Podcasts for "Path of Revelation, Parts One and Two"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Podcasts for "Path of Revelation, Parts One and Two"

I realize no one actually believed they existed, but they do.

I do have to appologize. The reason for this delay has actually been a technical problem. I had figured it would work better to record the podcasts as only one file, covering the entire episode. It did work well; however, the mp3 files turned out way too big to be uploaded to the website at the moment. I guess I should have checked that first.

Now, what does this mean? Since we want to commentaries to go on the site, starting with "Night Terrors", the podcasts will be back to the way they were - six shorter mp3 files, each covering an act, and the first one the teaser of course.

Are the podcasts for "Path of Revelation, Parts One and Two" lost? They're not. What I'll be putting in this thread, is a link that should take you to a shared public online folder, in which I've saved the podcasts. By clicking on the link you'll be taken to a site where you'll need to sign up with xdrive (an online hard drive service, if you will) in order to download the podcasts. I believe you will need to sign up for accessing the shared files, but you can do that completely for free.

I realize it's a little complicated, but for those of you who had been looking forward to the commentaries, it's at least a way of listening to them after all.

Just click on this link, and follow the instructions.

Please note that while the sound quality of the part one commentary isn't too good in some places, the one for part two is excellent - just like any audio commentary. You can expect that kind of quality for each of the upcoming podcasts. And as I said, all following podcasts will be available on the website again - just as during Season One.

Now all I can say is, I hope this works. And enjoy!
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Erm...do we have to sign up or something?
    I think I'll wait till they're on the website in parts.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
      Erm...do we have to sign up or something?
      I think I'll wait till they're on the website in parts.
      Yeah, unfortunately you'd have to sign up. But as I said, it's for free.

These particular podcasts won't be making it to the website unfortunately, otherwise I wouldn't have put them up like this. The only way to do get them on the site would be to record them all over again, which I might do at some point.

I know this is a little inconveniant, but at least they are available this way.
      Last edited by Alex Rubit; 11 April 2006, 05:20 AM.

Comment

Whats the total size of the download?
        sigpic

Comment

They're pretty big, one is 40Mb and the other is 50Mb. Took ages to download too, my connection sucks.

Comment

Ouch. Well I'll not be downloading this anytime.
            sigpic

Comment

Yep, getting size down is something we should try. I'll see how low the bitrate can go without making sound really bad.

Comment

How come it isnt going on the webste?
                sigpic

Comment

I hope this answers your question.

Originally posted by Alex Rubit
                  however, the mp3 files turned out way too big to be uploaded to the website at the moment. I guess I should have checked that first.
                  Also, I prefer podcasts split up per act, it make things simpler and I can listen to the first act commentary whilst downloading the rest. I'll probably be doing my podcast in seperate parts, mainly because there's no way I'll manage to talk for that long in one go.

Comment

Why not split them then Alex?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                      Why not split them then Alex?
                      I actually addressed all of that in my first post in this thread. Starting with the next one, they'll be spilt up again.

Comment

Good, I'm sure that'll "work nicely".

Can you please find another way of saying that ??

Comment

Originally posted by Wineblood
                          Good, I'm sure that'll "work nicely".

Can you please find another way of saying that ??
                          I love saying that.

Again, I know it's inconvenient downloading these podcasts. I might just do them again in the future actually, so that we have them on the site as individual files. For that matter, I'd love to go back and do commentaries on previous Season Two episodes. Perhaps that's something to do between Seasons Two and Three.

Comment

The podcasts for Episodes 2.12 "Path of Revelation, Part 1" and 2.13 "Path of Revelation, Part 2" are now available!

There is the original 128kbps version, which is quite big, and also a 64Kbps version.

Original Versions (128Kbps)

2.12 (40MB)
                            2.13 (49MB)

Reduced Versions (64Kbps)

2.12 (20MB)
                            2.13 (25MB)

Note : On the podcast for ep 2.12, there is some background noise after about 10 mins.
                            Last edited by Wineblood; 08 June 2006, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Little quiet aint it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X