This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most stupid episode

I prefered SGA to SG-1 because it has a greater variation as a space opera ( you see moore spaceships) but then I came across this bloody awful Season 2episode 5: Condemned. The puddle are shot down on a prison island by weapons made of old oilbarres, ventilation pipes and and slings and and there they are captured by a gang of desperate criminals who are armed with knifes, slingshots and bows. They are tied up and escapes only by means of an innocent condemned inmate. I don´t see any women on this island. IT IS SO BADLY WRITTEN!!!. The worst comic book stuff: Simple solutions, simlpe plot, bad acting and I am irritated on this figure Ronon. but what's the point in complaining it's already written and delivered. They should really have fanbase controllers who could tell the producers: this story stinks.
    This is what happens if non-nerds are writing stories.

William at Hastings

Of all the season 2 episodes; I quite liked Condemned
    I'm guessing you haven't see Epiphany and/or the Tower....
    Ses
    James Lafazanos - Good for a Laf

Comment

Originally posted by Ses
      Of all the season 2 episodes; I quite liked Condemned
      I'm guessing you haven't see Epiphany and/or the Tower....
      My thoughts exactly!!

Comment

Nah, Condemned was OK. Epiphany was BAD, followed by The Tower. For some reason I really didn't like Coup d'Etat either.....but it was not as bad as Epiphany.

Comment

Didnt think any of them was stupid
          Maybe badly written, but not stupid

Each episode offers a view or perspective on each character and situation. The Episode may just be a plot point or show build up. Hot Zone for instance, if we didnt know about it
          Spoiler:
          the Assurians
          we'd just see this as a stand alone - where as infact its a build up to something.

Same for the Tower. It gave us the idea that Atlantis was one of several Cityships,
          Spoiler:
          Assurians again.

The Fan base idea is just stupid. Just because you, or a collective of people dont like an episode - doesnt mean other people one. I think the BIGGEST example of this is SG-1 #200. See me, I liked The Tower: it gave us the hint of more city ships, it was laid back and cliche and fun to watch (for me anyway).

But then again I dont OVER analyse them, I enjoy it.
          Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

I can only pick ONE? 'Cause I'm tempted to nominate 3/4 of the season.

The absolutely worst dreck of all of S2, though, I think would have to be The Tower. But then, I skipped Epiphany because I was warned.

Condemned was yet anoher example of the team's staggering stupidity, but at least there was more of a plot. And Lorne was in it. Being the shallow sort I am, I tend to give a bit of leniency to any eps he's in.

Comment

i liked condemmed but it had alot more potential, they should have had those guy become the SGA's tollan, an advanced allie that could be called up on, not some wraith slaves with a pirate kidnapping subplot.
              same with epiphiny, there are non intervention laws, take the ZPM, they cant do anything and you should know that!
              the tower, man i could do a spin about that city, there was potential for an episode that was comarable to rising or TLC in that episode but it was quandered on some pathetic excuse for s kirking episode...get some balls and write some awesome stories and tell the stories that should be coming out of the ideas your having...cos they are great ideas just not well executed IMO.
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              Stargate : Genesis |
              Original Starship DesignThread
              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
              11000! green me

Comment

My least fave episode of Atlantis in season 2 was possibly 'epiphany'. I can't explain why in full description because it was quite a while ago when I watched it.

After that it was probably 'The Tower'. There was a lot of loose threads in that.

I'll still buy it on DVD when it comes out though, not even a bad episode would stop me watching it.

Comment

"Condemned" was a masterpiece compared to "The Tower" and "Epiphany".

Both of those episodes could have given us so much more info and backstory, but TPTB chose to put "young hot things" for Sheppard front and center. Waste of film, IMO.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Did any of you see Shep strip naked and do her? NO. (The Tower)
                    How any of you can say he did is beyond me. He kissed her, now sorry but humanity is flawed so im not gonna judge him...because if it was a hot guy Id probs do abit of kissing.

But there is NO proof he actually had sex with her.

Epiphany is a DIFFERENT story, he was stuck there for what, 6months or 6 week? Whichever he was still there for a long time, he grew to like a girl. So what? He wasnt military when stuck there, he was a lonely guy lost from his people (cliche sounding) so you CANNOT rebuke him for being with someone.

So the only REAL evidence of him getting bouncy is SANCTUARY.

RANT OVER. Have a pleasent day
                    Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

that wasnt a rant?
                      sigpic
                      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                      11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz
                        Did any of you see Shep strip naked and do her? NO. (The Tower)
                        In "The Tower" TPTB had an opportunity to give the audience a lot of info regarding the Ancients, what their "sister" cities were built for, why this city was left abandoned, was there anything in the "sister" city database that could help Atlantis? Where did the original inhabitants go? Was there a stargate in this city as well? Do we get ANY of these answers? NO. Instead, we get
                        Spoiler:
                        a girl who look like she is barely old enough to be in high school, stripping in front of a 39 year old man and the episode revolves around her wanting to get preggers.

This is good television? This episode now sits at the top of my list of the worst episode to come out of 9 years of Stargate.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

the episode really did have more potential than any episode ive seen before, and it was totally and completely wasted on IMO one of the worst episodes of SG ever.
                          Like you said, soo many question and new storylines could have been brought about...did the ancients build this city ship to return to the MW during the war, meaning atlantis wasnt built as a ship in the conventional sense more like a lifeboat, does this mean atlantis will never have the ability to return to earth?

there were literally dozen of episodes that city could have and hopefully will give us.
                          sigpic
                          11000! green me

Comment

I am quite enjoying Atlantis overall as a whole. I liked season 2 better than season 1 but both are great. And currently, I'm liking Atlantis over SG-1. But then again, I'm just along for the ride and tend not to over analyze episodes. Just my 2 cents.

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

FP, I completely agree. There was so much potential for an interesting episode in The Tower, what with all the Ancient tech and such, but instead it ended up being by far the worst and most annoying episode of Atlantis' second season, full of cliché and Kirk. I can't even watch it, and Sanctuary is the only other episode I feel that way about.

Comment

Working...
                              X