PDA

View Full Version : More ZPMs?

nemisis
April 9th, 2006, 01:59 PM
who wants more zed.p.ms in atlantis season 3 to see whatserects atlantis holds?

nemisis
April 9th, 2006, 02:07 PM
rite you no if in season 3 they came a cross a accient out post with a wealth of zed.p.ms do you think they would

go back to the other city ship e.p. 2x15 (the tower)

ad try and make that operational and make it fly if so do you think they would bring it back to atlantis?.Beacuse there maybe valid things in the other
city-ship
and that could be used as an eploration ship and the dadalus may be free and more able to do stuff

what do you guys/lasses think?:jack_new_anime25:

Steven_the_Atlantean
April 9th, 2006, 02:38 PM
Post Already Made.

nemisis
April 9th, 2006, 02:42 PM
Post Already Made.

ow kk but still what you think?

Wraith_Hunter
April 9th, 2006, 04:30 PM
ow kk but still what you think?

I think you should seriously consider deleting one of the dupe threads.

They will never find a whole bunch of ZPM's, if they did, they wouldn't be sending them over to the sister city. It was badly damaged & is now seriously short on Drones, if anything, they should take the DB, then strip the city into pieces. Transport it section by section back to the MW for study via Daedalus.

They will never give them whole craploads of them, simply because it makes things far too easy, they could easily fly the city away from Lantia & away to somewhere safe etc. Besides, other than using it for extra power to the shields, engines etc. I don't think there is anything much that they could do that they can do currently with one ZPM.

For your last question, no they would never use the sister city as another ship, even if they somehow managed to repair all the damage & make it fly. It requires ZPM's to enable this. Which considering they are very scare around those parts, it'd be a tremendous waste of valuable materials. Especially also when you consider it shortcomings in the weapons departments.

Chutzpah
April 9th, 2006, 07:24 PM
I would like "The Rock" to make a guest appearance, but you can't always get what you want.

ZPM's by the truckload not gonna happen any time soon. So stop making posts about it.

jenks
April 9th, 2006, 08:28 PM

Not me, the series would get really boring really fast...

Major_Griff
April 9th, 2006, 08:42 PM
I don't know why they don't have more exploring Atlantis epsidoes. There is so much stuff they could discover in that city, even with one ZPM. I thought exploring Atlantis eps could be the equivelent almost of the Earth political/NID stories on SG-1.

AtlantisForever
April 10th, 2006, 12:53 AM
hmm id like some more ZPM's but thats never gonna have there might even be a ZPM/DRONE factory in Atlantis wat need's all 3ZPM's to power it but never no let's all hope

nemisis
April 10th, 2006, 10:07 AM
no first of all they would onl bring it in orbit as a defence ship i mean with only got the 2 ships deadalus orienso it would balance it out a little 55 aginst 3 lol

Harry the Hippo Gutterman
April 10th, 2006, 10:26 AM
rite you no if in season 3 they came a cross a accient out post with a wealth of zed.p.ms do you think they would

go back to the other city ship e.p. 2x15 (the tower)

ad try and make that operational and make it fly if so do you think they would bring it back to atlantis?.Beacuse there maybe valid things in the other
city-ship
and that could be used as an eploration ship and the dadalus may be free and more able to do stuff

what do you guys/lasses think?:jack_new_anime25:

It was buried pretty deep in a mountain. I don't think that they would really ever be able to dig it out so other then using it for a parts car like a scirocco I think its pretty useless :)

AtlantisForever
April 10th, 2006, 11:14 AM
It was buried pretty deep in a mountain. I don't think that they would really ever be able to dig it out so other then using it for a parts car like a scirocco I think its pretty useless :)

lol m8 just wondering do u actually watch stargate atlantis?

Chutzpah
April 10th, 2006, 01:04 PM

It was burried deep underground. Hell, half the thing is destroyed from the cave in.

nemisis
April 10th, 2006, 01:50 PM

lol are you a fool,1) you must be for asking that question i mean if i did not watch it then why would i be on this forum.2)i follow the show extreamly closly:daniel:

IcyNeko
April 11th, 2006, 07:40 PM
Actually, his question is quite valid. If you watched the episode all the way through, you would have seen that the city ship was pretty badly damaged.

