This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vulnerability in Wraith computer?

In Atlantis season finale, "Allies", the Wraith decide to hijack and download the gate addresses of many worlds, in both the Pegasus and Milky Way galaxies. Could the same virus be altered slightly and sent back to the wraith to corrupt the data and possibly hijack other systems, including theirs?
    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

It would be possible if we could isolate the virus and reprogram it. But since it's an AI, this is incredibly hard.

Comment

Easy, have Shep fly a Dart into the Hiveship and upload a Windows 95 operating system into the Wraith computers.
      http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
      http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

sneak onto a hive and find a computer terminal to download all their secrets. When it asks for a password just tickle the console (its organic) and make it giggle. It might feel kind then and let you in

"But the core of science fiction, is essance has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all..."

Dont let our show die.

Comment

Not sure it would be wise to do so. I mean the Wraith have shown some excellent computer warfare skills. And the last time we tried to use a computer virus weapon we ended up losing the gate system because the Goa'uld had better knowledge then Earth scientists.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

I was under the impression that the AI *killed* itself after doing what it needed to do. Besides, even if it could be transmitted back to the Wraith ship, the ships antiboties would kill it, those white blood cells are ruthless.

" A friend of mine once sent me a post card with a picture of the entire planet Earth taken from space. On the back it said, "Wish you were here." " --Steven Wright

--Does that sound familiar to anyone else?--

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori
              Not sure it would be wise to do so. I mean the Wraith have shown some excellent computer warfare skills. And the last time we tried to use a computer virus weapon we ended up losing the gate system because the Goa'uld had better knowledge then Earth scientists.
              We lost the gate network because Felger is a retard.

Originally posted by Rodan5757
              I was under the impression that the AI *killed* itself after doing what it needed to do.
              Why would it? It would act like an ancient computer if it stayed alive.. be able to respond to a Wraith's needs... etc and so forth.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko
                Why would it? It would act like an ancient computer if it stayed alive.. be able to respond to a Wraith's needs... etc and so forth.
                Well, it would so that the Atlantis team couldn't modify it and not notice it until the last possible second. If it were persistent it seems as though Zelenka would have seen what ithad done, faster then he had.

" A friend of mine once sent me a post card with a picture of the entire planet Earth taken from space. On the back it said, "Wish you were here." " --Steven Wright

--Does that sound familiar to anyone else?--

Comment

Working...
                X