X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HIPPAFORALKUS - a ship named after him?

Ok here is the defintion of under character's

HIPPAFORALKUS

Ancient general who was honored by a warship which was given his name.

What did this guy do? ya think we will find out?
    LoneWolf

Maybe next time, you'll just wait and see."
    "And blow my last chance of ever being right?" -- Jack and Jacob, Enemies

He was probably the Lantien General who discovered the Wraith & took them all out with him in a giant mess of a Wraithy/Lantien explosion that left there homeworld in a mess, that's why we'll never see there true homeworld, it was destroyed by an explosion akin to the destructive force of the Aurora.

My guess anyway, either that or he was a Fat Guy that his peers nickednamed Hippo. Then he Fell for a Drop Dead Gorgeuos Woman called Alkus. Then they named the ship "Hippo-for-Alkus" to spite him (as Ships to Lantiens are like trees) & McKay translated it wrong as Hippaforalkus. Also Alkus invented the Al'kesh, which the Goa'uld later stole.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonewolf
      What did this guy do? ya think we will find out?
      Obviously, something big enough to have him honored in such a way. As to the second question, I kind of doubt it.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

he probably did somthing big to get a name after him maybe we'll find out later

Comment

Mckay translated it wrong.

Hippaforalkus wasnt a general, just a REALLY good Alterran Rugby player.
          Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

We will never find out what he did to be honored like that, and i will say this Hippaforalkus is a much better name than the Orion. They could have even called it the Hippo for short.

Perfecto!

Comment

"Launch the Hippo" = I just mentally see a Hippo come out of hyperspace...weird imagery

"Launch the Hippaforalkus" = I see Mckay out of breath

"Launch the Orion" = I see Sheppards smirk

Hmm....I like the second but to long. Not keen on Orion or Hipp.

"Launch the Foralkus" < that one
              Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Wouldnt the ships history be in the Ancient database? Well at least its service until it was sent in for repairs.

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

Comment

Unless too many ships were destroyed at once so that it was difficult to keep track of which ones were operational. It would be easier to track ships in repair because they're not going anywhere.

Though, this could all be in the part of the Ancient Database in atlantis that they've yet to unveil.

Comment

Hippo ('Horse') + foralkus = ????

I think the first part is Latin (ex. Hippo + potoma = "Horse of the river")

Not sure about the rest...
                    Jack: I can't remember much, but I have these visions- A large man, with short sleeves and blue pants...

I think his name is...Homer, and he's very important to me...

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff
                      We will never find out what he did to be honored like that, and i will say this Hippaforalkus is a much better name than the Orion. They could have even called it the Hippo for short.
                      I agree. Orion is kind of dull. It would've been funny if they had kept Hippaforalkus.

Comment

I like Orion
                        Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
                          I like Orion
                          That's cool you like it. For me though, Orion is too generic sounding.
                          They should have called it the Wraith Buster 3000.

Comment

I liked Orion too. I still think we need a ship named Enterprise (we don't have to see it or use it, just hear it mentioned) but you know Paramount would sue. I don't know if they were have any legal ground though, since the name Enterprise goes back at least to the very early 18th century.
                            Wikipedia link for more info
                            • USS Enterprise, eight ships in the United States Navy carried the name USS Enterprise
                            • HMS Enterprise, fourteen ships of the Royal Navy have been named HMS Enterprise, HMS Enterprize or Enterprise
                            • L'Entreprise for the French ship that was captured and became the HMS Enterprise.
                            • Enterprise (steamboat), a privately-owned steamboat captained by Henry Miller Shreve
                            • Enterprise, one of the ships especially built for the upcoming China trade in the early 19th century, owned by the fur trader and multimillionaire John Jacob Astor of New York
                            • International Enterprise sailing dinghy.
                            • Enterprize (1829), an 1829-built schooner - Melbourne's tall ship
                            • Enterprise (balloon), a hot air balloon used by the Union Army during the American Civil War

Of course I suppose it's just as funny having various characters itching to name a ship that too.

Comment

Thy've probably Copywrited "HMS/L'/USS Enterprise/ze as a TV/Movie related name. Hnece why we've got two Trademarked/Copywrited/Registered Polos-

The Holey Polo Mint

The Volkswagon Polo

-Both Polos, both entirely unrelated objects, that's why we'd never have an HMS/L'?/USS Enterprise/ze in Television/Movie unless they were refering to the Actual ships, like if in WW3 Movies, they attacked the Enemy with the USS Enterprise/ze, that would most likely be unsueable... most likely of course.

Comment

Working...
                              X