PDA

View Full Version : Podcasts for "Path of Revelation, Parts One and Two"

Alex Rubit
April 10th, 2006, 07:59 PM
I realize no one actually believed they existed, but they do. ;)

I do have to appologize. The reason for this delay has actually been a technical problem. I had figured it would work better to record the podcasts as only one file, covering the entire episode. It did work well; however, the mp3 files turned out way too big to be uploaded to the website at the moment. I guess I should have checked that first.

Now, what does this mean? Since we want to commentaries to go on the site, starting with "Night Terrors", the podcasts will be back to the way they were - six shorter mp3 files, each covering an act, and the first one the teaser of course.

Are the podcasts for "Path of Revelation, Parts One and Two" lost? They're not. What I'll be putting in this thread, is a link that should take you to a shared public online folder, in which I've saved the podcasts. By clicking on the link you'll be taken to a site where you'll need to sign up with xdrive (an online hard drive service, if you will) in order to download the podcasts. I believe you will need to sign up for accessing the shared files, but you can do that completely for free.

I realize it's a little complicated, but for those of you who had been looking forward to the commentaries, it's at least a way of listening to them after all.

Just click on this link (http://plus.xdrive.com/u/415258283/875161284saLk66hlHh3U2lTMQ3J), and follow the instructions.

Please note that while the sound quality of the part one commentary isn't too good in some places, the one for part two is excellent - just like any audio commentary. You can expect that kind of quality for each of the upcoming podcasts. And as I said, all following podcasts will be available on the website again - just as during Season One.

Now all I can say is, I hope this works. And enjoy!

Elite Anubis Guard
April 11th, 2006, 12:38 AM
Erm...do we have to sign up or something?
I think I'll wait till they're on the website in parts.

Alex Rubit
April 11th, 2006, 04:47 AM
Erm...do we have to sign up or something?
I think I'll wait till they're on the website in parts.

Yeah, unfortunately you'd have to sign up. But as I said, it's for free.

These particular podcasts won't be making it to the website unfortunately, otherwise I wouldn't have put them up like this. The only way to do get them on the site would be to record them all over again, which I might do at some point.

I know this is a little inconveniant, but at least they are available this way.

Elite Anubis Guard
April 11th, 2006, 06:56 AM
Whats the total size of the download?

Wineblood
April 11th, 2006, 08:47 AM
They're pretty big, one is 40Mb and the other is 50Mb. Took ages to download too, my connection sucks.

Elite Anubis Guard
April 11th, 2006, 10:35 AM
Ouch. Well I'll not be downloading this anytime.

Wineblood
April 11th, 2006, 11:42 AM
Yep, getting size down is something we should try. I'll see how low the bitrate can go without making sound really bad.

Elite Anubis Guard
April 11th, 2006, 12:07 PM
How come it isnt going on the webste?

Wineblood
April 11th, 2006, 12:44 PM
I hope this answers your question.

however, the mp3 files turned out way too big to be uploaded to the website at the moment. I guess I should have checked that first.

Also, I prefer podcasts split up per act, it make things simpler and I can listen to the first act commentary whilst downloading the rest. I'll probably be doing my podcast in seperate parts, mainly because there's no way I'll manage to talk for that long in one go.

Elite Anubis Guard
April 11th, 2006, 02:06 PM
Why not split them then Alex?

Alex Rubit
April 12th, 2006, 07:04 AM
Why not split them then Alex?

I actually addressed all of that in my first post in this thread. Starting with the next one, they'll be spilt up again. :cameron:

Wineblood
April 12th, 2006, 07:27 AM
Good, I'm sure that'll "work nicely".

Can you please find another way of saying that ??

Alex Rubit
April 12th, 2006, 07:32 AM
Good, I'm sure that'll "work nicely".

Can you please find another way of saying that ??

I love saying that. :jack_new_anime18:

Again, I know it's inconvenient downloading these podcasts. I might just do them again in the future actually, so that we have them on the site as individual files. For that matter, I'd love to go back and do commentaries on previous Season Two episodes. Perhaps that's something to do between Seasons Two and Three.

Wineblood
May 22nd, 2006, 08:06 AM
The podcasts for Episodes 2.12 "Path of Revelation, Part 1" and 2.13 "Path of Revelation, Part 2" are now available!

There is the original 128kbps version, which is quite big, and also a 64Kbps version.

