This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get rid of Sheppard, bring back Ford.

I seroiusly think that Ford was a much better character then Shepherd. And with Gene therapy and the fact they've been there for 2 years they should have the hang of Ancient technology by now. Shepherds just kind of annoying. I doubt its the writing as the writing in this show has always been Stellar. I blame Joe Flannigan for a poor performance.

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
    i know you meant to write keep Shepherd,heppard: bring back Ford. bit i won't hold it against you

why would you want to kill shepherd he is the main character and leader.
    I'm all of bring back ford full time. but it won't happen

Shep is the heart of the show. how would you had liked it if there killed jack everyone would had been upset.

Joe is doing the best he can no actor is perfect at this point in time i honestly rather Joe over rick or Ben when it comes to leader men characters
    I'd be fine if they killed Jack. He's been a good part of the show but theres nothing exclusive for Jack story wise. They've isolated the Ancient Gene, are complete allies with the Asgard, and have a great leader in Mitchell.

Comment

Well, I do like Ford more than I like Sheppard (especially after S2), but I don't want to see Shep killed, I'd just prefer to see him have more storylines that don't involve him letching after some sexy young alien chick. It got old fast and now it's starting to piss me off.

Also, at this point in time, I don't think Ford would make for a very good or stable team leader for Atlantis. Now, if you wanted to upgrade Lorne to that position and have Ford on as some wildcard...

I'd also disagree with your assessment about the writing and performance. IMO, it's the writing that has been shoddy (and has been admitted as part of the reason why Ford "didn't work" in the first place). Even the greatest actor in the world can't save a horible script, and while I wouldn't call Joe the greatest, I think he's doing the best he can with what he's given... but there's only so much he can do.

Comment

NO WAY! I love Sheppard, he is awesome. I actually think that it was the right decision to get rid of Ford however I don’t agree with the way TPTB handled the situation. As for saying that JF is a poor actor…OMG have you seen Danielle Steel’s Family Album? He was a main character in that and his performance was stunning. Furthermore the actors can only do so much; there is the writing, direction etc that is involved in an actor’s performance, although Atlantis is one of my favourite shows so I don’t have any problems with the show whatsoever.

Comment

I'd actually like to see team changes as follows:

Sheppherd - dead.
          Teyla - Dead
          Ford - Leader
          Cadman (chick from duet) Regular
          Ronin - Stays
          Mckay - Stays

Comment

Originally posted by isis2381ice
            NO WAY! I love Sheppard, he is awesome. I actually think that it was the right decision to get rid of Ford however I don’t agree with the way TPTB handled the situation. As for saying that JF is a poor actor…OMG have you seen Danielle Steel’s Family Album? He was a main character in that and his performance was stunning. Furthermore the actors can only do so much; there is the writing, direction etc that is involved in an actor’s performance, although Atlantis is one of my favourite shows so I don’t have any problems with the show whatsoever.
            Well I'm glad he can act in Drama well, but he sucks at SCIFI.

Comment

No, sorry. Keep Sheppard, he's lovely. I liked Ford and I think we'll see him again. The fact that Ford has gone off in a different direction could lead to some other situations that would be beneficial to the show.

I agree that Sheppard has been slightly annoying with the whole kirking about but that doesn't mean that he should go. The writers have seen their mistakes and will hopefully change things for the new season.

Okay, now that's a lot of pressure gone.

See ya around.

Comment

You know if Joe Flannigan can pull it off I'll be the first to say I'm wrong. And I hope he does. I'm not saying I'm not going to watch if he stays just that I'd prefer the universe unfold in a different way

Comment

How's this for sheake-ups:

Sheppard finally does something so horrible that Weir can no longer cover for him. He's sent back to Earth, awaiting court martial. Major Lorne is promoted to the head of Atlantis's military forces.

Ronon & Teyla, sick of the jaw-dropping stupidity of the Atlantis crew and tired of having their advice and warnings blatantly ignored, leave to start their own militia/commune, where they use what they've learned to help train warriors. Unlike the Atlantis crew, Ronon & Teyla and their company don't fall prey to ploys so idiotically obvious that even Jinto could spot them.

McKay is horrified when Lorne takes on Cadman as his 2IC (and Lorne will admit privately that McKay's fear/dislike of Cadman made her seem like an even better prospect).

Ford would be recurring. He's here, he's gone, he's meddling with Atlantis, he's helping out Teyla and Ronon. Sometimes he's a good guy, sometimes his motives are murkier.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry the Hippo Gutterman
                    I seroiusly think that Ford was a much better character then Shepherd. And with Gene therapy and the fact they've been there for 2 years they should have the hang of Ancient technology by now. Shepherds just kind of annoying. I doubt its the writing as the writing in this show has always been Stellar. I blame Joe Flannigan for a poor performance.
                    Humn, I dont think they would get the hang of ancient tech after two years when the Asgard have been trying for a helluva lot longer to do the same and have gotten nowhere. I have found the writing for the whole last season pretty lousy. As for Joe, I think he is an awesome actor, and he is just working with what he is being given. Ford has no experience really, he is only a leutenant, but then Cam got leader of SG1 so he might have a chance the way things are going. Ford worked for me, he was likeable, and as a potential tragic hero he is great, but as a regular? I dunno.

Teyla should go, so should Ronan, the writers just arent doing anything with them, I forget they are there half of the time. Cadman would be great on the full time cast, I must admit I really like her, her character has long term potential, unliike a lot of the cast who where only realy worth having around for a year or two at most.

Personally I have lost a lot of Faith in the show of late, I think a lot of the recurring characters (like Zalenka, Cadman, Grodin (RIP) and Caldwell) have more to them than most of the main cast. The only ones I actually think make great viewing are Beckett and McKay.

This would be my lineup:

Dr. McKay - Leader
                    Dr. Zalenka - Chief Scientist
                    Leutenant Cadman - Leader of Atlantis 1
                    Dr. Beckett - Doctor
                    Colonel Caldwell - Head of Military Personel
                    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I meant in the use of ancient technology not the creation of or understanding. Also, the Asgard never really go in depth on the information they obtained from The Repository of the Ancients, or when the Ancients left their region of space. For all we know they hadn't even invented ZPM's yet.

Comment

May I quickly add that I don't think Grodin is dead???

Okay, if McKay was in charge of the team then they'd probably not get too far. McKay is one of my fave characters but I don't think he could last under the pressure.

If Sheppard was to go then I say this:

Leader: Lorne (I'm not a regular thunker I'm thinking of someone who is good under pressure)
                        Scientist: McKay (Can't get rid of him)
                        Offworld expert: Teyla
                        Weapons expert: Ronon
                        Doctor: Dr Beckett

Dr Beckett has to be in there...okay on topic...erm...give Sheppard more realistic situations with less Kirking.

Comment

How about:

Team 1
                          Sheppard
                          McKay
                          Ronon
                          Teyla

Team 2
                          Lorne
                          Cadman
                          Zelenka
                          Becket

And have them both go off on their own arcs?

Maybe Ford as a bad guy or someone who pops up randomly to help or hinder the team(s)

Comment

I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
                              grodins is dead if you would had listened to the audio conmmtary there said he's dead andfnot coming back
                              Well, I'm sorry that I didn't know that. My DVDs don't have the audio commentary on them.

*Pardon my McKayness there*

Comment

Working...
                              X