Here's the thing.. if there's hull damage, you can't fly a ship due to hull compromise and atmosphere loss (you lose all your air). The city ship in the Tower episode was missing spires, which means that it has sustained damage to the hull. That sucker'll never fly again, even with all three ZPMs. It wouldn't be able to hold itself together.

1LostFurling
April 12th, 2006, 06:37 PM
The real question is why do you continue to pepper this board with threads that exist elsewhere. I read this board a lot and I don't feel the need to start 40 new threads just for the sake of having a large number in my posts count. Please spare us your unnecessary ramblings...

2ndgenerationalteran
April 12th, 2006, 08:11 PM
lol are you a fool,1) you must be for asking that question i mean if i did not watch it then why would i be on this forum.2)i follow the show extreamly closly:daniel:

that wasnt directed twoards you unless you are Harry the Hippo Gutterman and if you are why do you have 2 names?

Sauron18
April 12th, 2006, 10:18 PM
Actually, concerning a batch of ZPM's:

In the season 3 episode, "Progeny", they willl find another Lantean City in a planet called Asuras. In this planet there are breathing living ancients, with tons of perfectly working ZPM's and the ability to make more. These Asurans however, are more than what they seem to be.....

override367
April 12th, 2006, 10:44 PM
Well a bunch of zpms could be good.

ZPM + Bomb = 1 less solar system.

Steven_the_Atlantean
April 13th, 2006, 07:12 PM
Well, If Atlantis do receive three fully charge Zedpms I hope they use it to fly the sister city ( The Tower) next to Atlantis so if they ever do get caught by the wraith that Atlantis is very much existing we can easily use it as a decoy, while clocking Atlantis.

Happy_Gate
April 13th, 2006, 07:23 PM
Well, If Atlantis do receive three fully charge Zedpms I hope they use it to fly the sister city ( The Tower) next to Atlantis so if they ever do get caught by the wraith that Atlantis is very much existing we can easily use it as a decoy, while clocking the Atlantis.
Wouldn't that be cool, to have two city ships? *drools*
The inhabitants of the "Tower", might have issue with us hauling it off though. :P

2ndgenerationalteran
April 13th, 2006, 07:53 PM
Well a bunch of zpms could be good.

ZPM + Bomb = 1 less solar system.

extremely waste ful, unless we have no choice and there is a good reason, like a gaint wraith summit for peace where they all meet in a single location.

Steven_the_Atlantean
April 13th, 2006, 07:55 PM
The inhabitants of the "Tower", might have issue with us hauling it off though. :P

:D Yeah it would be, or why don’t they cut its database into Atlantis, Copy Atlantis database into the “the tower” then fly it to earth in Antarctica and then SG Team can research it for Ori weakness of anything else.

Just a suggestion encase they have no other choice but to self- destruct, while they have a backup.

2ndgenerationalteran
April 13th, 2006, 07:57 PM

i like the idea, and take those folk, they dont like the ppl of the land anyways. but the city is down under thousands of tons of dirt with trees growing in it. i very much doubt the other buildings are intact. but if they get it out its a long reconstruction.

to the other guy too valueable for a decoy, plus the wraith would wonder why its in such a bad condition and it would have to be destroyed because theyd probably figure they could take it and gain access to its data base

Avenger
April 13th, 2006, 08:20 PM
If they find another ZPM, my guess is that it would go to Earth so they can open the gate to Atlantis as needed.

Steven_the_Atlantean
April 13th, 2006, 09:31 PM
If they find another ZPM, my guess is that it would go to Earth so they can open the gate to Atlantis as needed.

Think about it, The Daedalus is doing a fine job and Atlantis needs it. The SGC are just going to keep it on the side for emergencies but on the other hand Atlantis will be operating other section and systems in the city and also discover new Technological weapons and now that Atlantis is faced with a New enemy, especially one so powerful It’s easy to conclude that we need as much as power and take advantage of it.As Rodney mention “More power, More Options”.

In saying that if Atlantis does have 3 operating Zedpms and got one spare then which your idea comes in to place.

freyr's mother
April 14th, 2006, 04:39 AM
Well, If Atlantis do receive three fully charge Zedpms I hope they use it to fly the sister city ( The Tower) next to Atlantis so if they ever do get caught by the wraith that Atlantis is very much existing we can easily use it as a decoy, while clocking Atlantis.

