X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ori plot (season 9 spoilers)

this entire thing is a spoiler so
    Spoiler:
    at the end of the fourth horseman pt.2 the ancient said that the ori were coming here not only to gain power but destroy the ancients. i have a question; would the ascended ori come here and Doci or would the priors be albe to destroy the ancients and how would they do it, my therey is that they captured merlins device and are going to use it agains the alterians.

so any thoughts?

The Ori are coming here to steal The Simpsons from us. They must be stopped.
    "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

If they want the Simpsons, they can have it. (no offense to Jack )

As for the original question,
      Spoiler:
      the Ori would only do it if they got enough power. As for the weapon made by Mierdin, I don't think that the Ori know about it. When they talk about destroy the Ancients, it would make sense that one being on a plane of existence would have the capability ot killing another one on that same plane.
      Or, at least as much sense as it possibly can.
      Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

yeah take the simpsons
        sigpic
        Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Take the Simpsons, give us back Futurama, and if you have time, Firefly and Angel! As for their plot, I doubt they know about Mierdin's device or they would have done something to stop us finding it by now. I think it must have something to do with ascended biengs being able to kill eachother.
          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
          - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Personally, I don't think that the Ori
            Spoiler:
            have Merlin's weapon. I think they plan on eliminating the Ancients by other means, perhaps something having to do with the power they zap from their followers.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Spoiler:
              I think the only thing stopping the Ori themselves form coming to our galxy os the Ancients. Orlin said that the more people who worship the ori, the more powerful they are, so as soon as they get enough from the people in the MW they will come to try and destroy the ancients
              Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
                If they want the Simpsons, they can have it. (no offense to Jack )

As for the original question,
                Spoiler:
                the Ori would only do it if they got enough power. As for the weapon made by Mierdin, I don't think that the Ori know about it. When they talk about destroy the Ancients, it would make sense that one being on a plane of existence would have the capability ot killing another one on that same plane.
                Or, at least as much sense as it possibly can.
                the ori can have the simpsons since it isn't as good as it used to be hope jack doesn't take offence at that and send some jaffa or a kull warrior after me lol.

Comment

I think the Ori prefer ascended being vs. ascended being, than the use of technology. Besides, they probably aren't willing to descend, merely to create a weapon, unless that is Adria's purpose.

Comment

I think that they want to destroy the concept of the Altearns. Meaning you notice that they have had a hand in the development of the societies that are in the Milkyway. Heck, they created basically all life in the Milkyway, so perhaps they feel that they need to rid the galaxy of any of the ideas the Altearns treasured. In their own galaxy you noticed that the people all live in the same type of village set up, do the same procedures everyday and never move beyond what they are. The Orii felt that control though their religion was the most important thing. The Altearns thought that expanding one's mind though science was the most important. So by riding themselves of anyone who is scientifically advanced, who uses technology (like the Jaffa staffs) that is Altearn related needs to be eliminated.

Who knows perhaps their plan is to take over the Milkyway, and then to move on Pegasus. They were in Daniel's head, surely they know that Atlantis still exists, and are perhaps afraid to take on that galaxy first because there are still so many that revere the Ancestors. Who knows that might be giving the Ancients power. Also they might not be able to attack the ancients because of living on a different plan of existence. Perhaps there is a plan that is higher than theirs and they might have a no fighting rule with those just below them. We might never know.

Comment

if they have that device they'd just turn it on and toss it into a stargate connected to the MW.

Comment

I don't see why the Ori would need Merlin's weapon(aka the Holy Grail) since they are already on the same plane as the Alterans so they can just come here and kick butt with themselves. Now that would be somethin ta see, all those lazy Alterans fighing the Ori in an all out grudge match.

Comment

I don't think the Ori have a weapon of some sort, I think that 'sucking' the power out of their followers will give them the slightest edge to defeat the Alterians, which is obviously why they need the worship from the Milky Way.
                          I can't see the humans, Jaffa, Wraith or Asgard defeating them, they are waaaaayyy to powerful, just look at
                          Spoiler:
                          The satellite they built out of crap technology which completely decimated earths ship.

The only way that I can see them being defeated is if the Alterians give some MW people powers to match the Priors and if they take on the Ori, or
                          Spoiler:
                          they get the holy grail working

Remember, if the Ori defeat the Alterians some how, then Anubis will be free again :O

Edit : Fixed incorrection person
                          Last edited by pleed; 14 April 2006, 04:15 PM.

Comment

You mean Anubis?
                            Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Does Anubis sap power from the human/Jaffa that worshipped him as a god the way the Ori does with their followers?

I'm assuming there is more than one Ori, so they all gotta share the power of their followers. Anubis is just one dude, but he probably didn't have as many worshippers as the Ori. If Anubis had succeed in implementing his "grand design" then he would have a whole galaxy worshipping him. He alone will suck up all that worshipping energy. Would he then become more powerful than the Ori one on one? Does the fact that he is only half ascended not give him this ability to soak up his worshipper's powers?
                              Last edited by SP90; 24 April 2006, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X