• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spacegate

So...is it analogue too?
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

What do you mean by analogue?
    "No single army can conquer the galaxy, but faith alone can overturn the universe." -- Imperial Ecclesiarch Decias IX
    ==============================================================
    Tiletron/Hyncharas:= Simon Spencer | Portfolio Gallery:= http://tiletron.deviantart.com
    Online:= Clan Draconus Lupus (8yr Veteran) | SG-VirtualSeries (Founder, Admin, PR Lead)

Comment

Analogue = Actual ring, like on the earth gate
      Digital = Like atlantis, with the lit up symbols.

Actually, i think it was I that coined those terms over at the old horizon forums lol. Or maybe I'm just dumb.
      ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Just thought an analogue octagonal gate would be a bit..awkward.
        sigpic

Comment

If nothing else, then, I think the Spacegate would follow an idea similar to the way a Stargate or Supergate would work with a Puddle Jumper: via a digital, tertiary connection by remote.

You just "dial-in," and it opens a singularity powerful enough to establish a large-scale wormhole.
          "No single army can conquer the galaxy, but faith alone can overturn the universe." -- Imperial Ecclesiarch Decias IX
          Tiletron/Hyncharas:= Simon Spencer | Portfolio Gallery:= http://tiletron.deviantart.com
          Online:= Clan Draconus Lupus (8yr Veteran) | SG-VirtualSeries (Founder, Admin, PR Lead)

Comment

It states in the Awakening script that the Vorian stargate system operates the same way as the Pegasus system with a digital ring, with Earth's stargate system with a mechanical ring, due to the fact that the Anicents had either changed the material used because there wasn't any of it in the galaxy (note the stargate is made from naqauhdah) and the electronic ones made from a different element

Comment

...now you are quoting scripts?

In response to that, this is probably a question that Alex can answer better than myself, since I have decided to finish building the Valiant before I start reading the series!

Comment

hehe just pointing out as i finished reading it 2 hours ago

Comment

If you care for the opinion of a lowly... me... Digital does make more sense... And it does say it dials like the gate in the Pegasus galaxy. Besides, it'll look cooler when you're looking at it through the window in the gate room.

To see a picture of me in the Miss Teen America pageant, click here.

Comment

But then that goes against the idea that these gates are older than the analogue ones.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lightbane
                      It states in the Awakening script that the Vorian stargate system operates the same way as the Pegasus system with a digital ring, with Earth's stargate system with a mechanical ring, due to the fact that the Anicents had either changed the material used because there wasn't any of it in the galaxy (note the stargate is made from naqauhdah) and the electronic ones made from a different element
                      Um, aren't ALL of the stargates made of Naquida? The digital ones are just designed differently from the analong ones. Probebly after all the analong gates were placed in the Milky Way some Ancient decided on a more efficient dialing system.

Comment

Well just because the Ancients were an advanced civilisation doesn't mean they wouldn't have been contunuing to advance their own technologies. I guess with a race like theirs the process would be extremely slow, while on Earth for the SGC/ISGC we have had to skip centuries of advancement simply because of the dangers the Goa'uld once posed to us.

Comment

Working...
                        X