That is just about the best idea i have ever heard. Green cookies for you.

metroid
April 14th, 2006, 12:36 PM
The SGC are just going to keep it on the side for emergencies but on the other hand Atlantis will be operating other section and systems in the city and also discover new Technological weapons and now that Atlantis is faced with a New enemy, especially one so powerful It’s easy to conclude that we need as much as power and take advantage of it.As Rodney mention “More power, More Options”.

Heard of the Ori yet? I'm fairly sure that if they had a fully charged ZPM in SG1 they would plug it into the 304 and i'm sure they would have shields atleast as strong as theirs ifnot ALOT stronger ;)

PG15
April 14th, 2006, 02:36 PM

Alright guys, for the last time, you can't move "The Tower" since it's, pardon my language, a piece of crap. Try to move it, and it collapses.

It IS a good idea though if it can overcome that diffculty.

freyr's mother
April 14th, 2006, 02:53 PM
Alright guys, for the last time, you can't move "The Tower" since it's, pardon my language, a piece of crap. Try to move it, and it collapses.

It IS a good idea though if it can overcome that diffculty.

If they impliment a cloak on the Daedalus, they could stay above the Asuran city ship and beam strike teams on and off. When its all clear, beam the entire city into space and tow it to atlantis if it is in a lockdown mode, or if it is not in lockdown mode, commandeer the cityship and tow it to atlantis. Land it on the water about 50mi away and take all their ZPM's, drones and jumpers. We know nothing can harm the daedalus because the cloak would most likely be similar to the Sodan Personal cloaks. I don't know, im just rambling.

PG15
April 14th, 2006, 03:42 PM
Duuude! Spoiler warning!! :mad: :mad:

2ndgenerationalteran
April 14th, 2006, 05:38 PM

i dont understand the city in the tower looks like s*** i doubt it can fly or even use its sheild for that matter. bringing the city into space would take alot of energy and would be the end of it. its damaged and there must enough external damage to make sure it cant use its systems, im pretty sure putting it into motion would tear it up, when u raise it into space. and if the wraith find it they wont destroy it because they would take it over and seach the data base and keep it for them selves and there is no way to rais that shield, because looking at its conditions its shields are doubtful. its just not smart

Avenger
April 14th, 2006, 06:18 PM
Think about it, The Daedalus is doing a fine job and Atlantis needs it. The SGC are just going to keep it on the side for emergencies but on the other hand Atlantis will be operating other section and systems in the city and also discover new Technological weapons and now that Atlantis is faced with a New enemy, especially one so powerful It’s easy to conclude that we need as much as power and take advantage of it.As Rodney mention “More power, More Options”.

In saying that if Atlantis does have 3 operating Zedpms and got one spare then which your idea comes in to place.

The abilty to get people and supplies to Pegasus quickly is far more important. You lose a bunch of people in a skirmish, you get reenfircements in a matter of hours. You need a soecific piece of equipment for whatever reason, it's there in a matter of hours. You need more ammunition, food, medical supplies, etc, they are all there is a matter if hours. Having a ZPM on Earth would also allow for the Daedalus to be stationed at Atlantis far more regualrly.

zpm!!
April 14th, 2006, 06:36 PM
i say that the city ship in 2x15 the tower should be used as a aphla or beta site. find another zpm and put it in the other city ship.

IcyNeko
April 14th, 2006, 07:58 PM
Yes, make a broken city ship that's falling in on itself the alpha site. You know what the beta site should be? The Volcanic planet in "INferno". That would be a GREAT beta site. And then the expedition teams can go swimming in the lava.

PG15
April 14th, 2006, 09:38 PM
Yes, make a broken city ship that's falling in on itself the alpha site. You know what the beta site should be? The Volcanic planet in "INferno". That would be a GREAT beta site. And then the expedition teams can go swimming in the lava.

And of course the Gamma site has to be the Iratus bug cave in "Conversion", to emulate its MW counterpart.

nemisis
April 17th, 2006, 07:04 AM

that edxcauly i thougth mate :cameron:

XxDark-LordxX
April 17th, 2006, 04:04 PM
"the tower" city-ship: broken up for one thing... buried very deep... it would destroy a few of the citys if it were to fly out in anyways... powering it wwould cause earthquakes to destroy it... empty of all good tech... and the ppl arnt gonna give it away...

ZPM: we have a fully charged one on earth for the defence... was found in egypt i belive... and one in atlantis for shields.... or was it just one in atlantis and none in MW... hmmm... but another one would be nice... so they can reveal a bit more of atlantis... and a bit more systems