X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speculation on "McKay and Mrs. Miller"

It's what the title says, people.

Personally, I'm looking forward to this ep. I'm a sucker for McKay and the development of his character and oh, I cannot wait to see Jeannie. I feel like this episode has a lot of potential.

Other thoughts?
    They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
    Spoiler:
    Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Well, it's a McKay ep so that automatically makes me perk up.

I'm curious if Rodney's time on Earth is a flashback before he went to Atlantis or in "real time." If it's the latter, I wonder why he went back to Earth. Did he decide to take some time off? Though he doesn't really seem the type to willingly leave Atlantis in the hands of "lesser" scientists just so he can get some free time. Was he forced to take some time off? Was there some family crisis? Something else entirely?

Comment

I'm looking forward to this ep. McKay seems to be the only character who gets character development and, having featured in sg1, backstory. David is such a great actor, so whatever spin they put on the whole McKay and his sister story I'm sure it will be great.

Is Jeannie married, getting married, is her husband a Goa'uld, a Wraith?? or even worse a genius!!!

Seeing it is a McKay centric episode I'm sure there will be lots of antagonism and humor.

Or will it just be a episode about McKay's secret love of Elva Miller!!

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
        Though he doesn't really seem the type to willingly leave Atlantis in the hands of "lesser" scientists just so he can get some free time.
        I can hear the bellowing upon his return already
        sigpic
        http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

I can't wait to see this ep. I hope it will be in real time, no flashbacks. Maybe his sister is married and is in some crisis. He said he wants to be closer with her someday.
          Or there is slight possibility that he will be injured and so forced to take some time off. Or is there another reason?
          I think it would be fun if his sister had son or daugter and he or she would be genius at least
          I can't speculate because it's still long time to new episodes. Is it July already?
          I can only hope that this episode stays nr.8. Because another move and it might easily happen that we will see it after season break

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

I would love to see him having returned to earth on forced leave. Maybe medical? I can't wait!!!!!

The name of the episode, I believe, is a pun. There is a movie out there entitled "McCabe and Mrs. Miller" although how much insight we get from that connection is unknown. The plot for McCabe and Mrs. Miller is interesting and probably not the direction an Atlantis episode would go. Maybe they took aspects from it?

Comment

this looks like a good episode
              sigpic
              Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

When I first read the title - I just thought that Mrs.Miller is Miller's (from The Siege: Part I) mother, but then why would McKay and Mrs.Miller be connected!

Comment

I can't wait for this episode...

My (completely unoriginal) theories on who Mrs Miller are as follows:

1 - that it's Rodney's sister and she's married
                  2 - that it's one of Jeannie's friends
                  3 - that it's Rodney's ex
                  4 - that it's someone completely unrelated to Jeannie

anyone else got any others?
                  sigpic
                  Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Jeannie should be played my David Hewlett's sister! She really should!

I hope Jeannie has LOTS OF KIDS! I think it'd be hilarious.

Comment

For some reason, I just see Rodney walking down a hall and hearing "Rodney Alistair McKay" called in a shrill, po'ed tone. Enter 'oh sh*t' expression, slow turn around, bewildered "Jeannie???"
                      They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
                      Spoiler:
                      Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

she better be hot and not a wussette.

Comment

I'm pretty sure Kate Hewlett is going to be playing Jeannie - DH said it in a recent interview
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
                            I'm pretty sure Kate Hewlett is going to be playing Jeannie - DH said it in a recent interview
                            Link? Or where else?
                            No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                            (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

The newest official Stargate Magazine - near the end of the interview with DH
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X