Original Versions (128Kbps)

2.12 (http://wwwhomes.doc.ic.ac.uk/~vjd05/files/2x12.128Kbps.mp3) (40MB)
2.13 (http://wwwhomes.doc.ic.ac.uk/~vjd05/files/2x13.128Kbps.mp3) (49MB)

Reduced Versions (64Kbps)

2.12 (http://wwwhomes.doc.ic.ac.uk/~vjd05/files/2x12.64Kbps.mp3) (20MB)
2.13 (http://wwwhomes.doc.ic.ac.uk/~vjd05/files/2x13.64Kbps.mp3) (25MB)

Note : On the podcast for ep 2.12, there is some background noise after about 10 mins.

Elite Anubis Guard
May 22nd, 2006, 10:34 AM
Little quiet aint it.

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
May 22nd, 2006, 03:57 PM
Okay... I'm listening to the first podcast, and it's nice to hear it, but most of it is stuff we've already been told, as well as the other most of it is 'uh.' It's just getting annoying.

Alex Rubit
May 22nd, 2006, 06:15 PM
It's just getting annoying.

Simple solution to the problem: Just don't listen to it!

But there might be other fans who'll appreceate the additional time some of us invest in special features such as this.

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
May 22nd, 2006, 07:29 PM
Simple solution to the problem: Just don't listen to it!

But there might be other fans who'll appreceate the additional time some of us invest in special features such as this.

I think I phrased that wrong - the podcast is not annoying. I like the podcast, and I'm grateful that you're willing to put your time and effort into this for us. Thank you very much for it. :) What I meant to say was annoying to me was that you frequently paused and said 'um,' and although it was very nice to hear what you had to say about the episode, small things like that tend to nag at me.

Alex Rubit
May 22nd, 2006, 08:03 PM
I think I phrased that wrong - the podcast is not annoying. I like the podcast, and I'm grateful that you're willing to put your time and effort into this for us. Thank you very much for it. :) What I meant to say was annoying to me was that you frequently paused and said 'um,' and although it was very nice to hear what you had to say about the episode, small things like that tend to nag at me.

I've heard people do that on podcasts and audio commentaries all the time. This isn't work, and I don't plan what exactly to say, or how to say it, before doing it (just the basics of what needs to be covered). Plus, what most people don't realize is that it's a lot more difficult to do this for a script than if you can sit back and watch the thing on screen, while talking about it.

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
May 22nd, 2006, 08:58 PM
True, true. Anyway, thank you very much for what you've done, and I'm going to listen the podcasts and try to get past my little craziness. :)

Elite Anubis Guard
May 22nd, 2006, 10:57 PM
Reduced Versions (64Kbps)

2.12 (http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~vjd05/2x12.64Kbps.mp3) (20MB)
2.13 (http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~vjd05/2x13.64Kbps.mp3) (25MB)

Links aren't working anymore :mckay:

SierraGulf1
May 23rd, 2006, 04:02 PM
Well, as far as the "um"s go, I have quite a long history.

I took a Public Speaking class this year in which my teacher absolutely hated interrupting word: "like," "uh," "um," etc. They were forbidden and she even had someone in the class keep a tally of the number of times a speaker used each given interruptor. Drove us crazy.

It's become so much a part of the human language. Best bet is to reduce them if possible, but not go crazy over it. :)

I haven't actually downloaded the podcasts, so I can't comment on them specifically. Perhaps one day when my fat lardass hardrive gets cleaned/improved...

Alex Rubit
May 23rd, 2006, 04:12 PM
Well, when I speak in public (which I have done in the past) I naturally don't do that. I'm actually pretty good at that.

This isn't any different than a regular audio commentary, and I really don't have the time to rehearse and practice what I'll say and how I'll say it before I do it. I must say, I can't say that I appreceate that people are even criticising that. I guess best bet would be to stay away from any actual audio commentaries I might do over the coure of my future career.

Seriously. It's just ridiculous. Why not just appreceate that there ARE podcasts? ;)

With regard to the links not working, I can't say what the problem is. Since Vincent is the one who put them up, he should be able to fix it.

And, EAG, I think you'll find that while the sound quality of the commentary for 2.12 is pretty bad at times, the one for 2.13 is excellent. That was after I figured out how to properly use that new microphone.

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
May 23rd, 2006, 04:22 PM
Well, when I speak in public (which I have done in the past) I naturally don't do that. I'm actually pretty good at that.

This isn't any different than a regular audio commentary, and I really don't have the time to rehearse and practice what I'll say and how I'll say it before I do it. I must say, I can't say that I appreceate that people are even criticising that. I guess best bet would be to stay away from any actual audio commentaries I might do over the coure of my future career.

Seriously. It's just ridiculous. Why not just appreceate that there ARE podcasts? ;)

You're right, for all you've done for us, it's not really fair of us to pick you apart on that at all. Thank you, Alex, for doing this for us to begin with. :)