Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The island is on another planet

OKay, just throwing around ideas...

The creaters already said that it is not a dream sequence... so what if the island is not actually on earth? It might explain why knowone has come to rescue them... could be something like the burmuda-triangle where ships and airplans dissapear off radars... the oceanic-airplane could have been sucked into an alternate universe or different planet as well... i mean the show is put under the sci-fi label... so it might as well be a Space, the Final Frontier show

There are other triangles besides the Bermuda to which have disappeared and never been found. Though I think it's clearly been established they are still on Earth. The plants, animals, the fruits, the pirate ship, they are definitely still on Earth. More than likely they are in some sort of triangle/parallel dimension.
    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

if it's in another dimension/planet/etc how come they could establish radio contact with the outside world?

Comment

Yep definately on Earth. IMO the more far-out the theory with lost the less likely it is, the simpler the better
        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Im still keen on the Reality TV show idea.
          An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Comment

^ now THAT's funny.

I'm sticking to my Vanilla Theory though...it's just...so cool.
              TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

I think the island is some kind of uncharted nuclear testing site. I havnt seen season 2 yet so im just chucking an idea at you all.
                Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

*ducks idea* Im betting its just the in-flight movie.
                  Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                  - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

It's part of Land of the Lost, and they need to find the Sleestak Pylons.
                    "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                    "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                    BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet
                      if it's in another dimension/planet/etc how come they could establish radio contact with the outside world?
                      They have not made radio contact with the outside world - all the radio contact that there have been were between the different groups/people on the island... or am I forgetting about something?

The first radio contact was with the French women...
                      The second one I can think of was Boon (in yellow airplane) with the back-of-the-plane group
                      Am I forgetting about another radio broadcast???

Mind you my first ever idea about Lost was: Reality Show and they are all being watched on TV... but I do like the idea that they are actually all watching an inflight movie (hie hie hie hie)...

By the way - is it really an island???? Okay besides the fact that we know it is being filmed in Hawaii, and looks like the same place as where they the filmed Jurasic Park (still waiting for a big Dinosaur to chase Hurley down the beach - good excercise or what?)

Comment

Could be time travel?

Many years back in time?
                        .:Humanity's Children Are Returning Home:.

Comment

Don't forget though, the plane dropping the food. This is a clear point that the island is still on the planet.
                          http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by pastence
                            They have not made radio contact with the outside world - all the radio contact that there have been were between the different groups/people on the island... or am I forgetting about something?

The first radio contact was with the French women...
                            The second one I can think of was Boon (in yellow airplane) with the back-of-the-plane group
                            Am I forgetting about another radio broadcast???
                            Yeah, It's when Locke tells Boon to climb up to the Yellow Plane filled with Heroin, Boon finds a Radio & contacts some airport some, tells them that they're the surviors of Ocienic Flight 815, then the plane falls out of the tree & the radio smashes & disconnects. So they amnage to make contact witht the Outside world for about 15 seconds.

Edit- Just seen the Spoilers, it isn't from the Outside world but from the
                            Spoiler:
                            Tail end Survivors
                            . Sorry.

Comment

don't forget when sayid fixes up the radio that bernard had, and him and hurley pick up a radio station playing jazz

Comment

Working...
                              X