic with slight...very slight romantic overtones with The Doctor it is just wrong!

I can't be thinking of The Doctor getting it on with Rose! Ew!

Now I might be persuaded to slash him...but that is a whole other thread.
    Last edited by Willow'sCat; 11 April 2006, 11:02 PM.

Hey!
    Spoiler:
    They kiss in New Earth! & the spin-off Torchwood, is going to be a saucier version of Doctor Who style adventures!
    It just might happen!...
    Last edited by The Prophet; 13 April 2006, 03:14 AM.

Comment

Hey, if he's not entranced by that nummy accent and that cute little overbite, then the Doctor truly is an alien.

Or a eunuch.

An alien eunuch?
      Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
      I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
      What have these years left to me?
      Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

It wouldnt be so bad if the Doctor wasnt 870 years older.

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet
          Hey! in New Earth
          Spoiler:
          They kiss!
          & the spin-off Torchwood, is going to be a saucier version of Doctor Who style adventures! It just might happen!...
          Alright that is a spoiler! And we have no context for it anyway.

Originally posted by Thermonuclearboy
          An alien eunuch?
          The Doctor may not be a eunuch as such but he is Asexual. That is really my point, I don't want him to be a sexual being...it's wrong I tell you! Wrong!

Originally posted by TheAncient1
          It wouldnt be so bad if the Doctor wasnt 870 years older.
          Oh yes and very old, I mean really old. Plus he keeps changing next time he may even look his age then what?
          Last edited by Madeleine; 13 April 2006, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
            The Doctor may not be a eunuch as such but he is Asexual. That is really my point, I don't want him to be a sexual being...it's wrong I tell you! Wrong!
            Yeah, I pretty much have to agree.

The Doctor has always been asexual and it's good to have an asexual role model, especially in a society were we are bombarded with sexual imagery.

Comment

Alright that is a spoiler! And we have no context for it anyway.
              No, the spoiler would have been telling you
              Spoiler:
              they both had switched bodies with Sontarans moments before they did that.

And in the background Weird Al Yankovic's "I Think We're a Clone Now" was playing.
              Last edited by Madeleine; 13 April 2006, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
                No, the spoiler would have been telling you
                Spoiler:
                they both had switched bodies with Sontarans moments before they did that.

And in the background Weird Al Yankovic's "I Think We're a Clone Now" was playing.
                What? Covers ears and eyes, oh no too late.

I am not even sure I like the idea on a purely 'relationship' level. Rose is 19 or there abouts and we know The Doctor is older, much older but we also know Rose is not really that mature as a person, she is still finding her self, so to me it is even less appealing to "Shipp" them. The Doctor has all the power as they say in the relationship.

Plus. It just seems wrong. It is wrong!
                Last edited by Madeleine; 13 April 2006, 11:12 PM.

Comment

What? Covers ears and eyes, oh no too late.
                  Okay, use DASP's patented method for removing spoilers from your mind.

STEP 1: Visualize the event in vivid detail.

In this case...the Doctor and Rose are Sontarans.

With big floppy tongues.

And probic vents.

Making out.

STEP 2: Reach for bag and purge.

STEP 3: Curl yourself into a ball and rock yourself asleep.

STEP 4: Convince yourself it was all a dream and avoid thinking about it for fear of reliving the trauma.

I am not even sure I like the idea on a purely 'relationship' level. Rose is 19 or there abouts and we know The Doctor is older, much older but we also know Rose is not really that mature as a person, she is still finding her self, so to me it is even less appealing to "Shipp" them. The Doctor has all the power as they say in the relationship.
                  Real relationships are not about power.

Plus. It just seems wrong. It is wrong!
                  Not if they are two consenting Sontarans.

Comment

Because I personally do not want to spoiled
                    I will ask that if you do have a spoiler in your post please utilize teh spoiler tags

[ spoiler][/spoiler] (without the space)

I have just skimmed this so far and anything NOT aired in the US is a spoiler so I am not sure what is just malarky and what is a true spoiler so please be kind to your fellow members that do not want to be spoiled and follow the Forum Guidelines for Shows that are currently airing

Thanks
                    TameFarrar
                    gateWorld Staff
                    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                      I will ask that if you do have a spoiler in your post please utilize teh spoiler tags

[ spoiler][/spoiler] (without the space)

I have just skimmed this so far and anything NOT aired in the US is a spoiler so I am not sure what is just malarky and what is a true spoiler so please be kind to your fellow members that do not want to be spoiled and follow the Forum Guidelines for Shows that are currently airing

Thanks
                      TameFarrar
                      gateWorld Staff
                      Come clean you're just checking up on us. Ah, no spoilers the *sigh* just in case I am wrong, never happens.

Spoiler:
                      The kiss is in the trailers for Dr Who in the UK, I know there are spoiler rules and I know this forum is all about being in the US so I will keep that mind.

Comment

Have you tried my patented step-by-step process for forgetting spoilers?

Seriously though...the whole Doctor Who folder is terrible for spoilers.

Whenever I place something in spoiler brackets, someone replies to it in normal text.

People just blurt things out in the Doctor Who folder.
                        Captain Malarky, reporting for duty!

I was just joking about being spoiled once again, despite my attempts at avoiding spoilers.

I should create a fake spoiler thread to make fun.

Nahhh, that would never work.

Someone would just try to correct me and post real spoilers.

Comment

Have you tried my patented step-by-step process for forgetting spoilers?

Seriously though...the whole Doctor Who folder is terrible for spoilers.

Whenever I place something in spoiler brackets, someone replies to it in normal text.
                          Well I get the spoilers for UK eps yet to screen but not for other countries, well maybe Canada but no others...definitely not the US!

Comment

Well I get the spoilers for UK eps yet to screen but not for other countries, well maybe Canada but no others...definitely not the US!
                            I place spoiler tags when talking about the classic series as well.

I even annotate the season and story title, but someone invariably blurts it out.

Unless I am in a thread that obviously will contain spoilers by its very nature, I use spoiler tags.

And if it is a new episode, I use it even then.

Comment

I place spoiler tags when talking about the classic series as well. I even annotate the season and story title, but someone invariably blurts it out. Unless I am in a thread that obviously will contain spoilers by its very nature, I use spoiler tags. And if it is a new episode, I use it even then.
                              Well that just makes you *no not even I will say that on GW* I think putting tags for the classic series is a little over the top. I don't mind using tags for the new series but not forever.

Comment

Working...
                              X