X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why no Star Wars sub-forum?

why is there no star wars forum?

Most likely because it is not a running TV show...
    sigpic
    Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

It will be in 2007, lucasfilm has announced there will be a live action star wars tv show in 2007

Comment

Then you'll have to wait until 2007 for your forum.

Comment

Originally posted by SG-17
          why is there no star wars forum?
          This site is for the discussion of Science Fiction/Fantasy shows not for the discussion of Space-Based Missle Programs from the '80s.
          "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Originally posted by chyron
            This site is for the discussion of Science Fiction/Fantasy shows not for the discussion of Space-Based Missle Programs from the '80s.

I'd like a Star Wars sub-forum.....it is kind of strange that there isn't one already.....

Comment

As I've said elsewhere, a number of factors go into the decision to give a franchise a dedicated folder here at GateWorld. Is it in active production? Are there a lot of threads in General Sci-Fi that warrant a separate folder? Does GateWorld have a sub-site for it?

Star Wars doesn't meet any of these conditions right now, but I suspect that when the TV series begins it will.
              GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
              The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
              Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                As I've said elsewhere, a number of factors go into the decision to give a franchise a dedicated folder here at GateWorld. Is it in active production? Are there a lot of threads in General Sci-Fi that warrant a separate folder? Does GateWorld have a sub-site for it?

Star Wars doesn't meet any of these conditions right now, but I suspect that when the TV series begins it will.
                Apart from my '80s quip - I would also presume that there is the cost factor in that as the number of forums expands, so do the number of threads and thus the number of posts leading to an increase in required server space.
                "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                  Then you'll have to wait until 2007 for your forum.
                  i can wait
                  In Memory of Stalingrad

May She Never Be Forgotten.

Comment

Expanded Universe Anyone?

Comment

oh i dont know, maybe because its called GATEWORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      In Memory of Stalingrad

May She Never Be Forgotten.

Comment

nah Starwars was twaddle, the movies were good in the late 70s and early 80s, but the new stuff was woeful, heres hoping that this TV series will top them all, but it will never take my attention away from Stargate for as long as that is on the box

most people don't really care for starwars in the way that they do for any other TV series, but can Starwars the series gain more of a fanbase than the rest......we will see
                        For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Originally posted by Ra's mom
                          oh i dont know, maybe because its called GATEWORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          It was originally called STARGUIDE, so it could have topics about other Sci-fi, to stick to it's roots, but again, Star Wars isn't that popular on Gateworld, 'cos nobody's heard of Expanded Universe... yet.

Comment

If you want to talk about star wars join theforce.net forums
                            Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet
                              It was originally called STARGUIDE, so it could have topics about other Sci-fi, to stick to it's roots, but again, Star Wars isn't that popular on Gateworld, 'cos nobody's heard of Expanded Universe... yet.
                              well do you know that in 1999 it was called STARGUIDE, well now its not.......GATEWORLD was the prefered evolutionary leap forward for the Mods and so on, so now since Starwars is pretty much just an echo in the past, im sure that some kind of forum or section dedicated to Starwars will show up here when the series airs on TV, if........thats if the Mods decide to do so, and to be honest i don't care very much for it, but others do so i guess we can all have a say when the polls arrive for it???
                              For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Working...
                              X