This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damaged Ships in Orbit?

You would think that there would be damged pj and ships in orbit around the Atlantis planet would you?

R.I.P Carson.

I think the sensors would find them

Comment

Originally posted by nemisis
      You would think that there would be damged pj and ships in orbit around the Atlantis planet would you?
      why do you think that there would be damaged puddle jumpers and ships in orbit around the atlantis planet or as lt ford calls it atlantica

Comment

Originally posted by generaloneill
        why do you think that there would be damaged puddle jumpers and ships in orbit around the atlantis planet or as lt ford calls it atlantica

lol because there was a great seige there must be some ships or pj posible crashed on the moon?

as ford would say moonic

R.I.P Carson.

Comment

10,000 years of slowly decaying orbit = burnt up in the atmosphere

Comment

Originally posted by nemisis
            lol because there was a great seige there must be some ships or pj posible crashed on the moon?

as ford would say moonic
            It has not yet been confirmed as to wether or not there is a moon orbiting lantia.

Best Stargate quote:
            Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
            Green is your friend.

Comment

I dont think that it would have all burnt up in the atmosphere, once an object is in orbit, it tends to stay in orbit it usually doesnt fall out of orbit for no specific reason, even in 10,000 years otherwise the moon would have fallen onto earth a long time ago, even if you were to think that maybe some pieces might hit each other and knock each other out of orbit i doubt that all of it would be gone. This was a really good thought because at first i was like it probably just fell to down to the planet but then i remembered that once you hit orbit you dont need much at all to stay in orbit.

Comment

There's always friction from the upper atmosphere.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Fonz_Solo
                  I dont think that it would have all burnt up in the atmosphere, once an object is in orbit, it tends to stay in orbit it usually doesnt fall out of orbit for no specific reason, even in 10,000 years otherwise the moon would have fallen onto earth a long time ago, even if you were to think that maybe some pieces might hit each other and knock each other out of orbit i doubt that all of it would be gone. This was a really good thought because at first i was like it probably just fell to down to the planet but then i remembered that once you hit orbit you dont need much at all to stay in orbit.
                  Most likely the bulk of them would have crashed & burned in the atmosphere. If you think that the Lantian ships would be protecting the planet from the Wraith ships, then when they got destroyed the impacts would be knocking them backwards towards the planet. For those that weren't, after 10,000 years, the force of the explosions would have meant that after all this time, they will have travelled a good bit away from the planet by now.

What's I'd like to see them do is explore the surrounding ocean. All those Wraith & Lantian ships that didn't burn up on re-entry, will have crashed in the sea. Simply because it's slap bang surrounded by water, therefore no land for them to crash land on. I bet there would be a good amount of stuff that they could sift through on the surface. I'd imagine that they could possible borrow the ZPM from Atlantis for a few hours. Install it in the PJ to super boost the shield then go deep sea treasure hunting. For all the power it'd deplete. If the PJ on it's own power can do it, then the ZPM drain for such a short period of time would be minimal at worst. They probably waste far more when doing some silly power or systems test on the city.

Other than that, they should be out looking for more Ancient ships & weapons, especially another sat weapons platform. Get Hermy to rig up a tractor beam of sorts, then have Orion drag it's ass back to protect Atlantis.

Comment

Wasn't the War with the Wraith only soemthing about 2700 years ago? They came back & tought the Romans Latin & how to build Roads. The Roman Kingdom (Start of Romans) started in 700BC with the Roman Repulic & the Roman Empire pursuing it. If they came back to Earth 10,000 years ago, they'd have to wait 97,300 years for the Romans to appear!

Edit-n Sorry, I ment 7,300 (10,000-2700), I have no idea where that 9 came from...!
                    Last edited by The Prophet; 14 April 2006, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet
                      Wasn't the War with the Wraith only soemthing about 2700 years ago? They came back & tought the Romans Latin & how to build Roads. The Roman Kingdom (Start of Romans) started in 700BC with the Roman Repulic & the Roman Empire pursuing it. If they came back to Earth 10,000 years ago, they'd have to wait 97,300 years for the Romans to appear!

I think they left Earth/MW 10,000 yrs ago. They obviously stayed there for some time if they had time to create a whole new gate network, seed the galaxy with life, and have the wraith evolve and develope technology. So your timeline is probab;y more acurate.

Perfecto!

Comment

After 10,000 years I'm sure their orbit would have decayed and they would have been lost to the planets atmosphere.

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff
                          I think they left Earth/MW 10,000 yrs ago. They obviously stayed there for some time if they had time to create a whole new gate network, seed the galaxy with life, and have the wraith evolve and develope technology. So your timeline is probab;y more acurate.
                          Based on the dates in the show..
                          The ancients left for the Pegasus galaxy form Earth several millions of years ago (the plague was raging at this time), this is the date they gave in the opening of rising part 1 , but we don’t know how long it took for them to get to the Pegasus galaxy . The left Atlantis after submerging the city 10,000 years ago for earth because of the war, but they never stated how long the war was going on, and in while we slept Dr. Weir was in status 10,000 years switching the ZPM’s and the dates are also stated in that show.
                          Last edited by Lonewolf; 10 April 2006, 11:49 AM.
                          LoneWolf

Maybe next time, you'll just wait and see."
                          "And blow my last chance of ever being right?" -- Jack and Jacob, Enemies

Comment

Atlantis left Earth several millions of years ago as started in Rising. Also, I believe the Wraith war lasted 100 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonewolf
                              Based on the dates in the show..
                              The ancients left for the Pegasus galaxy form Earth Approximately 1 million years ago (the plague was raging at this time), this is the date they gave in the opening of rising part 1 , but we don’t know how long it took for them to get to the Pegasus galaxy . The left Atlantis after submerging the city 10,000 years ago for earth because of the war, but they never stated how long the war was going on, and in while we slept Dr. Weir was in status 10,000 years switching the ZPM’s and the dates are also stated in that show.
                              So, why, 7,300 years later, at 700BC, ddi tehy chose to intervence with human Society & teach the Romans Latin & how to Build Roads?
                              That aslo means they had 7,300 years of civilisation left in the Milkyway before they did that & die out...

Comment

Working...
                              X