X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are the Ori Living?

Ok thoughts on where the Ori Are?

Do you think Ori are in the Orion (ORI=Orion)?

According to NASA, There are stars and planets. Maybe the Ancients Plugged the name in when they were here and called it Orion as a way giving us a hint to figure out where they were?

It would be kind of Ironic to have the Ship Orion Kick some Ori Butt too.
    Some NASA Linkson Orion

http://hubblesite.org/newscenter/new...leases/2006/01

http://apod.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap961207.html
    LoneWolf

Maybe next time, you'll just wait and see."
    "And blow my last chance of ever being right?" -- Jack and Jacob, Enemies

hmm that is very interesting maybe they live in Orion but it's that how far is Orion from us? the Ori have to use the stargate to get to MW and by hyperspace they would of took month's maybe year's but i like ur theory m8

Comment

Don't they have their own seperate Galaxy, rather than a Nebula? & before you ask, the Nebula's in the Milky Way, not another Galaxy.

I doubt that the Ori come from Orion, it's just the start of Origin, two unrelated words with the same begining...

Oriental- Does that mean the Ori are Asian?
      Orifice- Does that mean that they live in the mouth of a cavety?
      Origami- Does that mean that they are skilled in the art of paper?
      Oriya- Does that mean the speak Hindi?
      Oriole- Are they a Bird?
      Oriflamme- Does that mean that they Worship St. David?

The Orion nebula is 1,600 light years away from Earth

Also, one of the Milky Ways Arms is called the Orion Arm. I doubt that they come from there though...

Anyway, the Nebula was discovered in 1610, I doubt that the Ancients were around then...

Orion Nebula - Purdy...
      Last edited by The Prophet; 10 April 2006, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Why, they live in the Ori galaxy of course!

Comment

Originally posted by Lonewolf
          Ok thoughts on where the Ori Are?

Do you think Ori are in the Orion (ORI=Orion)?
          Ori is short of Origin, which is what their religion is called

Originally posted by Lonewolf
          According to NASA, There are stars and planets. Maybe the Ancients Plugged the name in when they were here and called it Orion as a way giving us a hint to figure out where they were?

It would be kind of Ironic to have the Ship Orion Kick some Ori Butt too.
          Some NASA Linkson Orion
          The Ancients did not call that ship Orion, that was Sheppard. They had some name like Habacalusa, or Hipocodopulus, or something equally as silly.

That is also a totally bizzar and our-there hint. To get that you would have to know quite a bit about the Ori, and in knowing all that it was probably too late. Also, it isn't particularly obvious to put together.

I doubt they came from a lame Nebula, probably one of the limitless galaxys out there.
          Last edited by Chutzpah; 10 April 2006, 01:30 PM.
          An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet
            Oriental- Does that mean the Ori are Asian?
            Origami- Does that mean that they are skilled in the art of paper?
            Oriole- Are they a Bird?
            Hehehehehe.... *giggles to himself*
            You're pretty creative to think of this.

Best Stargate quote:
            Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
            Green is your friend.

Comment

With their parents. But it's just "temporary".
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

In real life terms the Ori live in a galaxy called currently the Ori galaxy which is about as real as the Ida galaxy is. Thats where the Ori followers live with the Ori themselves living on the ascended plane.

Hallowed are the Ori

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Chutzpah
                  Ori is short of Origin, which is what their religion is called

The Ancients did not call that ship Orion, that was Sheppard. They had some name like Habacalusa, or Hipocodopulus, or something equally as silly.

That is also a totally bizzar and our-there hint. To get that you would have to know quite a bit about the Ori, and in knowing all that it was probably too late. Also, it isn't particularly obvious to put together.

I doubt they came from a lame Nebula, probably one of the limitless galaxys out there.
                  IIRC... it was "Hippafaralcus". I might be off on the spelling though.
                  http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                  http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

ok but we still need to find them, do you think its someplace we know allready name wise?

oh and its

HIPPAFORALKUS
                    LoneWolf

Maybe next time, you'll just wait and see."
                    "And blow my last chance of ever being right?" -- Jack and Jacob, Enemies

Comment

Actually they live in my house. Their a bunch of freeloaders...always eating all the food. I told them if they touch my Doritos there will be trouble!
                      It feels good to be alive.
                      Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet
                        Actually they live in my house. Their a bunch of freeloaders...always eating all the food. I told them if they touch my Doritos there will be trouble!
                        Hallowed are the Doritos...

I'd put protective Anti-Ori TinFoil around the bathroom if i were you, as the ori can see...everything... *shudders*

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet
                          Hallowed are the Doritos...
                          Hallowed they are, indeed!
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

They could be in the Triangulum or Andromeda Galaxies. (The only two other spiral galaxies in the local group, or they can be in either the Sunflower or Whirlpool Galaxies, which are significantly farther away, yet close enough that the Ancients could have gone to the Milky Way). Though I'd bet on the Andromeda galaxy.
                            http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Well, here's Wiki's List of Galaxies Nearest to us: Nearest Galaxies & here's Wiki's list off Galaxis: Galaxies & here's it's list of Galaxy Clusters: Galaxy Clusters

Comment

Working...
                              X